List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Yea, I guess what I'm saying is that it would hardly be looking after our "future" if we miss out on Houston because we're determined to play hardball on taking our first pick at 23 instead of 36 or later.

We've already "mortgaged" our future after trading away our first rounder this year for Schultz. We're not "saving" our future by refusing to pay for Houston. We don't have a draft hand already so there's nothing really that we can give up this year for Houston that changes our future.
Wright is gone. Let the Schultz trade go.

Could come cheap, is young, would be an upgrade on Bytel, Sullivan, Long - has been on the fringe at the Lions and with the Ashcroft brothers and co. is making the right decision.
From the lions website

"In and out of the side early in 2023, Deven Roberston took his chance in the middle of the season with both hands lining up for 13 home and away games and all three finals, including the Grand Final. A hard-running midfielder, Robertson was the Lions first pick in the 2019 NAB AFL Draft with selection 22. The 22-year-old re-committed to the Club for two years to remain at the Lions until the end of 2025 season. A consistent performer at AFL level, Robertson will be looking to cement his spot in the side in 2024."

Straight swap for Fin Macrae?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

We really have to keep going with the mentality that we are prepared to play next year without Dan.

Should GC decide to trade pick 13 to someone else and we can't land a Noble replacement with Houston we will no doubt play hard ball on letting Noble go. If GC aren't able to assist us in replacing Noble then they will understand getting Noble out of Collingwood will be difficult.

We really have to keep going with the mentality that we are prepared to play next year without Dan.

Should GC decide to trade pick 13 to someone else and we can't land a Noble replacement with Houston we will no doubt play hard ball on letting Noble go. If GC aren't able to assist us in replacing Noble then they will understand getting Noble out of Collingwood will be difficult.
They'll look pretty stupid if they don't trade for Johnny now after chasing him for 2 years.
13 for F1 and JFN would be giving him away for nothing - stump up with 23 as well!

Leppa needs to cover himself with glory by getting this deal done, even at the expense of anything above P13 (if we get it) and Richards. Houston is an absolute jet and capable of propelling us back Into the top 4.

No one is going to remember pick 29 if we end up with another flag, nor what we paid for Scultz.

Get it done Leppa. This is not the time for posturing..

Ours to lose, so make it happen. I believe we will get him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve been pretty positive on us getting Houston for most of this period but I have to admit if there’s no movement on it whatsoever by the end of today I’ll have some concerns over getting it done

Mostly because it seems pretty straightforward so I’m not sure what the hold up would be

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Leppa needs to cover himself with glory by getting this deal done, even at the expense of anything above P13 (if we get it) and Richards. Houston is an absolute jet and capable of propelling us back
Into the top 4.

No one is going to remember pick 29 if we end up with another flag, nor what we paid for Scultz.

Get it done Leppa. This is not the time for posturing..

Ours to lose, so make it happen. I believe we will get him!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fly has publicly stated he wants to bring players in, not draft picks, so let's hope Fly had a conversation with Leppa over the weekend and we finalize the Houston deal.

I’ve been pretty positive on us getting Houston for most of this period but I have to admit if there’s no movement on it whatsoever by the end of today I’ll have some concerns over getting it done

Mostly because it seems pretty straightforward so I’m not sure what the hold up would be
I’m OK to keep Joey, get the deal done for Noble. Can’t see Joey walking to the draft with unknown outcomes when he knows he’s wanted at Collingwood, I’m sure we will make it worth him staying.

Fly has publicly stated he wants to bring players in, not draft picks, so let's hope Fly had a conversation with Leppa over the weekend and we finalize the Houston deal.
“Listen here you big red headed bastard, either close the Houston deal ASAP or I’ll have you back at Richmond moving the magnets for the wooden spooners in a flash”

The hold up appears to be the pick 23 GC don’t want to stump it up. Won’t be a good look for Gold Coast if the first player in a while that actually wants to play there and Gold Coast play hardball. Still confident it gets done

Doubt we would get a 2nd for Fin

Dunno just throwing it out there

I could see someone like Richmond (who need some youth in the middle) willing to offer up a future 2nd for him. Hell, given Richmond will be winning the spoon next year, even their Future 3rd isn't too bad

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back