List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The "oh well, we missed out on Houston but we can now go to the draft" responses to this scenario aren't surprising.

For a start it's likely what we'd be saying here, but their mentality in particular is a mirror image of what rheir list manager put out into the public on day one.

I reckon he knew back then they were only outsiders.
Let's not pretend there won't be some of that here if the deal falls through.

Why has no one else thought of this?
It’s what we’ve done from the Treloar trade 🤷‍♂️

Rather than spend on early picks that “might” make it we went and poached players 7-8 years later. From the 15-16 draft years we look likely to wind up with Shoota, Daicos, Perryman and Houston. We also did the same in 2011 with Crisp, WHE and Adams all traded in a few years later.

The next one will be the 18-19 drafts which we traded out of with Beams. Hill’s been added, Bergman will be one we target at some point again and possibly King.

The anti-Collingwood agenda from Majority of Media is Disgusting
It really is and they aren’t even bothering to hide how obvious it looks. I’ll give it to them, they want clicks and we get sucked in every time. It’s wrong though. Look forward to laughing in their faces when we land our guy.

The best one is still that comment how in a few years time Houston will be old and slow and they don't need him because their HB line is set with Saad, Newman and Docherty (who are all even older and slower).

The delusion is strong down there.

elite? Like I think the poster was referring to the top end kids requestng a trade after their first contract.
It doesn't happen very often.
Naicos, Sheezel and Ashcroft aside what kid is elite after their first contract? Adams and Aish though I’d argue were top end and rated higher than Henry and Bruhn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like we’ve missed out on Houston

Fox reporting a powerhouse club is out of the running

Hang on……

Apparently the powerhouse is Carlton 😂😂😂😂

You scared me for a while there. 🤣

Naicos, Sheezel and Ashcroft aside what kid is elite after their first contract? Adams and Aish though I’d argue were top end and rated higher than Henry and Bruhn.
I don't think Aish has quite lived up to his pedigree, but it would have been good to keep him - another 2020 salary cap casualty.

The anti-Collingwood agenda from Majority of Media is Disgusting
They simply can't handle watching us improve our list.

Had any other club secured either Perryman or Houston they would be applauded.

We may very well secure both, yet we're being reckless & about to fall off the cliff.

And now Cornes is getting stuck into our premiership captain. Again.

It's totally bonkers. You really just have to laugh at them.

one thing I like about Houston..if we get him is he has little bit of mongrel about him...not just from that bump but other highlights ive seen he goes ok has aggro and really enjoys the physicality
He and Bruzzy would make quite the pair.

The media typifies the general public, Dave.

We are hated by everyone that doesn't support us, and I love it.

Black and white. With us or against us
There’s no shades of grey at all in there.

I have been one of the brigade very worried about where we go when the absolute stars in Sidebottom and Pendlebury go, but I have no disputes with the steady replacement by good trading method being followed. The stars of the magnitude of our impending retirees can usually only be replaced in the draft, but the gift of the Daicos brothers probably covers them. Picking up a Jeremy Howe replacement for nothing will be difficult, but you never know.
If Houston comes to us, then the can has been successfully kicked down the road. In football terms, that is all that is possible, since there is only a few years in any playing group. Well done (in advance) to the administrators.

If the draft is as even as the experts say it is there should only be marginal difference in the picks. Therefore Houston should be the priority.
Picks 11-20 average ~120 games, and generally take a while to crack 50 games (let alone more). Houston should easily be able to play 5-7 years of high level footy week-in week-out, so should get 100-150 games out of him - at AA level!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back