List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Wow there is an article suggesting kangaroos give up pick 2 or 3 for Tom Lynch and pick 15 or 20 lol ffs

Ben Cotton has to be a Tigers nuffie?

and yet can't offer a recruiter with a better record of Club success than Hine over that period.
So the other guys must be deplorable by comparison.
These are better currently and not living off Pendlebury selection-

Steve Conole Brisbane
Simon Dalrymple Dogs/Swans/Saints
David Walls Freo
Kinnear Beatson Sydney
Jason Taylor Melbourne
Steven Wells Geelong
Mark McKenzie Hawthorn

how do you win a flag without the cattle?
Surely you're not saying recruiters have no role in the success of a Club.
Recruiters definitely have a role - they get the cattle to the club - approx what % of a flag is that worth compared to the coaches' role? - training, fitness, game plan, motivation - blah blah

Recruiters definitely have a role - they get the cattle to the club - approx what % of a flag is that worth compared to the coaches' role - training, fitness, game plan, motivation - blah blah
I reckon enjoyment is a significant factor too.
McRae has established a positive culture that the players enjoy being a part of.

Difficult time at the moment, but I think our culture will help to turn it around.

These are better currently and not living off Pendlebury selection-

Steve Conole Brisbane
Simon Dalrymple Dogs/Swans/Saints
David Walls Freo
Kinnear Beatson Sydney
Jason Taylor Melbourne
Steven Wells Geelong
Mark McKenzie Hawthorn
Steven Wells the closest to Hine's Record,
That's about it.
So there's no one with a better record to replace Hine - I think the debate is over.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ok, so they wouldn't make us a
ok, so they wouldn't make us a better side?
Not saying that. Context is everything if we had them maybe we would not be able to obtain the key pieces for the 2023 flag or 2018 GF. It is the bottom six that gets you the opportunity to win a flag. Hine has created a very even squad that suits our strengths and game style. Anyone can nit pick drafts, reality is Hine has created a competitive squad parallel to Geelong and Sydney over last 20 years

What pressure or scrutiny has Hine faced?

One of the better AFL gigs going around.
reckon he's over-rated on the drafting side of things, esp. talls (discussed ad infinitum) and also in 20-40 (circa 2nd round) draft range (has had some success in latter draft range)

performance in recent years (excluding FS and NGA) is poor.

strategy to shop in the $2 SSA bin, particularly for talls given they're more than likely mature and have more exposed form, for mine, is seriously flawed.

the club's flagrant mis-use of first rounders has been one of the real reasons why we've been unable to embark on anything like a successful 'dynasty' (read back2back)

Last edited:
What I will say about hine is that he has selected our 2 best draft picks ever that were not father son in Pendlebury and Sidebottom. Also our 1st and 2nd most games played. Since he has been at the club since 2004? We have won 2 premierships in 19 years which is above average. He hasnt done a bad job.

What I will say about hine is that he has selected our 2 best draft picks ever that were not father son in Pendlebury and Sidebottom. Also our 1st and 2nd most games played. Since he has been at the club since 2004? We have won 2 premierships in 19 years which is above average. He hasnt done a bad job.
he also selected de goey and maynard in the one draft. Neither were FS or academies. So good selections.

And a few runners up

reckon he's over-rated on the drafting side of things, esp. talls (discussed ad infinitum) and also in 20-40 (circa 2nd round) draft range (has had some success in latter draft range)

performance in recent years (excluding FS and NGA) is poor.

strategy to shop in the $2 SSA bin, particularly for talls given they're more than likely mature and have more exposed form, for mine, is seriously flawed.

the club's flagrant mis-use of first rounders has been one of the real reasons why we've been unable to embark on anything like a successful 'dynasty' (read back2back)
This season is not over yet. We can also challenge next year.

Forgot about Swan. But he was a bit of a stab in the dark like selection.
No he wasn’t, it was astute recruiting.

Back then if you turned 18 before round one you could get drafted out of your bottom age year. Swan had a very strong end to the season and they felt he was a potential top 10 in the next draft so took him early

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back