List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

tell GC 23 won't cut it for Noble - if we don't get 13 then we don't get Houston - therefore Noble stays as he is a required player. They are the ones who need to get the deal done.
Still reckon we’d be keen on 13 regardless of Houston. So we’d want to get some form of deal done with GC for noble

The issue with that is once you trade out a F2nd you can't trade out your F1st. It would lock us out of the Houston deal imo.

Aaaah ok

I didn’t realise that. Fair enough.

tell GC 23 won't cut it for Noble - if we don't get 13 then we don't get Houston - therefore Noble stays as he is a required player. They are the ones who need to get the deal done.
No I mean pies offering F1 and Noble for 13 and 23. But Suns only want to give 13 for noble. They don't want to include 23 in that as well.

I really don't understand why Blues don't want to keep Owies. They need small forwards who can kick goals.
Carlton are short on list spots - they have to let a few go and Owies is the easiest. I think there are clubs out there who will take him but they know they will have to cut him if he can't find a home during the trade period.

I don’t think the 2020 trade period was a high point in Collingwoods history. Not necessarily representative of our overall list management history which has been acceptable to good.
I think the opposite.
Well, maybe not the full opposite.....half of it was absolutely spot on....the other half was arrogance.

Without 2020....we 100% don't win 2023.

The offloading of players for cap space was a great move.
I said it at the time. It wasn't the disaster everyone thinks it was.
Its important to split the execution of the strategy vs the reason we needed that strategy.

The PR around it was the reason everyone hates it. The lying was what made it worse.
It was also the first time clubs had openly used cap as a trading resource.
So the media didn't really understand WTF was happening and hence couldn't believe the 'value' we got back.
But the strategy of it was absolutely solid.

The decision to move on the pick in 21 was the half that reeked of arrogance!
Club felt that players "not exposed to elite pathways" because of covid would get us some higher talented players with the picks we had.....massive fail!

Anyway, i'm sure this position won't be popular :)

No I mean pies offering F1 and Noble for 13 and 23. But Suns only want to give 13 for noble. They don't want to include 23 in that as well.
they are dreaming - they are the ones who want a contracted player - No doubt Hardwick has told them what he wants and I don't believe they will disappoint him. We need to take advantage of this and get overs, not unders

Carlton are short on list spots - they have to let a few go and Owies is the easiest. I think there are clubs out there who will take him but they know they will have to cut him if he can't find a home during the trade period.
Well let's hope they lose Owies, don't get Houston & the Campo boys are duds.

Great strategy Carlscum.

That’s part of the negotiation process just as our ask of 13, 23 and 29 was overs. The two will inevitably meet in the middle and once Richards and Lukocious are thrown in the mix it becomes a week two trade. Fantastic fodder for trade radio.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the opposite.
Well, maybe not the full opposite.....half of it was absolutely spot on....the other half was arrogance.

Without 2020....we 100% don't win 2023.

The offloading of players for cap space was a great move.
I said it at the time. It wasn't the disaster everyone thinks it was.
Its important to split the execution of the strategy vs the reason we needed that strategy.

The PR around it was the reason everyone hates it. The lying was what made it worse.
It was also the first time clubs had openly used cap as a trading resource.
So the media didn't really understand WTF was happening and hence couldn't believe the 'value' we got back.
But the strategy of it was absolutely solid.

The decision to move on the pick in 21 was the half that reeked of arrogance!
Club felt that players "not exposed to elite pathways" because of covid would get us some higher talented players with the picks we had.....massive fail!

Anyway, i'm sure this position won't be popular :)
Absolutely it was the train crash we needed to have.

But overall it wasn’t handled well, players were traded away with terrible bad will and poor trading out comes, and trading the future pick was a mistake in hindsight. That said it needed to be traded regardless as Nicky D was in the pipeline… our drop to 17th the next year regardless of “ arrogance” was unexpected.

My main point being 2020 was the exception not the rule.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back