List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You know teams have 2 back flanks?
And we’ve got Powell in our team along with Weller/Flanders. Noble is a good player yes, but he’s not a necessity when we are already recruiting Rioli.

And look if we take Melbourne’s offer we probably would offer slight overs and put up 23 for Noble since our draft hand would be very good, but again it’s not a needed deal for us.

In regards to the cryptic trade from a certain poster here. It screams to me Ed Allan moving back west. Not a beloved player, but most people here would be furious if he was traded for a pick upgrade. Makes more sense than IQ though because he could still go either way, but less sense because he’s a young player we’ve put 2 years development in to and would just be going back to square one in terms of our list profile, so who knows 🤷🏻
Did said poster message you with that information? They did say they would message someone about it.

That is an absolutely ludicrous offer from Melbourne. So stupid and fraught with danger that the Suns should take it.

Praying that the Suns have to dump Lukosius, and the Power need to move on Houston to fit Lukosius in.

Think our supporters need to give up on any idea of having pick 13 at the draft. If we get it, we’ll get Houston. The block in the way is that the Suns can get better value for the pick elsewhere.

I'm still keen on the Houston & related deals going through; but, also keen to know what else we may be up to besides sideways or backwards tyre kicks for Tomlinson or that St Kilda bloke.
Giddy up Wednesday...

2 Talls look like be Signed as De-Listed Free Agents

If we miss out on 13 and by extension Houston I feel there is every chance we wont be in the mood to hand over a contracted Noble for 23 only (unless we have something else secretly in the works) when Rioli is demanding 6. That forms the only leverage we've got in dealing with GC right now so why not make good on our claim.

I'd be asking for 23 and 29 as a starting point. We settle for 23 and 41 at a minimum. Stuff em!
Agree. If Suns break the multi club deal, we'll ask for more than pick 23. I do think Noble's worth 23 and 29, especially with Suns offerring 6+ for Rioli (stupid in my view).

Reported that we asked about Humphrey. If Suns break up the deal for Houston, signs are we'll target some of their players as well. We definitely would not want to lose Noble and Richards without bringing a player in.

I do think this is posturing and a 3/4 club deal will be worked out.

In regards to the cryptic trade from a certain poster here. It screams to me Ed Allan moving back west. Not a beloved player, but most people here would be furious if he was traded for a pick upgrade. Makes more sense than IQ though because he could still go either way, but less sense because he’s a young player we’ve put 2 years development in to and would just be going back to square one in terms of our list profile, so who knows 🤷🏻
You’re right, I’d be filthy if we did this.

Collingwood’s bid to secure Dan Houston is at risk of being gatecrashed by rival clubs trying to steal Gold Coast’s pick 13 from under their noses.
The Pies are aware their path to securing the dual All Australian is growing more difficult by the day given Gold Coast’s trade demands even before they try to broker a deal with the Power on Houston.

On Friday Collingwood list boss Justin Leppitsch vowed the club would not trade away its future for the present, saying the soaring value of the Suns pick 13 made a deal “complicated and messy”.

Gold Coast is being hit by a bevy of offers for pick 13 which mean the Pies offer of a future first-rounder and John Noble for that prized No.13 selection and the Suns’ selection 23 might not be enough.
Melbourne is offering up a future first-rounder and pick 28, Sydney would offer picks 19 and 22 and the Dogs would part with a future first rounder.

So even securing the first leg of that trade in a multi-club arrangement looks challenging.

If the Pies did secure that selection they would have another brawl with the Power on Houston’s value.

They aren’t prepared to offer more than pick 13 and Joe Richards despite the Power’s request for 13, 23 and Richards.

North Melbourne is waiting on the wings with Carlton not prepared to part with picks 12 and 14 and the Pies running into trade headwinds.

The Pies have some low-level interest in Brisbane’s Dev Robertson so if the deal falls over he could be a fall-back as midfield cover.

Leppitsch said a deal with Port Adelaide and the Suns involving Houston, Jack Lukosius and Magpies defender Noble was up to its 30th variation, as the Power demanded a higher price than the Pies were currently willing to pay.
We have to Decide over the Weekend are we all in on Houston or he is not worth the Big Price or not

And we’ve got Powell in our team along with Weller/Flanders. Noble is a good player yes, but he’s not a necessity when we are already recruiting Rioli.

And look if we take Melbourne’s offer we probably would offer slight overs and put up 23 for Noble since our draft hand would be very good, but again it’s not a needed deal for us.
Clubs dont go out and recruit contracted players from other clubs because they are "nice to have" or to provide depth off the bench. Noble has been targeted by the Suns to be a starting HBF

We’ve literally got Melbourne’s F1 (potentially a top 5 pick) + 28 for 13 on the table. Even if we don’t have Norths F1 that’s an incredible offer.

Look Noble is a decent player and I would want him, but that’s negligence by us if we don’t take that offer if yours is only 13 & 23 for Noble & F1.

We could get Melb F1 + 28 and then offer you 23 for Noble, and we still come out of that way better even if you don’t ask for 23.

And if you want to hold Noble sure that’s fine, but again, we have a potential top 5 pick plus a 2nd rounder on the table for just 13. We have to take that.

No one is valuing the Dees future first as a pick 5.

GC will do what's best for them overall. Lukosius is a salary dump for you guys. In a straight swap you lose all control on what you get for him. Bloody unlikely to get the future first that is being suggested without Port getting something pretty nice back along with Lukosius. A 3 way deal is the best bet for both you and Collingwood. Probably Port too.

It'll happen you'll get what you want - a very good deal for GC. Two future firsts Noble and Lukosius's salary off the books - probably some matching points too.

Last edited:
I still think we are Gold Coast's best option for 13. You literally have a good player saying hey I want to come play for you. He will make them better and as I've touched on before, they need to improve next year or there will be some nervous people at the Suns end of next season.

They've publicly stated they need a couple of running defenders.

I'm hopeful it still gets done.

I still think we are Gold Coast's best option for 13. You literally have a good player saying hey I want to come play for you. He will make them better and as I've touched on before, they need to improve next year or there will be some nervous people at the Suns end of next season.

They could lose Noble over it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we lost IQ AND Noble that would be disastrous, particularly if we also didn't get Houston.

Add to that the one promising young midfielder we've spent a couple of years developing..

Well, the thought of all or any part of that happening has definitely put on a dampener on my weekend 😵‍💫

If Houston falls through do we try for Bailey smith ? Still wouldn’t say no to him

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

If we lost IQ AND Noble that would be disastrous, particularly if we also didn't get Houston.

Add to that the one promising young midfielder we've spent a couple of years developing..

Well, the thought of all that happening has definitely put on a dampener on my weekend 😵‍💫

But on the bright side you can gawk over a couple of 17/18 year olds who may or may not turn into decent players by the time half our side has retired.

It’s all for a bit of drama. I’m still confident GC will give us what we want.

How is it possible to have that much confidence while supporting that team?

Probably because they hate us so much! Doing it may have screwed us over!

In reality, they are seen to be a genuine contender already next year with the list they have.

We become a big threat to that if we get Houston.

No one thinks Carlton is any real threat no matter what picks they get 🤪
I genuinely believe Carlton is out of the race because they have no cap space. They tried to shop a few around no takers.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back