List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Same draft as Allen, he is a 20 year old KPD and if you watch his VFL he doesn't look that far off.

I’d more than happily have him at Collingwood but what I said was he looks a long way off regular senior footy at the Dogs. Nothing to do with his VFL performance, everything to do with his place in the KP pecking order. Even with Jones, Keath and Gardner out which I thought was his opportunity, their preference has been to throw Lobb back.

Last edited:

Without knowing who the players are that wanted Simmo gone, it's hard to know. It was reported it was 'senior players'.. so they would also be the longer serving players.

Or the more generic use of the term senior players meaning guys in the senior team.

Or the more generic use of the term senior players meaning guys in the senior team.

Players of influence - leadership group and or Harley Reid.

Cannot be giving up a second round draft pick for Keane. That is too much.

If people believe Keane is a second rounder then what would we get for Quaynor, McCreery and John Noble?

Is James Borlase gettable? Young, strong mark, can play a bit of forward as well as backline, and is an unrestricted free agent at 21 years old. A cheap alternative to Keane?

I would also be pretty happy to pursue Cumming & Haynes aggressively. Cumming is obvious - Haynes, whilst old, is still playing really good footy.

Alex Davies is a young big mid stuck behind GC's glut of talent. Tackling machine - get him!

Players of influence - leadership group and or Harley Reid.

Cannot be giving up a second round draft pick for Keane. That is too much.

If people believe Keane is a second rounder then what would we get for Quaynor, McCreery and John Noble?
IQ was a former 1st round pick and being talked about in AA squad discussions last year. No idea why you’d put him in the Noble/Beau category.

I'd pass.

If he wanted to play for us, he shouldn't have left in the first place. Or, when he decided to return, he should have chosen us.

Now that he would cost us trade capital (and seeing that he is again looking to leave a club that gave him a shot), I'd pass.

I don’t hold it against him that he left, remember this was during peak Covid in Melbourne.

He left the most locked down city in the world with his family back in Ireland.

Is he an upgrade on Ginnivan? Has he made us better? Have Hill or McCreery benefited from having him in the forward line? The answer is no. He’s a fat, ordinary footballer with very few tricks.
He’s miles ahead of Ginnivan.
If Ginnivan had Schultz’s ferocity, diligence application and commitment he’d still be at the Club.
The debate is over - Shultz is a committed footballer who can be relied upon by his team mates.
Ginnivan is a flaky show pony.

I don’t hold it against him that he left, remember this was during peak Covid in Melbourne.

He left the most locked down city in the world with his family back in Ireland.
I don’t hold it against him either. But I’m reluctant to give up a second round pick on a player we already had.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s either worth recruiting or not.
Unless he has baggage then his previous stint should be irrelevant.
I accept that. Just doesn’t feel like the right way to go.
I guess we’ll see what happens.

Is James Borlase gettable? Young, strong mark, can play a bit of forward as well as backline, and is an unrestricted free agent at 21 years old. A cheap alternative to Keane?

I would also be pretty happy to pursue Cumming & Haynes aggressively. Cumming is obvious - Haynes, whilst old, is still playing really good footy.

Alex Davies is a young big mid stuck behind GC's glut of talent. Tackling machine - get him!

He's having a fantastic run in the SANFL, way above the level. IMO is able to play as a bit of a hybrid 3rd tall or KPD. Is only pushed out of the team because we have Murray/Butts holding down the key positions, and Keane playing out of his skin. IMO there will be a trade for either Borlase or Keane, but it's Borlase that has an offer in front of him to stay at Adelaide (2 years)

Crows defence is currently 4the best in the comp, and actually the best by some metrics (we're just crap everywhere else)

Josh Worrell is back from injury in a few weeks, so will be interesting to see who he squeezes out.

IMO Keane is the one that will leave, but I reckon it'd have to be a decent-ish pick, because if he has another excellent year next year and improved again (under contract) then you'd imagine whatever club comes for him will offer a fairly decent contract, which would attract a pretty good compensation pick for the Crows. Pies could pick him up for nothing end of next year as an UFA, but depends whether you're trying to fill a key position quickly or are happy to wait?

Been wanting him for awhile. 193cm big inside mid who can extract and plays a hard strong and bruising style of football.

Reminds me of Eli Hollands who was buried in their depth and couldn’t get consistent game time. Went to Carlton for peanuts and is now a walk up best 22 week in week out.

Would be a perfect replacement for Titch

Cumming is the golden egg though, he would be elite in our setup. Play as the +1 down back and allowed to intercept and use his beautiful leg, would be huge for us.

Been wanting him for awhile. 193cm big inside mid who can extract and plays a hard strong and bruising style of football.

Reminds me of Eli Hollands who was buried in their depth and couldn’t get consistent game time. Went to Carlton for peanuts and is now a walk up best 22 week in week out.

Cumming is the golden egg though, he would be elite in our setup. Play as the +1 down back and allowed to intercept and use his beautiful leg, would be huge for us.
Watched a bit of Cumming on the weekend and have got to agree that he strikes the ball beautifully - marking forwards would love him kicking it to them.

Any guesses / estimations on cost (trade/$$) and possibility (realistic / unrealistic) of
  • Davies
  • Cummings
  • Borlase

I don't know much about them - but I do like both their ages / footy profiles - if they have the talent to match

Remove this Banner Ad

Back