List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Well the club doctor did give the green light to send him back out on the ground with a four broken ribs, a minor lung puncture and, more seriously, a lacerated spleen. Blind freddy could see he was cooked on the night when it happened and especially when they sent him out after the quarter time break.
You could see he was cooked when they were testing him when he was running along the boundary. He jogged 10m, grimaced in pain and shook his head, I was flabbergasted when he went back on the ground.

For us to consider Lynch it would need to be a Bowes type deal. We will take him off your hands and his contract but throw in a first rounder!!!
With Lynch's constant injury breakdowns, we would be lucky to get 15 to 20 games out of him, in total, over the next couple of years

For us to consider Lynch it would need to be a Bowes type deal. We will take him off your hands and his contract but throw in a first rounder!!!
With Lynch's constant injury breakdowns, we would be lucky to get 15 to 20 games out of him, in total, over the next couple of years
Even then I probably wouldn’t do it. If it is 1.5M a year, you’re not just taking a non-playing Lynch and a top 10 for the cap space, you’re also losing a future FA e.g. LDU.

Which makes the trade Out: LDU In: Non playing Lynch + top ten pick. Which I wouldnt do.

Last edited:
Would never happen but I'd be Ed Richards manager's ear.

Bring Ron's grandson home!

Last edited:
Would never happen but I'd be Ed Richards manager's ear.

Bring Lou's grandson home!

Ron’s

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know the extent of Lunch injuries. I mean surely the fact he can’t get on the park for 2 years says enough?

I mean don’t get me wrong, I am in the camp of wanting a KF, but what makes people think he will get on the park for us?

If Lynch was about money he could easily have stayed at the Suns?
Pretty sure the Suns were in no position to be matching his FA offer from Richmond at the time.

Duty of care goes both ways. Trac also had a duty of care to himself and shouldn't have gone back on
He’s already publicly said it was partly his decision to return to the field, that alone would put a big scupper on any negligence claims.

Why would the coaches drop our second highest goal kicker and no 1 tackler? Don’t join the doomers COD

He's had a overall pretty solid season with room for improvement in his goal kicking accuracy and overall cleaness.

Definitely no chance of being dropped, will be a decent player for us over next 4 to 5 seasons.

Has a great attack on the contest/man which is a real plus.

Trac coming back on fails the pub test. If it was entirely his decision to go back on, why is he reportedly aggrieved?

By the same token pointing fingers at the docs after the fact and getting litigious when we have little information is a bit too "US of A" for my liking.

No doc gives AF about the 4 points more than they care about their patient.
I don’t think it was entirely his decision. It would have been a combo of him saying he wanted to go back on and the doctors then giving the ok for it. I’d imagine that Trac and his family in hindsight are taking the attitude of sometimes players need to be saved from themselves, which can often be true.
From an outsiders perspective, looking at the state Trac was in on the boundary before returning to the field, it’s hard to believe he was given the green light, and that’s the real issue. Blind Freddy could see he was in a lot of trouble on the TV, so why did the medical staff clear him to return to the field?

Money is not the issue for a year or two when you have so many retirees in the next few years. Salary cap going up. Give him 2m over 2 years and give ourselves a shot at another flag if he’s right. It’s the draft capital that you give up that really kills you. Two Beams, two treloar, one Schultz. These are the deals that compromise your future, not taking on a salary if you have ample cap space.
You do understand that $2m over 2 years is less than the ~$3m over 2 years he’s getting from the Tigers already right?
I know critical thinking isn’t your strong suit but this is pretty basic maths…

Does anyone know the extent of Lunch injuries. I mean surely the fact he can’t get on the park for 2 years says enough?

I mean don’t get me wrong, I am in the camp of wanting a KF, but what makes people think he will get on the park for us?
Majority of us don't think he will get on the park. And he's absolutely not worth wasting our salary cap on.

It's a big fat no.

I reckon you and all 20-odd people that liked your comment need to settle the hell down. It was not a swipe at Bytel whatsoever, it was a swipe at soreplums who has done the typical thing that people on BF (and other socials) do - making some big claim that gets the masses all excited and frothing at the mouth but choosing the completely ignore requests from people to follow up and instead choosing to bask in the attention they have brought to themselves.

On top of that, it's a swipe at people that make comments like "Bytel is not the future" which were CONSTANT in last night's match thread despite him not playing. They are the ones that have complexes about fringe players, not me.

Unfortunately, I can't help but feel that the 20ish people that have jumped on board to like your comment are doing so because it's someone clapping back at me specifically. Most of the people choosing to like your comment would prefer I just F off and die.

Crikey Prag that's a bit OTT mate!
Not sure too many on here hate posters enough to wish that kind of ill will on them.
I generally enjoy your posts even when we don't see eye to eye.
I gave his post a like because I thought it was a fair call about fringe types and that we can lose sight of it on here, not so much your post.

Money is not the issue for a year or two when you have so many retirees in the next few years. Salary cap going up. Give him 2m over 2 years and give ourselves a shot at another flag if he’s right. It’s the draft capital that you give up that really kills you. Two Beams, two treloar, one Schultz. These are the deals that compromise your future, not taking on a salary if you have ample cap space.
Imagine complaining about Schultz non stop & trying to put up an argument to pay $1.5 for a 32 year old who has played only 8 games in 2 years.

Are you sure on this. An Adelaide recruiter told me that he has an elite combination of pace and endurance? Are you sure he's not a bit like Langers who appeared slow because he didn't run when he had the footy but closed space at real speed?

You could see Langdon had pace I never actually got those calls by a few on here.

They are losing heaps of players, cap issue won’t be a problem for them next season. They will take all their picks to the draft to rebuild for another tilt.
It depends on what their recruiting dept has planned. If they are looking to top up at the draft this year and then hit free agency hard next year for an attempted quick rebuild, then getting an injury prone player with an inflated salary off their books now would be attractive, even if it meant packaging a late first rounder in the deal. The way it’s looking they’re probably going to feel like they have too many picks this year anyway, there’s only a certain amount of kids you can bring in at a time each year without becoming completely uncompetitive for an extended period.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back