Game Day Collingwood vs Richmond - Sunday 28th July 2024 - 1:10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
when Bytel receives the ball, he isn’t treacle slow, HE IS ABSOLUTELY STATIONARY.
I haven’t seen a player stop and prop so consistently badly for us since peak Chris Mayne.
You can play think music for Bytel.

He is a clogger.
And I am very happy with the recruiting of Smit mid season, but we should have taken Teakle over Bytel as an SSP.

Bytel, Long and Pendles in the same team is a disaster in terms of leg speed.

Gotta be Cox, Harrison, Schultz and Mccreery for Kreuger, Sullivan, Long and finally Markov.

A big no to "playing the kids" because our kids aren't that good aside from the ones that are already playing. We need to maintain selection integrity.

What irks me the most is that we were clinging to some form and into the top 4 at the bye before the injuries just became too much. Injuries were a big reason we lost the last few, but now that the cavalry has returned (aside from Mihocek)... I'd like to think we still have some good footy left in us but even if we hit form there's no way we go 5-0 or 4-1 from here.

Bytel, Long and Pendles in the same team is a disaster in terms of leg speed.
Don’t play Bytel. Ever.
Give Long a chance, he has size and brute force.
Pendles makes up for pace with smarts.

Every time I watch Teakle I gnash my teeth. A good, ordinary player but just what we have needed these past few weeks. He's competitive in the ruck and a good target up front.

Even as depth he is clearly a better quality player than Long and I just don't understand how they could choose Ned ahead of Teakle.

I would love to be informed about the thinking behind their selection.
looking to the future perhaps? Seeing at the time we had two good rucks ...

Every time I watch Teakle I gnash my teeth. A good, ordinary player but just what we have needed these past few weeks. He's competitive in the ruck and a good target up front.

Even as depth he is clearly a better quality player than Long and I just don't understand how they could choose Ned ahead of Teakle.

I would love to be informed about the thinking behind their selection.
Teakle was already gone by the Ned Long pick.

The better question is why did why pick Bytel over him in the SSP?

Given how pathetic both our AFL and VFL teams were on the weekend is there a chance it was one of those weeks where the club was struck down by illness?

We know Howe and Kreuger missed training with illness + Harrison/ Allan/ Johnson all absent without explanation (or in Harrison's case a vague explanation of 'managed')

Why would we not rest JDG? He’s clearly injured, can’t train fully, yet we are putting him out there every week. Let him rest and get right for next year if we’re not trading him. Are we trying to finish as high as possible to not make the Schultz trade look like a catastrophic disaster rather than just a major disaster? Let go and move on!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thought Reef was terrible as a forward against Hawthorn. Caught behind too often and out bodied too easily
I would keep him in against the Richmond kids though and see if he can play a role higher up the ground
I think they are playing him out of position, much lik ethey did with Ginni ( as he shwoed on the weekend)

and we have been competitive for about 1 ...
If Richmond play like they have the last 2 weeks and we play like we have the last few weeks, Richmond should be favourites for this one. Especially with Tarranto Martin Vlaustin and Pickett to return

Why would we not rest JDG? He’s clearly injured, can’t train fully, yet we are putting him out there every week. Let him rest and get right for next year if we’re not trading him. Are we trying to finish as high as possible to not make the Schultz trade look like a catastrophic disaster rather than just a major disaster? Let go and move on!!
Because our season is still alive - barely. Once/if it isn't, things might change.

I think Fly needs to drop the positive platitudes which everyone has now realised are ultimately hollow and meaningless and actually get to the crux of why nearly 90% of a Premiership team/list has dropped off in form between seasons

I'm not sure I've ever seen in my time watching football, any team have such a large majority of first choice players down on form, let alone a Premiership team.

You can literally name on one hand the number of players who have genuinely improved on last year or at least maintained their standard:

• Nick Daicos
  • Hoskin-Elliott
  • Darcy Cameron
  • John Noble
  • Jeremy Howe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back