List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi guys. I come in peace. Just spit balling, but it's a topic for both our clubs. I'd be interested to hear where you guys are on this.

I want to open a discussion about the potential Keane trade which might help both Collingwood and Adelaide (and Melbourne). I'm wondering if we can perform the miracle win, win, win deal.

Mark Keane is contracted to Adelaide for next year and as you might know, Adelaide are quite interested in Harrison Petty from the Dee's. He's also contracted for one more year. Petty is a more advanced player than Keane just now but potentially, they're both about the same. Both good solid KPP's with Keane's ceiling yet unknown. I think Melbourne will ask a lot for a contracted Petty and Adelaide will also ask a lot for a contracted Keane.

How do we make it work for all clubs to win out of this?

Adelaide and Melbourne could just do a deal but your interest in getting Keane back adds a fair bit of flexibility into any potential triangular deal.

I could start a list of options but I'd prefer to just hear what the Maggies think about this without my influence for now.

Over to you.

Cheers
Firstly, I don’t really rate Keane and don’t want him back.

Apparently Melbourne were into Reef McInnes last year, so there’s your triangle of players.
Use draft pics to level it out.

I’d rather trade McInnes for something else.

If it’s not lifestyle, I’d love to know why we’re not a red hot chance

(If it’s why I think it is…)

Think we’ve gotta expect another Schultz type trade

Something that drops late? That’s quite the gamble. That was a different situation as he didn’t even plan on leaving until he was home and realised he wanted to be near his family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd assume either trade price or salary being more than we're willing to pay.
Be interesting to know what what we're prepared to pay in terms of both $$ and at the trade table.

I would have thought he would have been a great compliment to Nick and therefore worth the price.

Yeah we aren't getting anyone. Thought guys would be lining up to play with Nick.
I know we can't be, but I'd love to be privy to the club's plans with how they'll continue to develop mid support for Nick.
There's a few holes in different sections of the ground coming up.

Senior players aren't moving clubs at the moment. I suspect it's because of the increased salary cap meaning they're all getting good pay rises.
Thats right
With the increase in salary cap, it just makes easier for players club's to retain them. Unless of course they want to leave for other reasons.

What price?
Whatever $$ - we're meant to have a "war chest" so I'd imagine he get well paid but not in the outer limits due to knee / where he's at.

Trade...what get's it done?
I'd like to know what Cat's are going to offer

Don’t think our true target has come to light as yet. Half the people we are linked to we haven’t even approached, it’s purely to build speculation.
Yes - It's good under the new regime that we only know a few of the players we're interested in (McStay a long way out whereas most others during trade week)

Although I'm pretty sure we did have significant interest in Holmes.

I wonder if someone like Callaghan - how on earth they get a player like him in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back