List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Any guesses / estimations on cost (trade/$$) and possibility (realistic / unrealistic) of
  • Davies
  • Cummings
  • Borlase

I don't know much about them - but I do like both their ages / footy profiles - if they have the talent to match
Davies is on the outside looking in for the Suns behind Rowell, Anderson, Touk in their midfield, also seeing as Touk is out for a few weeks we may get an extended look at him in the Suns seniors, should be cheapish.

Cumming recently returned from injury but is playing more wing than defence as their back six is super settled. Giants players are really hard to pry out of that team, but maybe with the promise of playing in defence could be convincing

Borlase has been bouncing in and out of the 23 for the Crows but don’t know a hell of a lot about him

IQ was a former 1st round pick and being talked about in AA squad discussions last year. No idea why you’d put him in the Noble/Beau category.

They are players that for varying reasons we should get something decent in return for when using Keane as a second rounder.

If there was a category it is that of players I would be ok to trade for the right draft picks.

Any guesses / estimations on cost (trade/$$) and possibility (realistic / unrealistic) of
  • Davies
  • Cummings
  • Borlase

I don't know much about them - but I do like both their ages / footy profiles - if they have the talent to match
Not too sure on Cummings or Borlase's status, but I would assume Davies would be fairly cheap. 23 years old and not even 30 games under his belt, as well as OOC this year, so I wouldn't imagine any club would be willing to part with more than either a late 3rd/4th round type pick.

Will be interested to see if he gets a bit of a run with the Miller injury - granted they do also rate Rogers and Graham highly, so they might get a bit more of a run and bring in another type. If that happens to be the case it would appear Davies is even further down the pecking order and probably diminishes his value even further.

Now that Adam Simpsons a free agent can we look at him next year?
Very tactically astute and by reports a great game day coach.
Park him next to Fly, and demote the weakest link in the coaching panel.
No room for sentiment here.
By all reports he’s seen as a great tactical coach

With our present coaches being moved into areas of the footy dept, would be an astute and valuable pick up

But I would imagine he’s pretty jaded at the moment and want time away from the game…?

Not too sure on Cummings or Borlase's status, but I would assume Davies would be fairly cheap. 23 years old and not even 30 games under his belt, as well as OOC this year, so I wouldn't imagine any club would be willing to part with more than either a late 3rd/4th round type pick.

Will be interested to see if he gets a bit of a run with the Miller injury - granted they do also rate Rogers and Graham highly, so they might get a bit more of a run and bring in another type. If that happens to be the case it would appear Davies is even further down the pecking order and probably diminishes his value even further.

Borlase would be dirt cheap, token backend pick. Crows have apparently put a 2 yr contract in front of him.

By all reports he’s seen as a great tactical coach

With our present coaches being moved into areas of the footy dept, would be an astute and valuable pick up

But I would imagine he’s pretty jaded at the moment and want time away from the game…?
I would love to get Simpson, probably would want to return to Vic as well. The problem is that he would cost a lot in our soft cap. I could see him going back to the Hawks, or maybe part time at Norf.

Not a glamour name but asking about Fiorini again is worthwhile I reckon.

Likely only cost a 3rd round pick

Has run. Can play inside or outside.

Knock on him previously was his disposal efficiency but that’s been better this year at 72%

At 27 and 100 games in he is ready made …
a cheap one to look at with Sidebottom old, Carmichael gone and young Macrae and Allan taking their time

Knock on him previously was his disposal efficiency but that’s been better this year at 72%

a cheap one to look at with Sidebottom old, Carmichael gone and young Macrae and Allan taking their time
He’d be an upgrade on fin etc at afl lvl. Def couldn’t hurt. If he turned out to be like Lippa could be handy for the price.

Fiorini come home

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would love to get Simpson, probably would want to return to Vic as well. The problem is that he would cost a lot in our soft cap. I could see him going back to the Hawks, or maybe part time at Norf.
Geezus…. Are we strapped for cash or something?
So we go over the soft cap and pay some money to the crooks, eeer I mean the AFL.
What is the use of having millions in the bank if you can’t use it to buy the occasional Premiership?

He might be looking to move into a Director of Coaching or Football Manager role.

I reckon we will see some movement at the Pies after the season. Given the chance that Wright might take a job with the new Tassie team.

I think someone posted this a few pages back but our moves need to be centred like what Carlton did with Elijah Hollands, can’t get a game at Gold Coast, gets traded for peanuts and becomes a best 23 player at the Blues

Agree… and they’ve done that a few times already in the last few years with Cameron, Lipinski, Frampton

Defenders, rucks, mids… in these positions there is definitely AFL level talent being wasted in the state leagues

• Davies
  • Cummings
  • Borlase

I think Borlase would be dirt cheap as a UFA who is probably behind a couple of key backs in Adelaide. I think he's a talent though - looks strong as hell and is a good mark.

Davies is a similar story but as a mid.

Cummings would be much more expensive. Real talent

Agree… and they’ve done that a few times already in the last few years with Cameron, Lipinski, Frampton

Defenders, rucks, mids… in these positions there is definitely AFL level talent being wasted in the state leagues
Indeed

Cameron- rotting in the reserves at Sydney and got him for a junk pick

Lippa- Bevo forgot he existed

Framp- Passed around both SA clubs and we got him for a third rounder (i still remember there was outrage about that lol)

We’ve got a great track record of turning offcuts into solid players

He might be looking to move into a Director of Coaching or Football Manager role.

I reckon we will see some movement at the Pies after the season. Given the chance that Wright might take a job with the new Tassie team.
I feel I’ve missed something
Why is Wright looking to move on from Collingwood?
Feel like he’s only just got here
New challenge already?

New challenge already?
Hopefully he returns, but he did offer his resignation prior to his sabbatical.
Don’t think we can assume he is locked in.
As for Simpson, he is a quality coach who will be very sort after in 2025.

New challenge already?
I think his resignation was only related to his desire to take a big holiday.

Is James Borlase gettable? Young, strong mark, can play a bit of forward as well as backline, and is an unrestricted free agent at 21 years old. A cheap alternative to Keane?

I would also be pretty happy to pursue Cumming & Haynes aggressively. Cumming is obvious - Haynes, whilst old, is still playing really good footy.

Alex Davies is a young big mid stuck behind GC's glut of talent. Tackling machine - get him!
I heard GWS were very pleased with how Haynes has gone. They are likely to offer him a one year contract. I like the look of both Cummings & Davies. problem with getting Davies is he is a Cairns boy & doesn't like the cold

I heard GWS were very pleased with how Haynes has gone. They are likely to offer him a one year contract. I like the look of both Cummings & Davies. problem with getting Davies is he is a Cairns boy & doesn't like the cold
That makes sense - I would extend Haynes too!

Davies can wear long sleeves :p

We always talk about players being exchanged for draft picks now.

We don’t seem to speculate about player swaps. I miss the footy card like playground side of that.

I guess that could be where the idea of a player being worth a bag of chips comes from.

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade & FA 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back