List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Same height as Tomlinson and I'd argue Haynes would have a much better aerial game.
I suspect therewas a bit of interest in Haynes and thus a decent gap in salary. Got to go cheap somewhere if we're chasing premium elsewhere.

Can he replace the murphy role? I would have thought thats our need, with Frampton not quite good enough to free up Moore.

In any event, Im glad to hear all the responses to my earlier post , as they all praise houston very highly, and he sounds very creative and impactful
He's not so much a like-for-like replacement, but he'll add a whole new dimension to our backline and take the pressure off of Moore

The one thing I'm half-concerned on is the claim that we have great small forward depth so Richards leaving doesn't really hurt us. While our best 23 small forward brigade is as good as any, the depth we have to my knowledge is Harrison who will obviously miss the majority of next year. What happens if we get an injury there?
It we replace a small forward with WHE, Lipinski or even a tall like Kreguer or Johnson that's fine. Even if Bobby gets an injury we still have Beau, Elliott and Schultz to fall back on. We could even rest DeGoey or Daicos up there with a midfield of Mitchell, Daicos, Crisp, Pendlebury, Sidebottom, DeGoey and now Perryman rotating.

Collingwood are 2 years away from where Richmond are now. Ageing list. No draft capital. Tassie coming in.
Big congratulations on your 30 th anniversary next year of

Zilch
Nothing
Underachieving
The drought

1995-2025
On behalf of bigfooty long may the drought continue

1995-2025
30 big years of failure

Collingwood are 2 years away from where Richmond are now. Ageing list. No draft capital. Tassie coming in.
We are also 12months on from a flag. How about you?

You must be bored coming here. Perhaps break this out and watch your last premiership

IMG_0690.jpeg

Oh and we have McGuane next year. Enjoy the twins 😂

Last edited:
Good. At least we will give another premiership a shake before getting our number 1 picks. What that like by the way..... The picks not the premierships. No one remembers your premierships they were too long ago.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The three top 10 picks Essendon had in the 2020 draft haven't done enough between them to make one decent player.
Tbf, 2020 was a pretty weak draft. And barring McCreery we kind of flopped too (shame about Henry of course). Would be a different story if we had picked Holmes at 19 instead of Fin, but he was a genuine bolter.

Not sure he's going to be retained. If anyone, I'd keep Eyre but there's no doubt we're bringing in Tomlinson
Both Dean and Eyre are rookies though so dumping them won’t free up a spot . It we take Tomlinson it’s probably curtains for both kreugs and reef who as far as I’m aware are the only two remaining contracted players on the senior list

Incorrect.
Nothing like Richmond.

Our core will still be very competitive.
There will be a slight drop but not as drastic as Richmond.

Daicos x 2
Perryman
Quaynor
Schultz
Hill
Moore
Degoey
Maybe Houston
Maynard
Lipinski
McReery
Dean

With Allan/Harrison/Demattia/Ryan/Parker to hopefully step up.

McGuane added next year also.

Then there's also future free agents with cap space freed up.

Just worry about your mob falling short each season. At least you can circle jerk over Cripps brownlow's.

Tbf, 2020 was a pretty weak draft. And barring McCreery we kind of flopped too (shame about Henry of course). Would be a different story if we had picked Holmes at 19 instead of Fin, but he was a genuine bolter.
Weak draft or just a blind one? The country was in lockdown for most of the year so the draft was an absolute lottery

I wouldn't get Tomlinson in the trade period when list spots are tight as he'd go on the senior list. DFA are rookies, yeah?

Nope. Senior listed.

Both Dean and Eyre are rookies though so dumping them won’t free up a spot . It we take Tomlinson it’s probably curtains for both kreugs and reef who as far as I’m aware are the only two remaining contracted players on the senior list
I think we'll put tomlinson on the rookie list though. He's been delisted. It's the Rookies that are in trouble for me. We've already lost a few from the main list which will replaced with Perryman and Houston hopefully.

Well thats a shame
The rookie draft I suppose that can happen

Yep if he doesn’t sign as a DFA anywhere else, and is willing to nominate for the rookie draft for a chance at continuing his career, that’s an option for us to add him even if we have no senior spots left.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back