List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

They see Keene as Murphy's replacement?!
Again, I hope he succeeds but IMO, yikes.
he'd be the 2nd best defender in the squad by some stretch (behind Moore) ..assuming Howe retires end of this year

we are incredibly light on for KP Ds or Fs full-stop

and at 194 cms his ideal position would be the Howe replacement (3rd defender)

Who have you got in mind for that prized pick
I'll play Devil's advocate
  • It's prob same around the same pick we got from Geelong for Ollie...if it's so useless, why did we accept?
  • Plenty of great players get taken in 2nd round - we've given up far too many 2nd rounders in the past that could have been used to snag a slider.

* But yes...I'd be inclined to trade it or attempt to use it to move up...we just don't have our first to add it to.

You think freo would prefer Schultz or our first atm?

Our first ain’t helping them this season, where they sit in the top 4 contending. With Sonny cooked they’d kill to have schultz. Even if they pick a good player in the draft (which is no guarantee) given how weakened it is these days, they won’t be having an impact for 2 years

TBF to Freo, I'd say they were stockpiling picks without the thought of actually using it themselves - I'd say they were hoping to incorporate it into a McDonald (or similar) trade.

If the pick is so diluted, why not just accept our 2023 first?

* Stormsky, I'm with you, I'm sure they'd prefer Schultz, but they have maximised his leaving and weakend our ability to trade out / up - a two-for-one

Just my opinion, but there seems to be a whole lot of de-valuing of picks by everyone.
I for one think they have real power and potential - esp if we don't make the 8
(but let's hope we do and we give it a shake)

Anyway, would be ironic if Schultz kicked the winner against Freo to help us advance if we make finals.

he'd be the 2nd best defender in the squad by some stretch (behind Moore) ..assuming Howe retires end of this year

we are incredibly light on for KP Ds or Fs full-stop

and at 194 cms his ideal position would be the Howe replacement (3rd defender)
Fair enough sam_e, I've just never really rated him
Hopefully he becomes an integral part of our back 6.

Unless he was one of the players wanting Simpson gone. He might be more than happy to stay now..
Given he is a longer serving player, I expect he’s pro-Simmo, not anti.
With Simmo gone, a painful rebuild ahead, and maybe a tap on the shoulder from the club to see if he’s open to be traded, he may see an opportunity to get some more success elsewhere.
Hawthorn did this very well with Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell etc.

KREUGER WAITS FOR PIE DEAL

Collingwood’s Nathan Kreuger would like to remain at the Pies but is yet to be offered a new deal as he becomes an intriguing prospect with his dual ruck-forward capability.

Former Geelong forward Kreuger has finally shrugged off an injury history that includes multiple shoulder reconstructions, calf and hamstring issues which saw him out of AFL football for 407 days before his round 13 return.

He is no superstar but clubs across the AFL are entranced by forwards who can also play some ruck time.

There are plenty of ruckmen in football who attempt to pinch-hit forward with little effect, but he has kicked seven goals in four games while getting more ruck time in the past two weeks.

With Mason Cox, 33, signed to the end of 2025 but injured and Brody Mihocek, 31, out for the home-and-away season with a torn pec, Kreuger becomes even more important for the Pies.

HOWE SET FOR ONE MORE

Collingwood swingman Jeremy Howe intends to play on for a 15th AFL season in 2024 if he remains free from serious injury at the back end of this year.

The Herald Sun revealed last month that Howe had a 16-game trigger in his contract which would guarantee him a pathway through to 2025.

The 34-year-old is only three games shy of reaching that mark, with his value to the team as strong as ever, given he has moved from defence to attack to assist the injury-hit Magpies’ forward line.

Howe, who has edged to within four games of the 250-game milestone, says his passion for the game is as strong as ever.

“For me, I will play for as long as I am physically able to contribute to the team,” Howe told the Herald Sun after last week’s12-point loss to Essendon.

“I am more than happy to keep going.

“But if something happens to me like what happened at the start of 2023 (a sickening compound fracture of his arm), then Iam straight out.

“Physically, my body feels good. I love the game and still feel like I am contributing.”

But he put one more caveat on playing on again next season, saying he wanted to be certain that in continuing on next year that he wasn’t holding back any young talent.

“I’ve always said that I would never get in the way of anyone,” he said. “I won’t be doing that. But if I am still fit and still contributing, I will go on again next season.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd pass.

If he wanted to play for us, he shouldn't have left in the first place. Or, when he decided to return, he should have chosen us.

Now that he would cost us trade capital (and seeing that he is again looking to leave a club that gave him a shot), I'd pass.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd pass.

If he wanted to play for us, he shouldn't have left in the first place. Or, when he decided to return, he should have chosen us.

Now that he would cost us trade capital (and seeing that he is again looking to leave a club that gave him a shot), I'd pass.
What? Are you letting your hurt feelings get in the way of advancing the Collingwood football club? He is a very good defender. His kicking has improved out of sight, and I would welcome him with open arms. Thank God you are not a part of our recruiting team. Blokes of his size and experience are rare. If he wants to come home roll out the welcome mat and grab him in a warm embrace when he arrives.

Given he is a longer serving player, I expect he’s pro-Simmo, not anti.
With Simmo gone, a painful rebuild ahead, and maybe a tap on the shoulder from the club to see if he’s open to be traded, he may see an opportunity to get some more success elsewhere.
Hawthorn did this very well with Lewis, Hodge, Mitchell etc.
Without knowing who the players are that wanted Simmo gone, it's hard to know. It was reported it was 'senior players'.. so they would also be the longer serving players.

Trade for Barrass
Pick up Zurhar as a FA

1 huge need in Barrass and another in that age group we lack from awful drafting.

2 huge weapons.

Following year try to land a nice mid.

Trade for Barrass
Pick up Zurhar as a FA

1 huge need in Barrass and another in that age group we lack from awful drafting.

2 huge weapons.

Following year try to land a nice mid.
Doubt we could afford two big fish, and if we could, say goodbye to any prospect in 2025

Barrass is the man for me. He's pricey but he's the perfect boy to sit at full back supporting Darcy for a few years while we try and win another flag with a strong list.

Zurharr is a gun but I'm quite happy with where our forward line sits. One of the most efficient in the league in 2024. Despite our issues for the last month or more, we're still putting on decent enough scores despite missing personnel. Our defence needs tuning.

Get Barrass and find cheap midfield depth like Peatling and/or Davies and we've instantly patched up some holes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back