List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I think some hard decisions do need to be made, but at the same time we need to space it out so we don’t get the culture shock of five or six retirements at once

Agree don't want them all Retering at the Same Time.

We would bottom out doing that

Based on the list of current out of contract players and Free agents available, I’d happily consider any of the below players to varying degrees (I’ve also included Brodie/Daniel as I think they would be available for next to nothing in a salary dump):

Out of contract (Trade):

Riley Garcia

Buku Khamis

Lachie Sholl

Alex Davies

Changkuoth Jiath

Bailey Scott

Lewis Hayes

Free Agency:

Cam Zurharr

Isaac Cumming

Josh Battle

Junk in contract trades:

Caleb Daniel

Wil Brodie

Unless it’s a superstar player, I couldn’t imagine we’d be chasing any other established in contract player given our skinny draft hand.

Based on the list of current out of contract players and Free agents available, I’d happily consider any of the below players to varying degrees (I’ve also included Brodie/Daniel as I think they would be available for next to nothing in a salary dump):

Out of contract (Trade):

Riley Garcia

Buku Khamis

Lachie Sholl

Alex Davies

Changkuoth Jiath

Bailey Scott

Lewis Hayes

Free Agency:

Cam Zurharr

Isaac Cumming

Josh Battle

Junk in contract trades:

Caleb Daniel

Wil Brodie

Unless it’s a superstar player, I couldn’t imagine we’d be chasing any other established in contract player given our skinny draft hand.
Add Conor Nash to free agents and swap out Daniel for Lobb

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way.

Hill is young and top 5 quickest players in the league which Pies are in dire need of.

First rounders are a gamble most of the times. But you don't trade a sure thing for a chance.... maybe if Hill was 27 or older
I love Hill. I think he is exciting to watch, creative and feel that when he has the ball in his hands something will happen.
But instead of going to the draft, what if we turn those two first rounders into 2 x best 18 22 year old midfielders to replace/have a year with Pendles?

If we bring those two types in, will the gap between Hill and the replacement FP (Schulz/HH/ Richards) be too big?

They won’t retire them unless we have players ready to replace them.
This is another (unforeseen?) consequence of not having our first
Bring in a top line mid w pick 6, that gives the flexibility of trading next year’s first fir a Callaghan type and the midfield / centreline is replenished

Reef was recruited under the Buckley regime? Ditto Finlay?

It would be interesting to know if Fly was the coach at the time, would Reef have been selected?

I feel Fly would have a greater sense of loyalty to those players recruited via the draft or trade to the club during his tenure.

It's a bit like when Hardwick became the coach of the Suns. Chol knew his days were numbered.

They took Allan under McRae. Both very similar in terms of physical size and pace. Can't see any reason they wouldn't have also taken McInnes.

They took Allan under McRae. Both very similar in terms of physical size and pace. Can't see any reason they wouldn't have also taken McInnes.
Was touted as a top 20 pick with pace, with size who can multiple positions that was in our academy. No reason we wouldn't have taken him either way.

I'm not even sure contract status is all that important. A player wants out, they get moved out.
it took Lobb and Dunkley two years to get traded. Clubs can refuse if they want to keep the player. Petty tried to get out of melb last year, they said no. Himmelberg the same from the crows. GWS refused to trade Hill when in contract. Tim Kelly as well, Geelong didn't trade him initially the first time.
It gives the club more leverage. If they dont get what they want, they think its more valuable to keep said player.

it took Lobb and Dunkley two years to get traded. Clubs can refuse if they want to keep the player. Petty tried to get out of melb last year, they said no. Himmelberg the same from the crows. GWS refused to trade Hill when in contract. Tim Kelly as well, Geelong didn't trade him initially the first time.
It gives the club more leverage. If they dont get what they want, they think its more valuable to keep said player.
And who can forget how Cats hung onto Ratugolea even though they hardly played him.

Out of contract (Trade):

Riley Garcia

Buku Khamis

Lachie Sholl

Alex Davies

Changkuoth Jiath

Bailey Scott

Lewis Hayes

Free Agency:

Cam Zurharr

Isaac Cumming

Josh Battle

Junk in contract trades:

Caleb Daniel

Wil Brodie

I think our only option is to tinker around the edges like we did two years ago with value bets.

From that list the names that stick out are Battle, Cumming, Davies and potentially Garcia.

I’d add Sam Berry from the Crows to the list as well.

The last one depends a little on if Condon comes back end of the year. If he does then you assume Steene plays more forward or Condon does.

If he doesn’t then I’d look to offer Patrick Voss a contract longer than Freo. I thought he was worth the risk last year and I think he’s shown he can play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I think our only option is to tinker around the edges like we did two years ago with value bets.

From that list the names that stick out are Battle, Cumming, Davies and potentially Garcia.

I’d add Sam Berry from the Crows to the list as well.

The last one depends a little on if Condon comes back end of the year. If he does then you assume Steene plays more forward or Condon does.

If he doesn’t then I’d look to offer Patrick Voss a contract longer than Freo. I thought he was worth the risk last year and I think he’s shown he can play.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Personally Berry just doesn’t find enough footy IMO to be worth chasing as a midfield option.

May as well play DeMattia in there.

For mine it’s chase Brodie, Khamis or Jiath and Garcia through trades. And try to pick up Zurharr and Cumming though FA.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back