List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Fringe - In: Rumours of Keane and Berry from Adelaide
Fringe - Out: Rumours of AJ to Adelaide. Richards has options and may leave due to contract status and our depth.

Sounds good - but we'd have to pay - AJ has zero trade value and those two from Adelaide would be worth something. Richards would get us something but probably not as much as either of those Crows.

Forget Luko

Mac Andrew.

He honestly was very lucky not to serve time for the dumbness he pulled over Xmas.

His family and management - so I have been told - have begged him to stop hanging around with stupid people, as when he is with stupid people, he does stupid things.

Make no mistake - if he has another brush with the law, he is in deep strife.

Despite all this - he continues to hang around with the same stupid people - you can see the flashes of temper onfield, well, add a few beers and you get the gist.

Family and management have - so I am told - come around to the idea Mac may be better served out of the Gold Coast area.

GCS have a choice if he decides to leave - make a great trade, or risk Mac doing yet another dumb thing, and having no career left at all.

If we haven't put the question - we really should.

Source is the same person who tipped me off about Chol coming, and the reasons.

From the Hawthorn board.

Sounds good - but we'd have to pay - AJ has zero trade value and those two from Adelaide would be worth something. Richards would get us something but probably not as much as either of those Crows.
Adelaide Board:

"Trade:
Keane, Berry to Collingwood
for
29, F2, Joe Richards"

Adelaide Board:

"Trade:
Keane, Berry to Collingwood
for
29, F2, Joe Richards"
FMD

TBH, I don’t want us trading a 2nd yet alone a F2 + Richards!

I wonder what the cost is going to be?
I actually makes me feel sick thinking about what it might be.

Last edited:
Yes. I didn't even post the second part.

Our 29 and their F2 for luko.
So basically Keane and Berry for Luko and Richards :drunk:
hahaha
I'm not sure what they're drinking, but give me some lol

really don't see the fascination with Berry (albeit haven't watched him closely) & would much rather keep hold of Richards

all of Richards, HH, McCreery, Allan & Reef to train with the midfield group over summer with a view that a couple can spend time rotating on-ball in 2025. in fact, all our small'ish forwards should be able to rotate on-ball for short bursts

really don't see the fascination with Berry (albeit haven't watched him closely) & would much rather keep hold of Richards

all of Richards, HH, McCreery, Allan & Reef to train with the midfield group over summer with a view that a couple can spend time rotating on-ball in 2025. in fact, all our small'ish forwards should be able to rotate on-ball for short bursts
Berry - has got pace, aggression, can kick both sides, reads taps can play inside and outside mid.
They are excellent attributes all needed in our midfield.
Joey is too slight to play midfield, Reef hasn’t got the tank, Allen hasn’t proven himself as an inside mid, but hopefully will next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t Lukoscious be an ideal target for us? Perfect age profile and might be obtainable without selling the farm.
He's not a key forward. He's a third flanker who struggles in the contest, goes missing and struggles to defend. I don't think he suits the way we play.

Berry - has got pace, aggression, can kick both sides, reads taps can play inside and outside mid.
They are excellent attributes all needed in our midfield.
Joey is too slight to play midfield, Reef hasn’t got the tank, Allen hasn’t proven himself as an inside mid, but hopefully will next year.
Plus because Nicks is an incompetent coach, he’s been thrown all around the ground and named sub, and was only forced to play him in midfield due to injuries

you don't like winning games?

he's had some issues this season but when fit he's a good player.

round 10 he had 25 possessions and 12 marks against the dogs.

2023 season he played 20 games and averaged 16 and 6 marks. His best game last year was 29 disposals and 12 marks.

so no, not finished 3 years ago.

You seem to assume that adding Haynes means we win more games but I don’t see it unless you’re talking VFL. He’s best suited to the Howe or Moore intercept role rather than a lock down role we need bolstering, and he’d be behind them at selection imho.

I value your opinion. I wonder if our culture could improve this part of his game.
Not sure.
He just has to improve areas of his game. There was a reason he was dropped, and some would say he should have been dropped weeks ago. Fans called him weak in last week's game.
He just needs to put his head over the ball, not back out of contests. He seems to wait for the ball to come to him, rather than want to do the hard stuff.

fwiw, I doubt he comes to vic if he does leave.It's either back in SA or stay in QLD.

He's not a key forward. He's a third flanker who struggles in the contest, goes missing and struggles to defend. I don't think he suits the way we play.

Yep. Plays more like WHE than a KP type. But I wouldn’t say no if we’re recruiting him to play that sort of role and it’s a relatively cheap trade.

Or can Checkers be Nathan Murphy?
I think this is an underrated option which will prolong his career. Obviously we've never proposed it due to our thin tall forward depth, but I think Lukosius is a good target to have as a creative centre half-forward. And Brody as reliable as he still is, could solve some defensive issues. Even in a "down year" up forward, and spending the first 6 games in defence - Lukosius has kicked 21 goals which is only one less than Shoota who is our #2 goal kicker. There's plenty to work with.

Yep. Plays more like WHE than a KP type. But I wouldn’t say no if we’re recruiting him to play that sort of role and it’s a relatively cheap trade.
Yeah, but people need to understand the type of player he is, and not think he is something he isn't.
But if he was cheap and if we wanted another WHE type as you said it could be an option. Not sure he has the tank that WHE does though. But he has good skills.

Yeah, but people need to understand the type of player he is, and not think he is something he isn't.
But if he was cheap and if we wanted another WHE type as you said it could be an option. Not sure he has the tank that WHE does though. But he has good skills.

People still can’t work out why we recruited Schultz so don’t hold your breathe.

Genuinely want your thoughts

• what would you consider cheap?
  • what would we be prepared to offer?
  • what would GC want?
  • what would we want if he was ours?

He might explode as a better version of WHE if he came to us or he might be a trade bust.

Just my opinion but I think we’d be better off banking our picks and looking to add more, or rather, upgrade them

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back