List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

He was a very nice player 2010-2012

After that not sure how he stayed on list so long
Always a premiership player tho
6 consecutive seasons of 20+ games between 2011-2016 says he contributed a bit more than just his first few seasons. A wee man who made the most of himself. Valuable player.

He was a very nice player 2010-2012

After that not sure how he stayed on list so long
Always a premiership player tho
Nah. He was a solid little role player, who became a scape goat because our system and forward line didn't work.

Not sure what happened after 2012 but you're spot on
We moved to a 4 man forward line to maximise forward 50 entries, making our forward entries either slow or to an outnumber. Blair just copped the blame for a system that wasn't working.

Last edited:
Nah. He was a solid little role player, who became a scape goat because our system and forward line didn't work.

Yeah I think his skillset was that of a midfielder but he was not quite good enough at it to win more than a token amount of time in the middle. Let's face it, we had a stacked team at the time, especially in the middle, with Swan, Pendles, Sidey, etc.

We moved to a 4 man forward line to maximise forward 50 entries, making our forward entries either slow or to an outnumber. Blair just copped the blame for a system that wasn't working.

Josh Thomas like- used to get a lot of slack. I reckon fly would have loved him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Josh Thomas like- used to get a lot of slack. I reckon fly would have loved him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's just the way - even when we were top of the ladder and winning a flag, WHE and Lippa were copping it, despite having really clear and obvious skillsets that contribute to the team. Stars and spuds with nothing in-between.

It's just the way - even when we were top of the ladder and winning a flag, WHE and Lippa were copping it, despite having really clear and obvious skillsets that contribute to the team. Stars and spuds with nothing in-between.

yeah it's strange. Given the draft/salary cap/soft cap, it's impossible to have maybe even 10 a-graders on a list, so these role players are so vital. Especially the ones like WHE who have the capacity to play like a-graders at times, even if only for a quarter. And luckily for us in 2023, some of our role players (WHE, McStay, Bobby, though he is more than a role player) stepped up at the right time.

I should add Lippa to the list. His best is pretty damaging though we did not see much of it this season.

Another Month
Nfl Time GIF by FanDuel

Future pie player sam weideman on sen 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back