List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton Board:
"Am I the only one who thinks Houston gets overrated a bit? Okay, AA half back. One of the best kicks in the comp, great. Probably his main one wood though and not especially a great actual defender (could stand to be corrected)."

"best kicks in comp" and "AA" but he's just Okay

Just a reminder what the blooos board said about Saad joining them:
"We should have the best defence in the League next year."
"Finals here we come!"
"...unlike at *, you will win multiple finals"

"Can’t believe we get Saad but still won’t win a grand final sprint for years (Because Saad will be playing on those days)"

Even though he is uncontracted, his choices are (1) re-sign with Collingwood (given we have offered him a contract) (2) Get traded (which is what he has asked for) or (3) Go to the draft.

There may also be an SSP option in there as well, dunno.
No SSP option, he'd have to go undrafted for that.

Carlton Board:
"Am I the only one who thinks Houston gets overrated a bit? Okay, AA half back. One of the best kicks in the comp, great. Probably his main one wood though and not especially a great actual defender (could stand to be corrected)."

"Finals here we come!"

"Can’t believe we get Saad but still won’t win a grand final sprint for years (Because Saad will be playing on those days)"
Sad Cry Me A River GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Carlton Board:

"Finals here we come!"

They might overdose on that copium with the amount they’re using

Except the overs you pay through trading them in once proven rather than drafting them is counterbalanced by the earlier picks that fail and the later picks that come good.
Yet some players have one break out year and shit the bed so they are hardly guaranteed. What could we have got for Stevo at the end of 18? Compared to what he achieved after that

Oh man what did he say?

Please elaborate.

He's now apparently staggered that Port Adelaide would help a direct competitor get better by letting Houston get to us

But apparently that's not an issue for:

Bulldogs and Geelong
St.Kilda and Hawthorn
Port and Carlton
Melbourne and Adelaide
GWS and Adelaide

Nope, just us and Port

He’s out of contract, not a free agent. Still needs to be traded for.
Ok right I wasn't even aware there was a difference between the two terms, what makes them different if I might ask? If hypothetically a deal couldn't get done with Port then would he then be forced to sign with us or would he then be able to choose to enter FA?

Yet some players have one break out year and shit the bed so they are hardly guaranteed. What could we have got for Stevo at the end of 18? Compared to what he achieved after that
Yes, but that's not what we're recruiting. Stepho is more of a cautionary tale concerning the draft, rather than one concerning recruiting mature players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok right I wasn't even aware there was a difference between the two terms, what makes them different if I might ask? If hypothetically a deal couldn't get done with Port then would he then be forced to sign with us or would he then be able to choose to enter FA?
He would have to either
1. Sign with us
2. Go into the draft/ PSD and hope nobody else selects him before port.
But these things tend to go done, especially for OOC players (look at Ollie)
You rarely see the PSD move get used. Only incentive if you are on the bottom of the ladder

Including the drafts and trading forum?

My bad. I will delete.

You cannot directly post the name of poster and quote from any board.

Can say you read '....' but not post the quote that identifies the poster.

Not to worry, I have deleted.
I fixed it and left it there.

He's now apparently staggered that Port Adelaide would help a direct competitor get better by letting Houston get to us

But apparently that's not an issue for:

Bulldogs and Geelong
St.Kilda and Hawthorn
Port and Carlton
Melbourne and Adelaide
GWS and Adelaide

Nope, just us and Port
Moving Houston to us is not going to hurt them in port v pies games. We haven’t lost to them under our current coach anyway.

Contracts remain in place till 31 October afaik so he’s still technically contracted would be the main thing. Has to actually be delisted to qualify as a DFA. If he remains unsigned then the draft becomes his only option to get to another club.

Just to add to what Jen said.

Must play for 6 years (pretty sure its 6....somewhere around there) to be granted FA status.
Restricted - current club can match your bid
unrestricted (after 7-8 years) - current club cannot match.
If you get 'delisted' by a club and drafted by another, when that contract ends you are FA.
Markov fits this, so when his contract is up, he technically is an FA and go to any club that wants him.

Apart from that, Richards is "still on our list" until October 31 (after Trade period).
So if someone wants him, they must trade for him.

If after October 31 he doesn't want to accept our offer, he can choose not to accept our offer and put his name in the draft/ pre-season draft in the hope no one picks him up.

edit: what Molly said!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back