List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Sad but its likely, Heard he was given honors

I would hate to think that with the issues off-field with our management ranks that this kid doesn't get supported enough to take a chance on us, could be a future star for the biggest sporting club in the country playing (almost) weekly in the biggest stadium in the southern hemisphere.

I would say he would make a lot of money with sponsors & endorsements over here too, Almost like a more likable Mason Cox
I like Coxy, he’s very likeable. That’s comment of yours was a bit not very nice.

I see some other scenarios based around IF Petracca insists on being traded to Collingwood.
Melbourne will need to pick the lesser of two evils.
The shitstorm with their members for trading a player for massive unders because we don’t have the picks to appease them.
Or, the shitstorm that will hit their club if Petracca goes public which may be through a grievance tribunal or not.
For all we do know, there may be more damaging scandals within the club that has not leaked out into the public domain.
If so, Melbourne would need to pick their poison. Unders and angry members or more media scrutiny and public fallout.
Why bother entertaining a fantasy that's never happened in the history of the AFL?

Players consider a team's ability to actually get a deal done when considering where to request a trade to.

I see some other scenarios based around IF Petracca insists on being traded to Collingwood.
Melbourne will need to pick the lesser of two evils.
The shitstorm with their members for trading a player for massive unders because we don’t have the picks to appease them.
Or, the shitstorm that will hit their club if Petracca goes public which may be through a grievance tribunal or not.
For all we do know, there may be more damaging scandals within the club that has not leaked out into the public domain.
If so, Melbourne would need to pick their poison. Unders and angry members or more media scrutiny and public fallout.

Interesting.

The Grievance Tribunal route will take way longer than six weeks, meaning that it won’t reach an outcome until after end of trade period. So I don’t see how that option can work, logistically. Presumably you’re really talking about threatening to go down that path, rather than actually doing it. Would be interesting if MFC called his bluff and said “see you in Court!”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yes yes, we want to be selfish lol But players want to play, so it'll be a matter if he thinks he can get a permanent spot in that forward line.
Isn’t he the bloke that we picked out of complete wilderness because Ben Reid saw his potential playing in some country league, and called the Pies to have a look?

If true, sounds like he owes his AFL career to the Pies. Agree he should make the right decision for himself given his age, however if it’s marginal decision (3 years at Port vs 2 plus trigger with us and similar money), surely he owes it to us to stay?

This is where I have serious reservations about CP. he is 29 years old AND has just been through a near death injury. Hope he bounces back to still be a pretty bloody good player… but is he “in his prime” any more?
Who knows. What he can do or not do next year will be interesting. You would only take on that contract or pay the picks that Melbourne want if you were fairly sure he can perform around his best for at least 3 of the 5 years. I wouldn't take the risk.

I think its less about the contract and more about opportuntes, so he'll have to make the right decision for him.

Once again…Schultz trade comes back for another bite at the toushie

The perfect replacement for JN off the HB line is my suggestion, we are fine with small/medium forwards ATM.
Very good run and carry, uses it beautifully.
Richards & Naicos as HB's 😍.
IQ play on a wing with Beau on the other.
Richard will get owned by any opponent off HB, he's just too slight. If he can put on 5kgs he's got a chance.

Can now see why Fly was at the VFL last weekend

Richmond will gaze far and wide for talent to replenish its list, but it will also look into its own backyard at a player nicknamed “Doc’’.
The Tigers are keen on their first-year VFL forward Sam Davidson, who is studying medicine at Monash University.

“Absolutely no doubt they’d take him if they could,’’ one recruiter said of the prospect of Richmond putting the 191cm right-footer in AFL yellow and black.
Our last pick in the ND would trump them depending on other interest. They’ll be out of the draft by pick 25. Sounds like one to watch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Once again…Schultz trade comes back for another bite at the toushie
You aren’t being serious are you? A better player being contracted is biting us on the arse?

You aren’t being serious are you? A better player being contracted is biting us on the arse?

Mate get a grip

“Better player”

If we hadn’t traded for Schultz:

• We’d have pick 10 and in turn, Petracca
  • We’d be keeping Richards without issue
  • We’d most likely still have Ginnivan

So tell me, what would you rather?

Schultz?

Or Petracca, Richards and Ginnivan?

Interesting.

The Grievance Tribunal route will take way longer than six weeks, meaning that it won’t reach an outcome until after end of trade period. So I don’t see how that option can work, logistically. Presumably you’re really talking about threatening to go down that path, rather than actually doing it. Would be interesting if MFC called his bluff and said “see you in Court!”.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It will be a fascinating watch.
It all depends on how much more trouble there’s been behind the scenes at Melbourne that has become public.
Petracca will be privy to it all you’d think and this may be why he cannot bring himself to remain at the club.
If there’s more damaging scandals to come out, it might be Petracca that calls Melbourne’s bluff about him going public and Melb decide to quit while they’re ahead and agree to trade him.

This is totally besides the point and irrelevant. He had a life threatening injury and they allowed him back on the field instead of receiving required medical attention. Negligence does not care if the worst case scenario happened or not.
Even if you could prove some degree of negligence, Christian is on record saying it was his decision to go back onto the ground. Would be a massive contributing factor. Those who know better have continually debunked this legal action nonsense. They are facing a massive PR battle, but not a legal one.

Mate get a grip

“Better player”

If we hadn’t traded for Schultz:

• We’d have pick 10 and in turn, Petracca
  • We’d be keeping Richards without issue
  • We’d most likely still have Ginnivan

So tell me, what would you rather?

Schultz?

Or Petracca, Richards and Ginnivan?
Is it me getting a grip or yourself? You’ve managed to correlate the recruitment of Shoota to the loss of Ginnivan, a possible loss of Richards and the possible miss on Petracca…

You were involved in a discussion on Richards and suggested Shoota’s recruitment had “once again” hamstrung us so my comment was purely linking those two. It is unequivocal no matter what irrational argument you present that Shoota is a better footballer currently and probably into the future because he has a better all round game.

It’s this circle of stupidity that really grinds my gears during trade week!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back