List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh just **** off North.
Honestly I wouldn’t be doing that deal I was Essendon. Gut feel is that Norf are in a similar position to what the Hawks were 12 months ago. Bits and pieces of their game are coming together and it hasn’t clicked yet, but could easily in 2025 and shoot them up the ladder. Maybe not to the same extent as the Hawks this year, but you’d be dirty as an Essendon supporter if your club gave away pick 9 in a really strong draft for a pick that could be around the same mark in 2025 when Melbourne are offering a future first that could end up being similar plus a second rounder for pick 13.

Hell if I was the Essendon list manager I’d be getting on the phone to Melbourne tbh.

9a5b5c8060c43593a0ae32b04a095f4b.jpg

3627f78ebc435c5149b9c5319197ef0f.jpg

36bc8b96f7a9dad5cc7a6e185e39c4ec.jpg

03f931f1bf5139e14a4f96a38b1751c5.jpg

28da9ae387dc14f1c2088d61b53cd9cf.jpg

59a191e58a529134deae6306cc3fcb6f.jpg

c95fa008c69b90bc170b2dcd4cfecad0.jpg

102fae77ce51893a743f634f76a29df1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Whose article is that Jen?

I think he’s probably one of those players who clubs aren’t interested in trading for but will probably find a home as a DFA if he gets delisted.
I don't really get why teams would be willing to commit as dfa but not offer a junk pick now - unless they have no picks they consider junk.

Honestly I wouldn’t be doing that deal I was Essendon. Gut feel is that Norf are in a similar position to what the Hawks were 12 months ago. Bits and pieces of their game are coming together and it hasn’t clicked yet, but could easily in 2025 and shoot them up the ladder. Maybe not to the same extent as the Hawks this year, but you’d be dirty as an Essendon supporter if your club gave away pick 9 in a really strong draft for a pick that could be around the same mark in 2025 when Melbourne are offering a future first that could end up being similar plus a second rounder for pick 13.

Hell if I was the Essendon list manager I’d be getting on the phone to Melbourne tbh.
Other clubs making it so much more difficult to satisfy Port by example offering pick 9. Why would they want to deal with us when they know they could get something better.

Cannot wait until this whole thing is over.

Let's assume you are right. Why would Port want a player that was 'deer in the headlights' and has 'hand and calf issues and just average VFL form'?

Just because we don't want someone, doesn't mean they'd have greater value with someone else just because they are from their state.

For the same reason that we’ve contracted him until 2026. Because we saw something in him prior to the injury issues. He’s an SA kid who could play a role in the area of the ground that Houston vacates. I never said it would be a straight swap but he could be used to balance out a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Other clubs making it so much more difficult to satisfy Port by example offering pick 9. Why would they want to deal with us when they know they could get something better.

Cannot wait until this whole thing is over.
As soon as this is done and life gets back to normal and I've got a bit of time, I think I'll bake the Xmas cake 🎄

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Commentators often use the term laconic but I think he’s more lazy than laconic.
Its a shame because I think if he had a fire in his belly to maximise his talent, he could make it.
Laconic is a word that is misused.

"We’ll keep it brief. Laconia was an ancient country in southern Greece. Its capital city was Sparta, and the Spartans were famous for their terseness of speech. Laconic comes to us by way of Latin from Greek Lakōnikos, meaning “native of Laconia.” In current use, laconic means “terse” or “concise to the point of seeming rude or mysterious,” and thus recalls the Spartans’ taciturnity."

AJ is a player who seems not to be trying, whether he is or not.
I think his confidence is probably shot.

They would 100% trade pick 9 for Norths F1 especially as that pick 9 will be eaten by an academy bid and Norths F1 could be a top 3 pick
After the players are picked, the number doesn't matter anymore. Next year's number 3 might not be as good as this year's number 9. Unless you know the top 10 prospects of this year's and nexts it's just shittalking about numbers.

I don't really get why teams would be willing to commit as dfa but not offer a junk pick now - unless they have no picks they consider junk.
Word is that a lot of clubs are waiting until the end of the trade period to work out if they’ll offer their uncontracted fringe types a new deal or go to the draft.
It’s all really strange and everyone seems to be holding their cards close to their chest in regards to list spots and delistings at the moment.

They would 100% trade pick 9 for Norths F1 especially as that pick 9 will be eaten by an academy bid and Norths F1 could be a top 3 pick
Norths F1 could also easily be pick 8-10 in a supposedly much weaker draft. I wouldn’t be doing that deal if I was Essendon. I think Melbournes offer for pick 13 to GC is a better deal tbh.

Laconic is a word that is misused.

"We’ll keep it brief. Laconia was an ancient country in southern Greece. Its capital city was Sparta, and the Spartans were famous for their terseness of speech. Laconic comes to us by way of Latin from Greek Lakōnikos, meaning “native of Laconia.” In current use, laconic means “terse” or “concise to the point of seeming rude or mysterious,” and thus recalls the Spartans’ taciturnity."

AJ is a player who seems not to be trying, whether he is or not.
I think his confidence is probably shot.
Players look lazy when they process situations slowly. To me he's someone who has a good first attempt, but takes too long to switch on to what he needs to do next when that first attempt doesn't work.

Players look lazy when they process situations slowly. To me he's someone who has a good first attempt, but takes too long to switch on to what he needs to do next when that first attempt doesn't work.
None of which is laconic

For the same reason that we’ve contracted him until 2026. Because we saw something in him prior to the injury issues. He’s an SA kid who could play a role in the area of the ground that Houston vacates. I never said it would be a straight swap but he could be used to balance out a trade.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I wouldn’t be blaming injuries for his performances. He was beyond disappointing prior to any injury.

To me, it looks like he just doesn’t want to be there. He isn’t enjoying his footy, but seems to hang around because the money is just too good.

If he was to tell the club he wants to quit, I doubt the club will attempt to talk him out of it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back