List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Allan is a cracking talent. If you can't see this, watch and weep. FFS
I don’t think he was saying that he wasn’t at all. He was just saying perceptions change fast and many pundits had no clue about Allan until the last game of the season. As they might next year for example with Jiath and Demattia. As in fact they changed this year about Richards

It can change quickly. People on here though Allan wasn’t showing much and then he has a cracking game and suddenly he is our best young talent.

I think Jiath will be a cracker.

How about we give DiMattia an uninterrupted second season?
They're all still very speculative. Allan looks like he'll develop an inside game, but he was pretty bad when they were playing him on the wing in the VFL. Not sure if he has the game sense to develop the outside game you need to go with it

They're all still very speculative. Allan looks like he'll develop an inside game, but he was pretty bad when they were playing him on the wing in the VFL. Not sure if he has the game sense to develop the outside game you need to go with it
He's an inside midfielder. Not a wing

Just watch brother. Growth spurt held him back. Everyone in WA knows this bloke will be good.
I hope you're right because it's hard to make a judgement off one decent game that had no pressure. If he's to be an inside mid alone, he's going to have to get to elite level and he doesn't have the outside game just yet. I'd wait to see how he goes next year, then we'll get a clearer picture

I hope you're right because it's hard to make a judgement off one decent game that had no pressure. If he's to be an inside mid alone, he's going to have to get to elite level and he doesn't have the outside game just yet. I'd wait to see how he goes next year, then we'll get a clearer picture
Enjoy watching this kid. We are lucky to have him. Biggest fitness tank at the club.

Now it’s In-Houston-bul, not Konstanty-Noble..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

giphy.gif

I'd have him on the trade table. I'm a skeptic and think that Melbourne game will have bumped his price above his likelihood of making it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They just don't need him and he's on good money. They've pretty much replaced him with Himmelberg. It's a disguised salary dump. Especially now that they signed Andrew for 35 years
It’s a trade of convenience for them, not of necessity, and therefore not a salary dump, at least in the sense that they have no real incentive to move him on for a lower cost.

Maybe but our future first is worth considerably more than #29.
Agreed. My post was that Gold Coast only need to offer a suitable draft pick for Noble. They don’t have to entertain their 13 for our F1.
Either 23 or 29 for noble is fair.

If I was them, I’d trade 13 to Melbourne for their F1 & 28. That’s much better for GC……not us.

Yeah I am staying up on that hill - looking down. Keeping him would be terrible for GC. They'll be projecting him as their 4th choice forward behind King, Walter and Andrew. He's not a good defender and he's not likely to extend with them.

Despite his talent, for them, he's a 2 year role player on a massive contract, who is unlikely to be given the opportunity to shine and do anything other than drop in value. Keeping him will just be a massive waste of salary cap.

He's got value for Port because they can extend him, and don't have the forward talent of GC, but GC need him off the books.
Keeping him would be an inconvenience, not terrible. At the end of the day they can afford his salary as it’s still short term and won’t bust their cap.
It’s a good time for them to sell as he has value still and yes, his salary off the books is also helpful, if not an absolute necessity.
You can keep calling it a salary dump if it makes you feel better but at the end of the day you were basically saying a week ago that GC were going to give him away for a packet of chips as a proper salary dump, and you were clearly wrong about it. So I guess you can stay and die on your hill if you want, but it won’t stop you being wr-wr-wrong about it.

Agreed. My post was that Gold Coast only need to offer a suitable draft pick for Noble. They don’t have to entertain their 13 for our F1.

If I was them, I’d trade 13 to Melbourne for their F1 & 28. That’s much better for GC……not us.
Being a contracted player and someone they are chasing we are using that to our advantage - we want pick 13 to replace the player they are taking off us. We are offering them our future 1st to compensate them for this, but 13 is the centrepiece of the trade.
23 0r 29 might be right if we were shopping him around but we are not

If they’re chasing a contracted player and the club he’s being traded from stipulates that a certain pick needs to be a part of the deal, then yeah they do have to entertain that if they actually want their targeted player.

Pulling the rug out and trading a pick a club wants during negotiations would be incredibly poor form and discourage other clubs from dealing with GC in good faith in the future.

If trading 13 for a better deal was a genuine consideration for GC they’d have already done it by this point, but here they are still negotiating with the pies.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back