List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m upset as well, why have we got to include 36? Future 1st, Noble and Richards is enough isn’t it?
I think noble and Richards are adequate players, our future first may be swallowed up with mcguane and 36 is a punt.

Houston is the absolute real deal, and really suits us well. Only bigger need for us may have been a KPD, but we may get Tomlinson as depth. We will see how we look after the end of preseason, but Houston (as long as deal doesnt collapse) and Perryman a superb start

To be fair, in this deal Port did the least good out of it

The tipping point probably being giving up their Future first? Not actually sure why they had to give that up

In the end, they were losing the best player being traded in this period. They were most likely never going to be happy with whatever deal was worked out

But I think giving up a Future 2nd to Gold Coast instead of first would have left them far less frustrated
From Twomey's reporting it seems that Port still haven't fully accepted it. Must be mulling it overnight.

Exactly why we didn't take Teakle.
Smit is a kid, but he appears to have a very high ceiling.
If he and Steene come on as we hope, our ruck division is set for the next decade at least.
If we can bring in Condon and draft a KPD, our spine is set for next 10 years
How beautiful would it be to build around that?!

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks we're being bent over for Houston.

He's not a Petracca or Cripps or Jeremy Cameron, he won't be the defining factor in us going up the ladder.

Giving up Noble, Richards, a future 1st rounder and pick 36 for Houston and Pick 50-****ing-8.

Hine has done it again, we have not seen enough return on this trade and have 3 draft selections in the 50s

On SM-A146P using BigFooty.com mobile app

Houston is arguably the best kick in the comp. Perhaps Naicos might be, now, we have both.

Cripps can't kick and Trac is inconsistent as well.

DeGoey is our Trac or Cripps. We just need him fit.

I think I read one critic on this thread mention that Houston is 28, implying we shouldn’t pay so much for a player that old.

Noble is 27.

As with Richards/Perryman being roughly the same age.

We aren’t worsening our list from a demographics perspective.
Houston is younger than Noble.

I’m upset as well, why have we got to include 36? Future 1st, Noble and Richards is enough isn’t it?
Stealing this from someone else.
We have 2 dual AA players on our list, (Pendles excluded) Nick Daicos and Darcy Moore.
Would you be satisfied if we traded either of those players for Noble, Richards and pick 13?

Stealing this from someone else.
We have 2 dual AA players on our list, (Pendles excluded) Nick Daicos and Darcy Moore.
Would you be satisfied if we traded either of those players for Noble, Richards and pick 13?
Even one of our single AA players, like Daicos or Maynard, would be gutting for that package

Port are not happy with the deal!

As I predicated, this being left to hang overnight will not bode well.

Why you say that?

I thought the hold up was Atkins Negotiations

Also been More Reported IF True

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all get that Houston will help our ball movement with his disposal. I think what's being understated is the impact he'll have defensively. He's a big upgrade on Noble as a defender and even more so as an interceptor. He, IQ, Maynard and Howe would be the best medium defence in the comp.

It's possible we'll want to add a dasher back there as well (Crisp?), or use IQ more in that role with Noble gone.

As a plus he, along with Perryman, also offers strong bodied cover in the midfield, something we lacked this year.

I think you have to try to break this trade down to what happened between the two clubs we were dealing with

So we gave up our F1st and Noble to GC for pick 13 and 29 - seems fair

Then we traded 13 /29/36 /Joe Richards for Houston and pick 58 also not that bad considering what they wanted.

looking at the 2 trades in isolation there is not a whole lot we can complain about - we were dealing with 2 clubs and it's like going through foreign exchange - we lost a bit somewhere in the conversion.

Not when kicking out from a behind
Houston will be the best option for kick outs only behind Naicos, our transition from forward to back will improve 10-15% with him taking it over
We're not interested in getting fancy from kick ins except in comeback mode. Even Nick just took territory to a contest in the wing more often than not.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back