List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Whole thing seems a bit weird.

The fact we've got the "inside running" (to pick 13) with Noble is surely irrelevant to Houston and the CSM team. They know Carlton could give their current first rounder to Port if push came to shove.

That and the fact their offer supposedly isn't as good?

I'll give Edmund some credit, he often doesn't like to insert his opinion, but I can't help but feel he's using a Carlton source this morning.

We heard just yesterday Carlton saying "Houston hasn't yet nominated a club" and ten mins earlier Leppa was blatantly saying we are confident.

I think the issue is that Carlton just aren't willing to pay enough for Port to trade him. And that only changes if they trade their first or can magic a big return for Kennedy and Owies or trade someone else. So Carlton are probably his preference, but he's contracted and can't get there unless Carlton are willing to pay enough for Port to release him.

Last edited:
It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that Edmund would float a pro Carlton update to anyone that listened to the Lucas interview on trade radio yesterday. It’s also abundantly clear that he’s their’s if they cave on trading pick 12 and all this talk about 13 will be for nothing if they pivot on that. Listening to Austin though they want the draft. It’s a real test of the power at Princess Park between Austin v Voss.

He wants to come back to Victoria. A deal with us looks likely. Judging by Leppas comments.
And the fact that the Blues are wanting to really go to the draft and aren't wanting to give up what the Power want for Houston.

It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone that Edmund would float a pro Carlton update to anyone that listened to the Lucas interview on trade radio yesterday. It’s also abundantly clear that he’s their’s if they cave on trading pick 12 and all this talk about 13 will be for nothing if they pivot on that. Listening to Austin though they want the draft. It’s a real test of the power at Princess Park between Austin v Voss.
I think Port will only deal with us now.
They said as much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They said as much.
Not sure how they operate and what “good faith” has or hasn’t been created between the clubs. The concern will be that when Carlton decide to actually join in and provide decent currency they will have to keep the door open to get the best result for their club.

Either Carlton are just being really aggressive in the negotiations or they genuinely at this stage can’t come up with an offer that is good enough.

The problem with trade period lasting so long is it opens the doors to things happening that may not have in a shorter time frame which can work for and against you.

As much as I hope I am wrong , i am in the get Houston camp, still think there is more to play out here with the Scum, unfortunately.

They said as much.
GC suggested similar in regards to 13 because of Noble. Where Houston’s preference sits (and what I assume Edmund neglected to mention) is that if he wants out it’s Collingwood because of the other moving parts. Carlton has a real shot at pulling the rug out from under us by ramping up their offer, but I don’t see it unless as sr suggested they can get outrageous value for Kennedy and Owies. IMO, the key for Collingwood and why I think he gets to us is our ability to tie the 4 players and three clubs together.

GC suggested similar in regards to 13 because of Noble. Where Houston’s preference sits (and what I assume Edmund neglected to mention) is that if he wants out it’s Collingwood because of the other moving parts. Carlton has a real shot at pulling the rug out from under us by ramping up their offer, but I don’t see it unless as sr suggested they can get outrageous value for Kennedy and Owies.
I'd honestly wonder if there would be anyone really in the market for either, listening to Gettable on AFL.com.au they seemed to believe there's little market for a player like Kennedy. I'm not sure about Owies, though. I don't think he'd have a lot of value either.

Sorry to intrude but Houstons preference would be to continue to play for Port unfortunately we are not based in Melbourne!! and for family reasons he needs to get back to Melbourne so he will be happy to play for either Carlton or Collingwood. Yes he has a relationship with vossy but whichever of the 2 clubs comes up with the best deal for port will get his services. Don't listen to Edmund.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back