List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

This legitimately sounds like the media have moved on from cheerleading for Carlton to get him to cheerleading for North

Because once again, I don't see how 9 is that much more attractive than 13 in what is reported to be a very good and very deep draft in a situation where we also have a young player Port wants, combined with the fact that I very much doubt Houston wants to spend the final third of his career at North

Where going to Collingwood he knows he can find almost immediate success for a big and well resourced club

I take this as Carlton being officially out so the media needs another club to cling to for hope

The media spent the first few days of this saga basically ruling out North because it's North. Now suddenly they're a viable option? Yeah ok, sure.
Yeah because if they declared Collingwood too early they would have a very boring rest of the trade period that’s for sure.

Yeah because if they declared Collingwood too early they would have a very boring rest of the trade period that’s for sure.

Seriously though, for the whole of the first few days of all this period, North was constantly considered waaaaaaay distant third despite already having the best offer for Port

So what's changed? If they were distant third before, they're now close to front runner because they can offer a slightly better pick?

Yeah nah...this reeks of media shenanigans to me

just thinking that if WC get any indication that he might pull a Horne-Francis and make it known he wants to get back home then better to trade him out with a year to go than wait. He trained and played a game at the Bombers VFL and if anyone would try to get him I believe they're front of the pack.
Yup.
But not about whether he wants to come home.
The price would be far too prohibitive for 1 player.

It’s like anyone trading for Nick.
So as much as every team wants Harley….not happening anytime soon.

we are still negotiating a complex three way trade. Nothing has changed. This was never going to get done in week one.

Relax and let it play out.

Stop reading twitter.

The big deals get done on the final day. The same thing happens every year. No need to panic, Housto will be a pie in 25.

This

The club needs to decide if an almost guaranteed Premiership is worth giving up most of our 2024 Draft hand.

If you're asking me, it's totally worth it.
I think it's basically done and just a bit of quibbling about the final pick we end up with, with any of 39, 36, and 29 being possible. 23 is a pipedream.

Seriously though, for the whole of the first few days of all this period, North was constantly considered waaaaaaay distant third despite already having the best offer for Port

So what's changed? If they were distant third before, they're now close to front runner because they can offer a slightly better pick?

There can never be a feel good story about us during trade week. We’re either having a fire sale or ruining our furniture by recruiting a 26yo and 27yo evidently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon we might panic and throw in 23 after all this? Unlike Leppa… but we’re either all in or not. We must get this guy in.
The last good player taken with pick 23 in a draft was Cam Guthrie in 2010 and even he was a slow burn not really becoming good until his mid to late 20's.
2009 - 2021 has been a disaster for that pick
Matt Crouch a seriously flawed but solid enough player can be the other one considered good in that time but I personally dont rate him and would happily hand him over for Houston

Big statement

More than happy to make it

Since I doubt anyone here would believe I called the 2023 Flag in October 2022 irl, I might as well make the call on the 2025 Flag nice and early.

The second we got Tom Mitchell, I called the 2023 Flag and spent an hour on the phone with one of my mates who comes to the footy with us and we gushed non-stop over Mitchell's recruitment being the missing piece of the puzzle for 2023.

While Houston technically doesn't solve a "problem" per se like Mitchell did with the midfield, what Houston does do for us (of course in combination with a better injury run and better form from key players) is actually transform our transitional movement and allows us to pull so many more levers positionally and tactically.

The number of positional dominoes Houston allows for are mouth watering

We can basically return to being the corridor attacking defensive half team we were in 2022, except with a midfield that wins clearances and a forward line with genuine targets.

It's absolutely pant tightening to think about

Jon Hamm Yes GIF

Whatever you say Tom

The way I always read it was that North's strong offer was being ignored because Houston wants to come to a big Melbourne club and would rather stay at Port another year than go to North. If that hasn't changed then their revised offer is redundant.

The way I always read it was that North's strong offer was being ignored because Houston wants to come to a big Melbourne club and would rather stay at Port another year than go to North. If that hasn't changed then their revised offer is redundant.
Poor Norf . Get a better pick and still the ugly, red headed mate

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back