List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The trade narrative is media clickbait and our speculation. What never gets mentioned other than ‘he wants a fair deal for Port’ is what Houston wants!

Clearly he has a choice of contract offers and where he fits into a team. For all we know we could be offering midfield role.

The assumption with trade picks is all offers are equal. Sure Port can control their trade desires but Houston is the ultimate decision maker. It’s his job transfer and paycheck.

It doesn’t suit the media shock jocks to even care about Houston’s decision.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Harley is a non event until FA.
Would legit wipe any club out for 2-3 years, such would be the cost.

With Tas coming in. Clubs will be conservative.
just thinking that if WC get any indication that he might pull a Horne-Francis and make it known he wants to get back home then better to trade him out with a year to go than wait. He trained and played a game at the Bombers VFL and if anyone would try to get him I believe they're front of the pack.

I was there too, watching my daughter finish the marathon. Huge crowd but lots of fun for us spectators- not so much for her. She’s in the bath now, with some sort of muscle relaxing oil ha ha!

Congrats to your daughter. An amazing effort. I was doing the same, watching one of my boys. He is in the spa at the moment and has been for a while. A great atmosphere in there.

I'm still finding this whole thing strange in terms of them not being able to come to a deal. A part of me still feels like this is all theatre.

Surely it's a pretty straight forward 3 way trade?

Collingwood wind up with Houston and 23
Gold Coast wind up with Noble, Collingwood's F1 and and Port's F2 and 36
Port wind up with Richards, Lukosius, 13 and 29?

Again, I know it's not perfect or 100% fair on all, but it feels the closest to it to me?

DAN HOUSTON​

It's gotten complicated. Houston's options have narrowed down to either going to Collingwood or North Melbourne, or staying at Port Adelaide, where he is contracted for another four years. Ultimately Port will make the call dependent on if an offer comes through with strong enough draft outcomes in this year's pool to let the dual All-Australian go. Collingwood needs Gold Coast's pick 13 to have any hope of landing Houston but doesn't want to trade any other draft capital, as well as Joe Richards, to Port as part of the deal. The Pies have a six-year offer on the table for him. North also has a five-year deal for Houston and remains very keen. If the Roos can turn their future first-round pick into an early draft choice this year, which they have been working on for some time, they will get in the lead for the half-back. The Magpies are keen to tie Houston into the Richards move to Port, the John Noble trade to Gold Coast and the Jack Lukosius shift to the Power, but the clubs are also open to doing each deal independently of the other.

JOE RICHARDS​

Richards has been caught up in the strands of the three-club, four-player trade talks involving Collingwood, Port Adelaide and Gold Coast that was described as "messy" by Pies list boss Justin Leppitsch last week. The small forward has requested a trade to the Power, where he's set to take up a three-year deal, but little movement has been made just yet given the complicated nature of the discussions. Collingwood has been hopeful of trading pick No.13 and Richards in exchange for Dan Houston, but first needs to secure that selection from Gold Coast. This one could go down to the wire.

JOHN NOBLE​

Noble is central to the starting point in talks between Collingwood and Gold Coast that could also unlock moves for Dan Houston, Jack Lukosius and Joe Richards. The Pies have been attempting to land pick No.13 and a second-round selection from the Suns in return for Noble and a future first-round pick. They also raised Bailey Humphrey as part of the discussions, but that was emphatically shot down by the Suns. With Gold Coast now a chance to deal elsewhere on its wanted No.13 selection, Noble – who is contracted at Collingwood through until 2026 – could be left somewhat in the balance. Gold Coast also has picks No.23, 29, 41, 50 and 78 to deal with if a trade for Noble is forced to be completed separate to a deal for the No.13 pick.

JACK HAYES​

Hayes has undergone a medical at Collingwood, with the club looking for cut-price options to bolster its key position stocks. After an injury-interrupted three years at St Kilda, where he's been limited to just eight games due to significant foot, hamstring and knee issues, Hayes is keen on a fresh start and could arrive at the Pies as a delisted free agent or in exchange for a later pick. Collingwood is also monitoring Melbourne defender Adam Tomlinson within the same bracket of players.

Going by trade, rumoured offers and list spots open, 10-15 seem more likely than normal. As do the 20+ picks
If we get a pick around 13 and don't get Houston, Shanahan would be well worth the risk. There's a few potential talls in the 20 to 30 range also. Don't forget the lack of quality in next year's draft is also having an effect on clubs wanting to get into this one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I say the Trade is down to Dan Houston himself

IF he wants to be traded and lets people know he wants it the I think it gets done

But

IF not Commentment 100% Houston then he stays at Port

The trade narrative is media clickbait and our speculation. What never gets mentioned other than ‘he wants a fair deal for Port’ is what Houston wants!

Clearly he has a choice of contract offers and where he fits into a team. For all we know we could be offering midfield role.

The assumption with trade picks is all offers are equal. Sure Port can control their trade desires but Houston is the ultimate decision maker. It’s his job transfer and paycheck.

