I’d persevere one more year with reef and Finn

Plus the best player in the AFL plays with us and is only 21

Daicos is 21
Beau is 23
Q is 24
Bobby is 24
Ed Allan is 20 looks like he's going to be a pretty handy player
TJ is 19 and looks like he's going to be a handy player
Both Smit and Steene seem like they'll be solid contributors (which honestly in today's game is all they need to be). They're 20 and 21 respectively
McGuane as you said is coming in

Again, as I keep saying, all the chicken little talk completely ignore how fortunate the timing is for us in that we're going to lose all the 30 plus year olds and free up caps space in the same seasons a tonne of genuine gun restricted free agents become available

I won't deny that just like when we got Daicos when we did, we're going to be the recipients of some very lucky timing. But I don't really see the cliff coming that others seem to.

Again, it's sheer luck. I personally think we should have started transitioning out the older players at the end of last season myself. Even Fly has spoken of Mick Malthouse telling him he needs to stagger them. Yet he doesn't seem to be. Maybe because of the above lucky timing?

My hope is that we're already in the ear of our RFA targets like LDU, maybe rile up the Blues and have a crack at Weitering. Hell go for Aidan Corr AND LDU

All the Dean fans here can defend him all you want.

But he has been shocking in the AFL.

Pies would get smashed by good teams with multiple good goal kickers if he was to field a finals game. He gets beaten so bad, he literally breaks the entire defensive structure for Pies as other players have to try to make up for his horribleness.

Again, a miracle is required for him to be a key player for Pies as a premiership contender.

Coaches back me since they removed Dean after the first 3 weeks, which were embarrassing for him.... Pies looked good when he was off the game. Coaches agree.
IF the coaches back you how come they brought him back into the team?

In assessing Dean you are focussing exclusively on his first 2 games (you keep saying 3, but it is only 2) where he was undeniably poor, and completely ignore his other 6 games where he was serviceable.

Dean may or may not make it. but is nowhere near as bad as you make out.

Mate cmon, obviously Darcy has a lot more credits and was never playing VFL, my point is he was also terrible at times this year.
Dean was poor early on but played well when he was recalled.
I think you know that’s what I meant BTW 🤣
Just joshing with ya axl. Darcy did have a poor year

Daicos is 21
Beau is 23
Q is 24
Bobby is 24
Ed Allan is 20 looks like he's going to be a pretty handy player
TJ is 19 and looks like he's going to be a handy player
Both Smit and Steene seem like they'll be solid contributors (which honestly in today's game is all they need to be). They're 20 and 21 respectively
McGuane as you said is coming in

Again, as I keep saying, all the chicken little talk completely ignore how fortunate the timing is for us in that we're going to lose all the 30 plus year olds and free up caps space in the same seasons a tonne of genuine gun restricted free agents become available

I won't deny that just like when we got Daicos when we did, we're going to be the recipients of some very lucky timing. But I don't really see the cliff coming that others seem to.

Again, it's sheer luck. I personally think we should have started transitioning out the older players at the end of last season myself. Even Fly has spoken of Mick Malthouse telling him he needs to stagger them. Yet he doesn't seem to be. Maybe because of the above lucky timing?

My hope is that we're already in the ear of our RFA targets like LDU, maybe rile up the Blues and have a crack at Weitering. Hell go for Aidan Corr AND LDU
Agree although you can't stagger them just yet because all of our older players are still playing well.

Agree although you can't stagger them just yet because all of our older players are still playing well.

I'm not sure I agree all of them are playing overly well (like Steele), I think it's more that their replacements aren't at the level to replace them yet. Or at least they're not being given the opportunity to show it

Pies would get smashed by good teams with multiple good goal kickers if he was to field a finals game. He gets beaten so bad, he literally breaks the entire defensive structure for Pies as other players have to try to make up for his horribleness.

Again, a miracle is required for him to be a key player for Pies as a premiership contender.

Coaches back me since they removed Dean after the first 3 weeks, which were embarrassing for him.... Pies looked good when he was off the game. Coaches agree.

Key defender got shown up in his first 3 games of senior footy. Wow, that’s a shock. Coaches also continued to return him to the senior side. What does that mean they thought?

I'm slowly coming around to the idea of Houston. I was totally against it as I thought we would be selling to much to bring in an A grade player now, but in 3-4 years time bottoming out.
However, with McGuane coming in next year, we are still bringing in first rounders to our club. If we don't trade out 2026 F1st next year, then in 2026 we will still have a 1st round draft pick in 2026.

So really, the list managers are not neglecting the young kids..... Its just that we had a patch were no kids really took there chances. Therefore, there is a hole in our list which is being plugged up by older players till the next batch come through.

So, I'm now all in for Houston. However, I would like the pies to at least have a second round pick this year. Would definitely help to bridge the gap in a deep draft.

You have no clue - and repeatedly proving that with these stupid posts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure why, but gut feel is he ends up at Carlton.

Would love to have him at Collingwood, but if we can get our hands on pick 13 and another pick in the top 25-30 I would be stoked. Win either way from my POV.

But yeah, obviously keen to add Houston. He is an exceptional talent and improves any side.

Kane is not completely wrong, I agree that Houston and Perryman will be the new senior players when all of our veterans retire which is important. But our youth is average at best, and we have one of the oldest lists in the competition. I find it strange that so many people think our youth is elite.
That because we think we are in Premiership Window and want to win the Flag this year and next

Can Trade players in like what Swans and Cata do

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back