List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

As someone mentioned yesterday this is the classic bigfooty trade of send out a pile of middling to garbage assets and get back a star
Exactly. It's not supposed to work like that. Putting together lower rated players or picks, doesn't get you a star. We were just lucky that's all we had to give. If we had more Port would absolutely have demanded it.

One thing I missed in my last post: the inflated value of pick 13 also helped us a lot.

Houston is the best player we have traded in over the past decade. An absolute gun. Kicks the ball like a young Buckley and is a big game/moments player. I'm absolutely stoked to get him in. And Perryman really strengthens our Best 23 too.

Wish list for the next 24 hours? Jack Hayes and Tomlinson to boost our tall stocks at both ends of the ground. I don't think we need Membrey but Robertson from Bris looks worth a punt and fits an age-group need.
Tomlinson is the worst player in the competition by some way now that Gary Rowan is without a home. He shouldn’t be getting a game at Collingwood VFL.

Much rather Membrey.

nah I think the deals fine, it’s just that the Rioli trade is so batshit crazy that it’s skewed everyone’s perception of what players are worth
Well at least I only have to watch the second night of trades.
:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah and the lost flexibility of having pick 10 was the biggest factor, IMO. Had we kept 10 we wouldn’t have needed to do so much work on 13 with GC and could have approached everything differently. I’m team Shoota though so no complaints here.
If we had pick 10 the deal may have been easier, but I'm sure we'd have given up more: both 10 and F1. Instead we have Schultz and Houston. Much better than just Houston alone. We'd have kept some later picks, but don't think either 10 or F1 would have stayed with us.

I said I wanted everyone and we basically got everyone, bit of an L with Peatling, have to admit, but we had nothing left to trade in hindsight given we ended up with Houston. 10/10 trade period
I wanted Peatling for the Pies. I thought he would continue to get better and make a name for himself next season.

If Pies got him, I would be a lot more confidence with Pies depth and young talent.

So we have no early pick in this great draft 💀

So?

Hine would have just wasted it anyway

When was the last time Hine actually nailed a first round pick that wasn't a Father Son or Academy player?

De Goey. Dude has absolutely botched first round trading for a decade.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back