List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

After living through the crap years at Melbourne, I can't see him going through more crap years at Richmond

It might end up being the only viable option. They could do a Bradbury.

Besides, I’d be much happier seeing him at the Tigers than the Blues. Last thing I want to see is Blues centre square with TDK, Cripps, Walsh and Petracca. They’d be unstoppable.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Car crash is an understatement.

The club is an utter mess. If they have any hope they should clean out the leadership - get rid of the board, Pert and Goodwin. Roffey was terrible just rehashing the same rubbish about culture and "we'll work through the issues with Christiann" - there issues run much deeper than Petracca.

Good news for other clubs as they feast on the carcass.
I've heard a lot of negative stuff about Goodwin, from many different people. Mind you, I doubt any of them have any inside knowledge whatsoever. There is one common them amongst them all though. The current climate also seems to reflect it

"At the moment, I still think I can contribute, but when I think blokes have gone past me and I don't think I can contribute as much as I would have liked, the club will tell me or those that are fortunate enough tell the club. Right now, I still feel like I can contribute so I want to keep playing."

It's delusional to think Melbourne will get a fair trade for Petracca, Melbourne have ***ked up, not Collingwood or Carlton. Melbourne will get what's offered, nothing more and it won't be De Goey or Mckay.

Absolutely.

If I hear of De Goey being included in a trade again, I’m hanging up my BF boots..

That would almost hurt as much as Mick McGuane going to Carlton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Pies can sign 3-4 players under 27 years old, then I would let Dean, Bytel and Long go. I think all 3 arent just good enough for a premiership contender. The Pies need a real solid 20 man team that bring something special.

If Pies can sign 3-4 players under 27 years old, then I would let Dean, Bytel and Long go. I think all 3 arent just good enough for a premiership contender. The Pies need a real solid 20 man team that bring something special.
Clubs also need cheap depth. There’s a balance to be had

The Lions kept their first rounder for 2022 in 2021, not future trading it. They were then able to trade it for Dunkley while using later picks to acquire both Ashcroft and Fletcher.
Yes, they traded it, you thought you could one up but reinforced my point so welldone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it gets to or is already at the point of no return, and Collingwood/Carlton aren't in the ball park of what's needed to get the deal done, what do you do if you're the Petracca camp? Other clubs might start looking attractive.
It is rumoured that his preferred destination is The Scum. They will get it done if true

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Can’t see him choosing to play for a club in the bottom four for the next three years.

He might not have much choice if no other deals can be struck.

If the Tigers put up two firsts, they’ll be in the box seat with MFC, who can then say to Trac, “take your pick - you either stay with us or go to Richmond.”

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Not necessarily. He should be taking his time thinking about it as he has a big decision to make.

Those we just announced were always re-signing with us. They didn't have other offers to contemplate.

True, hopefully that's the delay. Just a concern he's had that contract in front of him for awhile now. As you said though, he could be doing his due diligence....

I'm a strong advocate for them keeping their board, CEO and coach for at least another 10 years
This from the Melbourne BF board…”At first I was sceptical about keeping Simon Goodwin but now I really feel that he deserves to be given the opportunity to show what he can do without the disruptive influences of Petracca, Kosi, ANB.”

😵‍💫

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back