List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

With Houston being one of the bigger names of this trade period and linked to two big Melbourne clubs I can see the AFL holding back the trade announcement for the live Fox broadcast to conclude the trade period.

Usually l am a let’s go to the draft person
But this year Houston is better than any kid we would bring in
So l am all in with the trade

My only regret winning the flag is that Ginnivan played instead of Noble.
And that’s not out of spite. Noble deserved to be there more as Ginnivan was totally ineffective.
I wanted Ginnivan to play in the GF, which I now regret we selected him, nothing but hate for the bloke now, JN deserved the opportunity far more.....

With Houston being one of the bigger names of this trade period and linked to two big Melbourne clubs I can see the AFL holding back the trade announcement for the live Fox broadcast to conclude the trade period.

Sounds Very Possible as mean more people pay attention to the AFL with this

Jeez we are in a good position. Got to snag pick 13, we are in the box seat and can’t fumble the bag. Noble and F1 for 13 and 23 feels fair…

Can then play hard ball with Houston knowing if it fell through we’d still be armed potentially with 13,23,38…
Even harder as they need capital to bring in Lukosius and Richards too.

Finally it feels good to have someone in charge with some balls and confidence like Leppa

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't know if that will happen, haven't the media been preaching 13 will cause the domino effect
on all trades

I can totally see a scenario where the deal is already done in principle and they’re saving it for the last day for the telecast

The conspiracy theories on Carlton's board :

"Haha, so collingwood are chasing and likely to land Chris Davies to replace Graham wright (port Adelaide footy GM)

Davies is doing the Houston deal."
My favourite was when one poster claimed "The Pies are doing it just to stick it up us". No jest.

Like they think a professional sports team would do a high profile trade just to spite another club it used to have beef with back in the day?

WHAT ETR0tuMUwAA-bA7.jpeg

They don’t have all that much.
They got a late 30s pick which and then a pick in the 50s
Would we take a 30s pick?
50s is way too light to even use
They’ll have a pick for Soldo coming in, but not sure where that lands

Don't know if that will happen, haven't the media been preaching 13 will cause the domino effect
on all trades
True, but maybe they hold back the Houston domino if it’s the end of a chain

My favourite was when one poster claimed "The Pies are doing it just to stick it up us". No jest.

Like they think a professional sports team would do a high profile trade just to spite another club it used to have beef with back in the day?

WHATView attachment 2134559
Well, they’re not wrong, technically. It’s it the main motivation, but still a nice side benefit.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back