List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the last thing he'd want to do is publicly nominate us after he said he wanted to go to Melbourne, then stay at Port, then get traded again. If it didn't happen it'd be a very bad look, in particular for CSM.
You can’t have your cake and eat it too.
You’re either in or you’re not.
Be a man and make a decision and stick to it.

We don’t owe him anything

In a world where we get 13 we should be able to get Houston
In a normal world yes.
But they want 23 as well which we aren’t willing to do.
Pick 13 and a later sweetener would pretty much get Smith over the line considering how weak Cats’ first pick is.
It’s a significant difference for the Dogs who also want that pick as it stands too anyway

I'm always humoured by the ridicule of other forums apparent ridiculous expectations and then see in here people suggesting that Noble is worth more than 23. If Noble played for another club we would laugh at the idea. Rioli is a much better player (I still wouldn't give 6 for him either).

If we can't get Houston with a F1, then 23 is pretty handy for Nobes. Similar to what Adelaide got for ANB - fair and thanks for the service. I am pretty meh about Devon Robertson.

Agree with what you say but GWs reputation of being a deal maker was purely based on him paying whatever was asked of him.

So he wasn’t the guru deal maker that his reputation based off his years of experience has led us to believe.
Anyone can just hand over whatever is being asked of them
Ned Guy did the same

GW doesn't tolerate fools hence he got rid of the bad contracts and the bad eggs. Much different to Ned Guy.

To me it's like buying a house. If your really want a family home for the next decade then who cares if you pay slight overs. You get the house you really wanted.

From a far it appears Port really want Joe Richards - so get the deal done. Not sure how genuine Gold Coast are about Noble?

Does Houston nominate us make things easier or more difficult?

Does it take others out of the picture and Port accept less? Or does it force the pies to give up more to get him?
Easier. Port will hold out for as long as they can if there are 2 clubs bidding. Once it's down to 1 then it's more straight forward.

GW doesn't tolerate fools hence he got rid of the bad contracts and the bad eggs. Much different to Ned Guy.

To me it's like buying a house. If your really want a family home for the next decade then who cares if you pay slight overs. You get the house you really wanted.

From a far it appears Port really want Joe Richards - so get the deal done. Not sure how genuine Gold Coast are about Noble?
I love the guy and what he helped do for us but what bad contracts did he get rid of?
They were already purged before he got here.

Your analogy makes sense when you’re buying one house—forever.

Not when you’re trying to buy a house every year whereby everyone knows once you turn up to auction, you’re there for the taking

I'm always humoured by the ridicule of other forums apparent ridiculous expectations and then see in here people suggesting that Noble is worth more than 23. If Noble played for another club we would laugh at the idea. Rioli is a much better player (I still wouldn't give 6 for him either).

If we can't get Houston with a F1, then 23 is pretty handy for Nobes. Similar to what Adelaide got for ANB - fair and thanks for the service. I am pretty meh about Devon Robertson.
Not interested in Robertson

In a normal world yes.
But they want 23 as well which we aren’t willing to do.
Pick 13 and a later sweetener would pretty much get Smith over the line considering how weak Cats’ first pick is.
It’s a significant difference for the Dogs who also want that pick as it stands too anyway
Ah I thought you meant pivot to smith becuase we can’t get 13
Personally I’m giving up 23, I’m not overly keen on Smith

Reported this afternoon that Freo have offered Richmond picks 10, 11 & 18 for Bolton and Baker

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Baker still gets to WC. It might even work in WC’s favour using a F1 because Richmond can spread things out without having to do multiple deals on that pick.

Ah I thought you meant pivot to smith becuase we can’t get 13
Personally I’m giving up 23, I’m not overly keen on Smith
The issue is we know that nobody has a better offer on hand than us except North

And it’s obvious he doesn’t wanna go there otherwise that deal would have been done on Monday morning 9am at the beginning of the period.

I love the guy and what he helped do for us but what bad contracts did he get rid of?
They were already purged before he got here.

Your analogy makes sense when you’re buying one house—forever.

Not when you’re trying to buy a house every year whereby everyone knows once you turn up to auction, you’re there for the taking

Grundy contract, Adams he got rid of.

He made people finally see sense that you don't need to overpay ruckman. In the end Cameron/Cox have easily outperformed Grundy,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reported this afternoon that Freo have offered Richmond picks 10, 11 & 18 for Bolton and Baker

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
mmmm....I heard this was not the case as they were looking to save it for a go at Warner. In fact, I would ask if they are interested in trading one of those for a future 1st. If Warner is out of contract next year, they will need a couple of 1st round picks.

Grundy contract, Adams he got rid of.

He made people finally see sense that you don't need to overpay ruckman. In the end Cameron/Cox have easily outperformed Grundy,
You’re right he did get rid of Grundy
Adams was an easy one as he wanted out and we didn’t wanna give him a new deal on the money he was on anyway.

But he overpays on 90% of the players he brings in
That’s his history.

He did nail the Lipinski and Bobby Hill ones though for value

We did overpay Dave but I reckon if we fail to land Houston this year because we want to draft a tad earlier then it would be all Leppa’s fault.
Poor Leppa. If he holds his nerve and we miss out, everyone will scream. If he gives in and offers more, everyone will scream. No win situation unless the other side blink.

Pies - F1 and Noble
Suns - Pick 13 and Pick 29

Pies - Pick 13, Pick 29, Richards
Port - Houston

Seriously just get it done the bloke is elite.

. Not sure how genuine Gold Coast are about Noble?
Not sure how genuine they are, period. They’re a pretend football club on life support, who are happy to throw away first rounders for clubs to take their players, happy to overpay for overrated half-backs from their coach’s former club, but then they chase a contracted player from the Pies and can’t find the picks to get it done.

Laughing stock.

There is a world in which a bid on Tommy McGuane doesn’t come until after our 2025 first. Keeping it and letting Houston go to North wouldn’t be the apocalypse. Not great for Johnny Noble to have been shafted by the GC but he’ll still get regular games for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back