List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it is too out there, if North finished with pick 1 and then split it for let's say pick 5 and 6 and offered one of them for Pendles I would consider it but I don't see them trading pick 2.

North losing to the Hawks was pretty bad and North need help bad and Pendles is the perfect player for them. Pick 5 for a 37yo Pendles who may only play 10/15 more games next season might be something to consider.
The complexity of this madness is next level.

1. Why would Richmond trade pick 1?
2. How do North convince both the Dees and Suns to trade their first for pick 1?
3. Why would they then trade said pick 5 or 6 for a guy that’s going to play 10-15 games?

To take one of the dumbest trade suggestions ever seen on here and take it further is brilliant!

To get Petracca, it will have to be similar currency to what we gave up for Beams, which is 2 mid to late first round picks.
We can give up next years first round, and maybe offer Reef as they have poor key forward stocks. And if there is any truth to any of the rumours on Richards/Nobel/Hill/Quyanor. Try get a pick under 30, or better with pick swaps included. (BTW Richards to Port is the only decent rumour/offer). Plus it would be wise to deal with Carlton as they might be up for off loading an early pick for later points for the Camporeale twins.
We dont have too many players in the 26-29 age bracket in the midfield/high half forward role, so it would stagger our age profile better
Established seconds players aren’t worth a first round draft pick.

Garry Lyon is doing MFC no favours this morning on SEN. He sounds bitter and is ridiculing “Brand Petracca”.

Certainly won’t help sooth the relationship with Christian and family.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Was the same last night on Fox also. Seemed really against Petracca. Im sorry Garry, but Christian doesnt have to suck it up if the culture is that terrible at Melbourne. Yes he signed a long term contract, but he can still be unhappy with the way the club is going

I don't think it is too out there, if North finished with pick 1 and then split it for let's say pick 5 and 6 and offered one of them for Pendles I would consider it but I don't see them trading pick 2.

North losing to the Hawks was pretty bad and North need help bad and Pendles is the perfect player for them. Pick 5 for a 37yo Pendles who may only play 10/15 more games next season might be something to consider.
Huh?

This almost the GOAT for the craziest scenario. I heard some doozies over the years, but this is right up there. Imagine us giving up pick 5 for a player who might only play a handful of games knowingly.

The complexity of this madness is next level.

1. Why would Richmond trade pick 1?
2. How do North convince both the Dees and Suns to trade their first for pick 1?
3. Why would they then trade said pick 5 or 6 for a guy that’s going to play 10-15 games?

To take one of the dumbest trade suggestions ever seen on here and take it further is brilliant!
1. I said if North had finished with pick 1 and then split it for hypothetical 5 and 6 (about all you would trade pick 1 for)
2. Again this is if North traded pick 1 for two picks inside 10
3. They might trade it for someone like Pendles not just for playing but coaching, culture, leadership. They might trade it for someone who might help them win games whether on field or off field. North seem pretty desperate on getting someone with some seniority + Pendles wants to coach away from Collingwood after his playing career. They after Parker, Wines, Rampe and are going to get none of them.

To get Petracca, it will have to be similar currency to what we gave up for Beams, which is 2 mid to late first round picks.
We can give up next years first round, and maybe offer Reef as they have poor key forward stocks.

Melbourne have 2 very promising young key forwards in Van Royan and Turner.

Reef is not even steak knives atm.

Was the same last night on Fox also. Seemed really against Petracca. Im sorry Garry, but Christian doesnt have to suck it up if the culture is that terrible at Melbourne. Yes he signed a long term contract, but he can still be unhappy with the way the club is going
Trade week is a loooooong way away. The "Christian has to suck it up" is a reasonable opening position for the Dees to adopt. Let some offers come to them.

Melbourne has smelt for years and I'm looking forward to Petracca's manager starting to leak dirt if Melbourne refuse to talk.

Have an out of the box trade, pendles to kangaroos for number 2 pick number 2 and our future first for petraca.
Pendles gets a season or 2as player then straight into coaching he's exactly what the kangaroos kids need and he would be doing it to benefit us ... As much as I hate it it's a win win

Can you cite other examples in the history of the AFL where a club gives a player a contract extension (as we did with Pendles a month or so ago) and then immediately trades them out?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. I said if North had finished with pick 1 and then split it for hypothetical 5 and 6 (about all you would trade pick 1 for)
2. Again this is if North traded pick 1 for two picks inside 10
3. They might trade it for someone like Pendles not just for playing but coaching, culture, leadership. They might trade it for someone who might help them win games whether on field or off field. North seem pretty desperate on getting someone with some seniority + Pendles wants to coach away from Collingwood after his playing career. They after Parker, Wines, Rampe and are going to get none of them.
Doubling down on insanity doesn’t make you right.

Huh?

This almost the GOAT for the craziest scenario. I heard some doozies over the years, but this is right up there. Imagine us giving up pick 5 for a player who might only play a handful of games knowingly.
He may not realise that you don’t trade draft picks or players for football department staff. Even though most of ours have come from other clubs.

Garry Lyon is doing MFC no favours this morning on SEN. He sounds bitter and is ridiculing “Brand Petracca”.

Certainly won’t help sooth the relationship with Christian and family.

MFC have probably accepted he’s going and are trying to damage his brand as much as they can in the way out.

I don't think the Hutchy idea is as stupid as it might first appear.

Regardless, Richmond will need to offer up something juicy to get it done IMO.

So what would you rather?

Lynch + the majority of his enormous salary + receiving a first round pick.

or

Lynch + little to no salary + giving away a first round pick.

Remember Lynch is contracted for a further 2 years so the money owing is likely to be around the 3 million mark.

If Collingwood are interested in Lynch then it only means we are loading up for the now so what's more important?

Getting him to the club for little to no salary whilst giving away the rights to select an additional young player in the 1st round and one unlikely to feature in our Premiership push of 25/26. Remember McGuane is projecting to be a 1st round selection next season so something for the future is on offer still.

or

Getting him to the club, likely paying him a salary higher than Nick, gaining an additional 1st round selection but hampering our ability to go after free agents next year due to the salary cap implications. If his body fails him again or we fail to win the flag that's a bloody lot of money to outlay for no result.

Given some people are open to moving next years first into this season I guess the question is would you rather use that on Lynch if he came mostly salary free or would you rather bypass him altogether and look to youth?

Given Geelong got a top 10 selection for taking on a salary of roughly $800,000 per season x 2 with Bowes then it's hard to fathom us wanting to take on a banged up soon to be 32yo Lynch without a similar price tag and pick attached.

Richmond however will probably value draft picks over salary cap space for the next 2 seasons given the players wanting out and it's why Hutchy mightn't be that far off the money.

I think it comes down to whether we have the cap space or not (dunno if we do)

If we have the cap space, and the doctors sign off on Lynch, IMO we’d be mad not to take him. What else would we spend that cap space on? - we don’t have the trade currency to satisfy clubs in most transactions.

Eg: If we had a choice between spending salary cap on Petracca or Lynch, of course we’d go for Petracca - but I can’t see how we’d put together a deal to make Melbourne happy.

So if we had the salary cap to spend, our choice would be to spend it on Free Agency players, or players who are on back ended deals and their club wants to free up cap space (maybe like Lynch)

At one point this morning Garry in frustration suggested that MFC should hold Petracca to his contract for a couple of years and then attempt to trade him to the new Tassie team. I bet that was noted in the Petracca household.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back