It doesn’t suit the media shock jocks to even care about Houston’s decision.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
If He wants a Fair Deal then North has a Real Good Chance

PICK 13​

The most prized asset in the trade period still doesn't have a home. The longer Gold Coast has waited to trade this pick, the higher the bidding has been. But the auction is close to wrapping up. Collingwood want it – no, they need it – if they are any chance of getting Dan Houston. But the Pies don't want to sell all their picks to grab it and have been keen for the selection to be combined with the Suns' pick 23 for John Noble and Collingwood's future first-rounder. The Suns don't want to include pick 23 in the deal. Carlton is now out of the race for 13 given its Hawthorn deal, but Melbourne has upped the ante, with a future first-round pick and pick 28 on the table for it. It's a strong option for the Suns. The Western Bulldogs also have their future first-round pick there while Sydney is keen to package up the board using picks 19 and 22. It looks a race in two between the Pies and Demons, who have thrown big pick offers at a number of clubs in the hope to land another first-rounder in 2024. Gold Coast's call will be trade period-shaping given the impact on Houston.

DAN HOUSTON​

It's gotten complicated. Houston's options have narrowed down to either going to Collingwood or North Melbourne, or staying at Port Adelaide, where he is contracted for another four years. Ultimately Port will make the call dependent on if an offer comes through with strong enough draft outcomes in this year's pool to let the dual All-Australian go. Collingwood needs Gold Coast's pick 13 to have any hope of landing Houston but doesn't want to trade any other draft capital, as well as Joe Richards, to Port as part of the deal. The Pies have a six-year offer on the table for him. North also has a five-year deal for Houston and remains very keen. If the Roos can turn their future first-round pick into an early draft choice this year, which they have been working on for some time, they will get in the lead for the half-back. The Magpies are keen to tie Houston into the Richards move to Port, the John Noble trade to Gold Coast and the Jack Lukosius shift to the Power, but the clubs are also open to doing each deal independently of the other.

JOE RICHARDS​

Richards has been caught up in the strands of the three-club, four-player trade talks involving Collingwood, Port Adelaide and Gold Coast that was described as "messy" by Pies list boss Justin Leppitsch last week. The small forward has requested a trade to the Power, where he's set to take up a three-year deal, but little movement has been made just yet given the complicated nature of the discussions. Collingwood has been hopeful of trading pick No.13 and Richards in exchange for Dan Houston, but first needs to secure that selection from Gold Coast. This one could go down to the wire.

JOHN NOBLE​

Noble is central to the starting point in talks between Collingwood and Gold Coast that could also unlock moves for Dan Houston, Jack Lukosius and Joe Richards. The Pies have been attempting to land pick No.13 and a second-round selection from the Suns in return for Noble and a future first-round pick. They also raised Bailey Humphrey as part of the discussions, but that was emphatically shot down by the Suns. With Gold Coast now a chance to deal elsewhere on its wanted No.13 selection, Noble – who is contracted at Collingwood through until 2026 – could be left somewhat in the balance. Gold Coast also has picks No.23, 29, 41, 50 and 78 to deal with if a trade for Noble is forced to be completed separate to a deal for the No.13 pick.

JACK HAYES​

Hayes has undergone a medical at Collingwood, with the club looking for cut-price options to bolster its key position stocks. After an injury-interrupted three years at St Kilda, where he's been limited to just eight games due to significant foot, hamstring and knee issues, Hayes is keen on a fresh start and could arrive at the Pies as a delisted free agent or in exchange for a later pick. Collingwood is also monitoring Melbourne defender Adam Tomlinson within the same bracket of players.

This legitimately sounds like the media have moved on from cheerleading for Carlton to get him to cheerleading for North

Because once again, I don't see how 9 is that much more attractive than 13 in what is reported to be a very good and very deep draft in a situation where we also have a young player Port wants, combined with the fact that I very much doubt Houston wants to spend the final third of his career at North

Where going to Collingwood he knows he can find almost immediate success for a big and well resourced club

I take this as Carlton being officially out so the media needs another club to cling to for hope

The media spent the first few days of this saga basically ruling out North because it's North. Now suddenly they're a viable option? Yeah ok, sure.

I say the Trade is down to Dan Houston himself

IF he wants to be traded and lets people know he wants it the I think it gets done

But

IF not Commentment 100% Houston then he stays at Port
Yeah he’d definitely be having conversations behind the scenes. It was reported Friday his preference was Collingwood and he wants to get back to Melbourne this year so surely it happens. Sending him to North after it appeared a certainty he’d land with us would have the AFLPA on our case for cruelty

PICK 13​

The most prized asset in the trade period still doesn't have a home. The longer Gold Coast has waited to trade this pick, the higher the bidding has been. But the auction is close to wrapping up. Collingwood want it – no, they need it – if they are any chance of getting Dan Houston. But the Pies don't want to sell all their picks to grab it and have been keen for the selection to be combined with the Suns' pick 23 for John Noble and Collingwood's future first-rounder. The Suns don't want to include pick 23 in the deal. Carlton is now out of the race for 13 given its Hawthorn deal, but Melbourne has upped the ante, with a future first-round pick and pick 28 on the table for it. It's a strong option for the Suns. The Western Bulldogs also have their future first-round pick there while Sydney is keen to package up the board using picks 19 and 22. It looks a race in two between the Pies and Demons, who have thrown big pick offers at a number of clubs in the hope to land another first-rounder in 2024. Gold Coast's call will be trade period-shaping given the impact on Houston.
Why aren’t North outright favs to land Houston? They should be considering we might not even get 13 at this point. Watch GC send it to the Dees…

He's Pies bound. We just have to give up on 23 and try to turn 36 into 29 or worst case 39.

This

The club needs to decide if an almost guaranteed Premiership is worth giving up most of our 2024 Draft hand.

If you're asking me, it's totally worth it.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back