List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

What I love about the Perryman/Houston acquisitions is CFC have acquired two exceptionally skilled utility footballers.

And, I'm of similar opinion to others on BF, it would be great to see some tall talent come through the door....I really like the Burgemeister, Nicholls and Stumpf.

I would also like to see some additional speed and skill come in, either/or Rys Unwin, Archer Day - Wicks and Will Hayes.

Rookies: Personally, I like Keighton Matofai-Forbes and Waylon Davies - Motlop
You just like those rookies for their names.
Do they play footy?
Do they actually exist? :D

What I love about the Perryman/Houston acquisitions is CFC have acquired two exceptionally skilled utility footballers.

And, I'm of similar opinion to others on BF, it would be great to see some tall talent come through the door....I really like the Burgemeister, Nicholls and Stumpf.

I would also like to see some additional speed and skill come in, either/or Rys Unwin, Archer Day - Wicks and Will Hayes.

I'm a fan of what Leppa said the other day when referring to getting some tall depth - they like to use blokes as battering rams. I think Dekka's project talls over the years haven't gotten anywhere near it because he's favoured athleticism, whereas the late guys who do make it tend to be battering rams.

For that reason, I hope we don't take Stumpf who reads like a Dekka tall rather than a battering ram.

When hes 34 and won 3 flags with us we might grant him his childhood wish to play for his grassfoots, shit footy club
He can join Pendles - we'll have 2' double agents deep in the bowels of ...

Anthony Anderson Food GIF by ABC Network

I'm a fan of what Leppa said the other day when referring to getting some tall depth - they like to use blokes as battering rams. I think Dekka's project talls over the years haven't gotten anywhere near it because he's favoured athleticism, whereas the late guys who do make it tend to be battering rams.

For that reason, I hope we don't take Stumpf who reads like a Dekka tall rather than a battering ram.
Just curious, who in our team would you call a battering ram? McStay or maybe Frampton?

Kpfs as role players, and put your stars elsewhere on the field
I think it's a cost effective strategy

Just curious, who in our team would you call a battering ram? McStay or maybe Frampton?
Checkers and McStay. They're about crashing into blokes - ideally to mark it, but to bring it to ground when they don't. Elliott often too. Schultz was a bit of a surprise in that regard too when needed to be due to injuries.

Last edited:
Kpfs as role players, and put your stars elsewhere on the field
I think it's a cost effective strategy
Me too. Necessity too for most teams. Just so hard to star as a marking forward with modern defences. But you've got to have blokes who force a contest and some dangerous spills.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Waylon Davies Motlop has talent but is bigger by a factor of 2 than that talented indigenous player we had called Kayle Kirby that had the heart troubles. I don't think I'd go near drafting him.

Waylon Davies Motlop has talent but is bigger by a factor of 2 than that talented indigenous player we had called Kayle Kirby that had the heart troubles. I don't think I'd go near drafting him.
Kayle Kirby. What might have been. Couldn't run more than 15 metres, but that bloke hit like a truck. I watched him in the VFL one day and a couple of times the sound of him crashing into blokes could be heard suburbs away.

He is a goal sneak, but his fitness is something left to be desired tbh.
His combine results reflect this

Are you challenging me to a moron off? Because this is right in my wheel house. :tearsofjoy:
No worries bro. As far as morons go you're up there.
Dunno. Perhaps you're slightly more moronic.
I realise I'm a moron as well.
It's a pretty cool club to be in.
Keep being you 🍻

I thought Chief was giving us an opportunity to provide pricing for brilliant posts
Don't bring my good friend Chief into this. He loves me dearly.
Yeah I've fecked up a few times. He always comes to my rescue.
Only takes a DM or two for him to realise what I bring to the table.
He's my mate.

Membrey means we NEVER should play Billy up forward again. Hopefully having a defined role will do him good. There was a period in early 2024 when Billy was our top defensive stopper.
Yeah I recall that period fondly, all 1.5 games of it.

Was he though? One of the biggest gripes with Blair was that his tackles were easy to break and he spent a lot of time corralling players with the ball rather than attempting to put genuine tackling pressure on them.
He did well to play as many games as he did, but he’s not even close to Schultz as a pressure forward (and Schultz only has about 1.5 inches on him, so not anywhere near as big of a size difference as you claim).
Blair averaged more tackles a game than Schultz.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back