List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we'll put tomlinson on the rookie list though. He's been delisted. It's the Rookies that are in trouble for me. We've already lost a few from the main list which will replaced with Perryman and Houston hopefully.
I look at it like this. How many games are won and lost by a goal? For us a lot. Slight improvement is all we need. Tomlinson isn’t a gun, but if he’s a 10% upgrade on Frampton and dean, and nets us based off that 2 more wins, job done. I’m sure if we do get him, he will be a great addition to the whipping thread

I think we'll put tomlinson on the rookie list though. He's been delisted. It's the Rookies that are in trouble for me. We've already lost a few from the main list which will replaced with Perryman and Houston hopefully.
That would work.

Retain kreugs, rookie Tomlinson and reef, get rid of long Bytel and Sullivan. Hopefully keep Dean.

Well thats a shame
The rookie draft I suppose that can happen
Yep if he doesn’t sign as a DFA anywhere else, and is willing to nominate for the rookie draft for a chance at continuing his career, that’s an option for us to add him even if we have no senior spots left.
The rookie draft is basically finished these days. He'd be an SSP signing and that's onto the Rookie List.

I look at it like this. How many games are won and lost by a goal? For us a lot. Slight improvement is all we need. Tomlinson isn’t a gun, but if he’s a 10% upgrade on Frampton and dean, and nets us based off that 2 more wins, job done. I’m sure if we do get him, he will be a great addition to the whipping thread
If we won either of the two games we drew, we would have played finals. It's not like we need a massive improvement out of our arses.

The one thing I'm half-concerned on is the claim that we have great small forward depth so Richards leaving doesn't really hurt us. While our best 23 small forward brigade is as good as any, the depth we have to my knowledge is Harrison who will obviously miss the majority of next year. What happens if we get an injury there?
We’ll go in with three small forwards instead of 4 which is still plenty.

because that is they way big trades like this happen. The AFL want to drag it out.

Is this your first trade period?

I think you’re genuinely being a little facetious, but there are too many pick exchanges involved that could potentially be utilised in other trade scenarios, where this line of reasoning, doesn’t make sense…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I wouldn't get Tomlinson in the trade period when list spots are tight as he'd go on the senior list. DFA are rookies, yeah?
No, if you want a delisted player as a rookie you select them during the SSP.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What do people think of Curtis Taylor as a possible pick up after North delisted him?

If he’s competition are Frampton, Dean and Erye, then yes. Also don’t think our club would go for a player over 30 just to back up.
If we signed Tomlinson, agree that it wouldn't be "just" as backup. It'd be at minimum as backup. He'd then need to win out a starting role ahead of others. Similar to the Frampton signing.

Tomlinson is decent and at worst provides extra cover. If he's the best we can find I guess he's worth signing.

Yep if he doesn’t sign as a DFA anywhere else, and is willing to nominate for the rookie draft for a chance at continuing his career, that’s an option for us to add him even if we have no senior spots left.
We can create main list spots by delisting and rookieing Macrae and Johnson. If there was interest in Krueger or Reef we'd be hearing it so if we want to retain either or both we could move them to the rookie list. We can also go with 38 rather than 36 on the primary list (although it costs salary cap). Main list spots are only an issue if we want to keep a fair few of the unsigned guys and thus don't have much space on the rookie list.

If we won either of the two games we drew, we would have played finals. It's not like we need a massive improvement out of our arses.
Houston in and Jordy fit would actually be a massive improvement out of our arses and all other orifices as well.

If he’s competition are Frampton, Dean and Erye, then yes. Also don’t think our club would go for a player over 30 just to back up.
If he’s not in the best 22 then he’s a backup. I have concerns that all we are doing is making arguable marginal gains on our kpd VFL backups by picking up Tomlinson, and whether it’s the right approach with list spots quite scarce. Maybe on the rookie list.

If he’s not in the best 22 then he’s a backup. I have concerns that all we are doing is making arguable marginal gains on our kpd VFL backups by picking up Tomlinson, and whether it’s the right approach with list spots quite scarce. Maybe on the rookie list.
He'd be similar to Frampton in 2023. A player we'd want to perform well enough to play in our starting defence, but would have to earn it against Frampton, Dean etc. I'd expect he'd be able to do that, but if Dean improves considerably and goes past him that's even better.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back