List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Noble wont get any better. He'll be 28 next season and his value has never been higher than now.
We may as well keep building and give an opportunity to Ryan, Parker, Reef etc off half back.

He hasn't been playing bad footy. I would still have Noble in our side should we keep him...

Reports: Suns to decide on Port/Pies deal today, but enticed by North offer for 13. Seems like deal is close, but Suns looking to extract that last bit of extra value. We'll see.
It's all for show mate. Deal is done.
Trade Radio milking it now.
GC said they want JFN.

Anyone who thinks that Wright is going to come in on his first day as Brian Cooks assistant, and immediately interfere in the footy department strategy (which even the actual CEO shouldn’t be doing), needs to get their head checked.
Media is using Wright starting today as bait and they’re hooking people left right and centre it seems.

He won't interfere but if they wanted Houston and he wanted them, I'd be shocked if they didn't ask him if he had an opinion on how to get it done.

The longer both GCS and Port don't do any trades the more I suspect it's already done though.

Abort mission Leppa and move onto other deals like improving our draft hand, and look into maybe getting in a Deven Robertson....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe another option for us in a worse case scenario if we can't get Houston
1. trade our F1 for a current first worst case also trade f2
2. Get 2 future 2nds for noble and Richards maybe some extras for example sun's current 36.
That way we have no headaches in getting Mcguane if we're holding 2 or 3 second rounders next year

North aren't gonna be crap forever you'd think, and North need established players

Just the fact that they haven't even considered their offer yet makes this even more confusing
Agreed, I have no idea how we are an option. I am sure Suns are desperate for Noble but 23 is probably about right, yes our future 1st is also on the table but why would they give up pick 13 for our future 1st over Norths.

Reports: Suns to decide on Port/Pies deal today, but enticed by North offer for 13. Seems like deal is close, but Suns looking to extract that last bit of extra value. We'll see.
Hoping get more Picks off us

Why?

Next year we need McGuane

This year what would be do with a Top 20/30 pick?

Why are people assuming we'd do anything reasonable with a Top 20 pick this year? Again, Hine's recent (as in the last decade) with first round picks that aren't Father/Sons or Next Gen Academy players is not very good. At all.

If we don't get Houston then keep Noble and try and keep Richards

But I reckon we'd be silly not to go all out for Houston given what will be transpiring in next year's trade and draft period
That is in the event we miss out on Houston. We bring in more young talent this year to develop as it is possible we will have few retirements at the end of next season. Leppas comments seem to echo a similar sentiment.

We can always worry about mcguane in next year's trade period when we will have a better idea of his value.
Our priority of course should be to get the Houston deal done.

So blink first and lose all credibility?

Why would we lose credibility?
We weren't even in the Houston conversation a week and a half go, then we were able to spark the interest of Houston, Port and the Suns to possibly get him.
It was a good enough effort to just be in the conversation, unfortunately we just won't be able to compete with other offers to get it over the line...
It's obviously not over, but l would say we have gone from pole position to maybe 3rd in the pack

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back