List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I wouldn’t mind a Goey going no where post to stop posters on here from bringing it up.
No idea why people are even considering it a possibility at this point tbh. Even if he did request a trade now there’s just no way a deal would be worked out in such a short time period.

If it does then great but it shouldn’t be a deal breaker if not
To me, a big three way deal is our best chance of walking away with a draft hand.

As standalone deals, Noble and F1 isn't enough for 13 and 23. And 13 and Richards isn't enough for Houston. 36 will have to go in as well - possibly getting 39 back.

But due to the different valuations of Lukosius by Port and GC - GC need him gone, but Port can extend him and make him good value - if you put it all into the pot, there's deals where all three clubs win and we can walk away with a better pick than 39 or maybe even 2 picks.

Essentially I think the hold up is us trying to work out a deal that gets us a draft hand.

Otherwise this seems pretty straightforward:

Collingwood give: Noble, 36, F1
Collingwood get: 13 and 23

Collingwood give 13,23 and Richards
Collingwood get 39 Houston

Last edited:
No but it helps us though. Trading Lukosius out will be a high priority for GC.
You really are overestimating how much GC need Luko gone, Fonzy. Even after all the reports that GC are asking for a future first you’re still going to die on the “Luko is a salary dump” hill, huh?

we are still negotiating a complex three way trade. Nothing has changed. This was never going to get done in week one.

Relax and let it play out.

Stop reading twitter.
Leppa interview yesterday didn’t feel
Me with Confidence

You really are overestimating how much GC need Luko gone, Fonzy. Even after all the reports that GC are asking for a future first you’re still going to die on the “Luko is a salary dump” hill, huh?
They just don't need him and he's on good money. They've pretty much replaced him with Himmelberg. It's a disguised salary dump. Especially now that they signed Andrew for 35 years

If what I've heard is correct, we have a plan for pick 23, it involves getting a mid 1st rounder, everyone will be pissed, I know I am. Can't say anything more but that's why we want pick 23.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Soooo, future 1st and Noble and junk pick
For 13, mid round first (upgraded from 23 with a player)
On traded to Melbourne For Petracca? 😳

I’d do that

I reckon it's going to happen, Houston to Collingwood....This is just what happens, threat, counter threat, the media love it and use poetic license to create a sellable story....But a lot of water has now passed under the bridge and you are dealing with a players future, so, a compromise will be met and a deal will occur.
Agree, there is always posturing and delays in this type of trade when it involves more than two clubs.
I believe all players will get to their destination by Wednesday.

Time to turn the tables and force everyone’s hand or move on with our draft picks.

Currently we are up for losing Richard’s, Nobble, F1 and other picks whilst getting Houston and taking pick 23 to the draft.

Our hand is the weakest between GS, Port and us and we are trying to use Noble and Richard’s as part of the deal with Houston / Lucosious .

What’s wrong with this ?

Trade Nobble for pick 23 from the suns Non Negotiable we tell them.
Trade Richard’s to port for pick 39 . Both these seperate stand alone deals.

Once we have those completed we go to the Bombers who are up for trading pick 9 as they feel the Kako will get bid on and they will lose that pick 9 ( 1469 points )

We give to the Bomber our F1, Picks 36,39,52& 55 ( This years picks = 1401)

Bombers give us pick 9 and a F2 or F3.

We then offer port Pick 9 for Houston take it or leave it.

Depending on Port / Houston we either get Houston and take 23 to the draft or take 9/23 to the draft.

Whilst either way gaining more points for McGuanne with a bombers F2 or F3.

This allows the GS to trade pick 13 and get more supposed value.

Allows Port to still do the deal for Lucosious .

This forces Port to except pick 9 for Houston.

Leaves us in a far better position than our current position.

If we go to the draft with 9/23 and pick up Hayes from the saints and Tomlinson we create back up depth in 2 key areas that we currently lack in. Also we get Krueger off our books.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Time to turn the tables and force everyone’s hand or move on with our draft picks.

Currently we are up for losing Richard’s, Nobble, F1 and other picks whilst getting Houston and taking pick 23 to the draft.

Our hand is the weakest between GS, Port and us and we are trying to use Noble and Richard’s as part of the deal with Houston / Lucosious .

What’s wrong with this ?

Trade Nobble for pick 23 from the suns Non Negotiable we tell them.
Trade Richard’s to port for pick 39 . Both these seperate stand alone deals.

Once we have those completed we go to the Bombers who are up for trading pick 9 as they feel the Kako will get bid on and they will lose that pick 9 ( 1469 points )

We give to the Bomber our F1, Picks 36,39,52& 55 ( This years picks = 1401)

Bombers give us pick 9 and a F2 or F3.

We then offer port Pick 9 for Houston take it or leave it.

Depending on Port / Houston we either get Houston and take 23 to the draft or take 9/23 to the draft.

Whilst either way gaining more points for McGuanne with a bombers F2 or F3.

This allows the GS to trade pick 13 and get more supposed value.

Allows Port to still do the deal for Lucosious .

This forces Port to except pick 9 for Houston.

Leaves us in a far better position than our current position.

If we go to the draft with 9/23 and pick up Hayes from the saints and Tomlinson we create back up depth in 2 key areas that we currently lack in. Also we get Krueger off our books.
Not sure if mini Dodoro will be that generous to trade with us

Perryman has nothing to do with the arrangements here and shouldn’t be included in assessing the outcome of them?
Just highlighting our overall offseason ins and outs. You can ignore the last bit if you like, although if you told me that would be our offseason moves a few months ago I would be pretty stoked!

Trade radio as well. What a waste of your time listening to that shite.
I really avoid the 1st week of trade week these days, it's purely designed to keep the AFL in the news for longer.

Add to this the love of the media getting maximum clicks from Pies stories and it really does become unbearable.

Apart from checking for the odd update on here, I generally tune in from last couple of days where all the action takes place.

Yeah I am staying up on that hill - looking down. Keeping him would be terrible for GC. They'll be projecting him as their 4th choice forward behind King, Walter and Andrew. He's not a good defender and he's not likely to extend with them.

Despite his talent, for them, he's a 2 year role player on a massive contract, who is unlikely to be given the opportunity to shine and do anything other than drop in value. Keeping him will just be a massive waste of salary cap.

He's got value for Port because they can extend him, and don't have the forward talent of GC, but GC need him off the books.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back