List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure if posted but Twomey said on gettable the pick swap trade Carlton did basically rules them out of getting Houston
Yea they now have nothing else they can offer apart from Pick 12 or 14 straight swap for Houston. Our offer would be 13 plus Richards and Port are already baulking at that.

As you said, the key difference in all this cluster is:
  • Port wants Lukosius
It's not just that Port wants Lukosius, but that Gold Coast desperately wants Lukosius' salary off their books, so they really want that deal to happen. With contracts like the one they just gave to Mac Andrew getting given out, they can't afford to be paying a guy not in Hardwick's plans north of $1.25m a year.

Why would North put a top 4 pick on the table for 13? Seems a bit odd.
Yea it would be false. If they wanted to move their F1 into this year they would target one of the 5 first rounders Richmond are about to get and would jump at a chance at North's F1 next year.

Might even be able to get Pick 6 from Richmond for that. Or at least Pick 10 from Freo

Seems pretty simple to chuck in the Hawks pick though right? Blues got 14 for F1 + F2.
I think it'll go in to the pot, but it'll be a 3 way trade. GC won't want to do Lukosius as a stand alone deal. They want him off their books. And a 3 way deal best enables them to all walk away happy.

Sounds like we are prepared to walk away, because we aren't prepared to sell the farm for one player over the future of the club
I know you really want us to hit the draft Jen, but I really think you are underestimating how good Houston is. Whatever pick 13 ends up being is not going to be thing that puts us in flag contention next year, no matter how solid the draft is.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know you really want us to hit the draft Jen, but I really think you are underestimating how good Houston is. Whatever pick 13 ends up being is not going to be thing that puts us in flag contention next year, no matter how solid the draft is.
Nobody is underestimating how good he is.
It’s just balancing the needs of now and the future which what I love about the language Leppa is using and how he’s approaching this.

Just fyi, we’ve got Melbournes F1 and Norths F1 on the table for 13, so Collingwood needs to beat those offers really.

13 for Noble + F1 wouldn’t really even beat 13 for Norths F1 but we’d do it to get Noble sorted.
No, we don't need to beat every offer for the pick.
GC needs to choose whether our offer is adequate to help the trade for a popular contracted player to go through.
We need to assess how best to replace Nobes, if he goes.
Hence, the ticking clock...

I know you really want us to hit the draft Jen, but I really think you are underestimating how good Houston is. Whatever pick 13 ends up being is not going to be thing that puts us in flag contention next year, no matter how solid the draft is.I'm just going by what Leppa is indicating.
He wants a pick in this years draft but houston too, but its a balancing act. We'll see what happens and if we can manage both.

Nobody is underestimating how good he is.
It’s just balancing the needs of now and the future which what I love about the language Leppa is using and how he’s approaching this.
If we assume nobody is underestimating how good he is, they're certainly overestimating the strength of the draft and how much it will contribute to winning the flag next year.

Seriously, people here got on board with getting one last rodeo out of the veterans next year and how Pendles is training hard to give it "one last crack" in his words. Pick 13 isn't the ting to give us that one last crack.

The excitement over being in the flag hunt is much greater than the excitement of bringing in a pimply faced kid who kicks ball good.

What a terrifying 3 minute ordeal that was, I was thinking about suggesting we sack Leppa
Don’t have to put Trade Papers in yet as long as they get in before Trade Period Closes

waiting sucks

Shows trade period should be a week at Most

Most clubs are very smart in managing their cap situation, Carlton no doubt will have to modify few contracts but I am pretty certain they will be able to find a way fit Houston in their cap.

Carlton have found some very creative solutions in the past to a tight salary cap. :eek:

He wants a pick in this years draft but houston too, but its a balancing act. We'll see what happens and if we can manage both.
Obviously managing both is ideal, but Houston should be the obvious priority

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back