List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

The last time we brought in a player of this quality was Buckley

I'm not suggesting Houston is as good as Buckley, but he's the closest we've come to bringing in someone of that stature if it makes sense
Yep, fully agree.

Value-wise, Howe and Crisp have been our best two traded-in players over the past decade but talent- and impact-wise, Houston is a cut above both of them.

I'm salivating at the thought of Houston hitting-up the likes of Daicos brothers, DeGoey, Hill, Elliott, Schultz, McStay and Checkers. Plus sneaking forward to kick some of his trademark long-bomb goals.

I'm sure we've offered something

I doubt we just take over the 4 years remaining

Maybe we add two onto it at a higher rate?

But maybe don't' listen to the media too much. Apparently Carlton and North are still in the hunt
It'd be a completely fresh deal. His Port contract is gone.

Without a perfect confluence of circumstances this deal would never have happened. We got a 2x AA player for below value with very little to trade. Turning:
  • Noble - determined player, but fringe 22
  • Richards - has potential, but we have enough small forwards
  • F1 - with McGuane on the way we probably have to trade this. Best use we've made of this situation
  • Pick 36
Into Houston, who has been AA the last two years, is quite a bit less than I'd have expected. His value is at its peak and he didn't nominate us. I was thinking we'd see a bidding war and inflated value due to recent accolades.

Us having little to trade and having players Suns and Port wanted Is what saved us. If we had pick 10 (or pick 6 like Tigers), we'd have had to give that up plus an F1. So we can partially thank the Schultz deal for getting Houston at a reasonable price.

Not sure we have enough list spots for all of them do we?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Can still delist several players

Reef (hopefully retained), Dean, Kreuger out of contract

And then there is the ability to delist the likes of Johnson and Macrae and commit to re-rookie if no-one takes them first (meh if they do)

They’ll find a way to fit in more players if they want them bad enough

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could we have done better with Noble on the table or were we just being kind to get Noble across to GC?
Yeah and the lost flexibility of having pick 10 was the biggest factor, IMO. Had we kept 10 we wouldn’t have needed to do so much work on 13 with GC and could have approached everything differently. I’m team Shoota though so no complaints here.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back