List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I know some Hawk fans who were bullish about James Blanck - who did his knee and missed this year. Might be gettable with these additions - is he worth targetting?
Honestly, he is seriously rubbish. He won’t get another game with them with Barass and Battle, and Frost has been good for them.

I feel sympathy for the Dees regarding this. Petracca comes across as pretty stoic - probably impacting both him being cleared to return to the field and also no one visiting him in hospital. Fair chance he hid how bad things were on both fronts. Whose boss or workmates send you home if you say you're fine or visit you in hospital if you say you're not too bad.

All guess work of course, which is what the whole thing is at this stage.
He was in ICU.
Nobody in ICU is “fine”.

Blues give: 1st rounder/2nd rounder + Tom De Koning
Melbourne: Petracca/ 3rd rounder.

I reckon this is fair.

If Collingwood wants to get involved:
Pick 20 (likely from GC) when we lose Noble
Richards (replacing Neal-Bullen)
Future 1st round next year.
This can be ramped up if we swap out Richards with Cameron if shit gets serious.
Are you drunk?

Stoned.
However, Dees need a ruck-forward. Gawn is coming to the end. Cameron has another 5 good years left in him.
Cameron will do what Grundy couldn’t.
Hey, personally I don’t have a massive hard on for Petracca. But, you gotta give up something to get something (for both teams).
Would you take pick 20 in this years draft or Noble? And we love JFN.

If Collingwood wants to get involved:
Pick 20 (likely from GC) when we lose Noble
Richards (replacing Neal-Bullen)
Future 1st round next year.
This can be ramped up if we swap out Richards with Cameron if shit gets serious.
It would be madness to trade out Cameron - he is far more critical to our structure than the addition of Trac. Cox will be 34 before next year starts. He can't be our main ruck. Ideally, we'd trade out an aging midfielder like Mitchell. Demons are not planning a rebuild yet, so they need a big-bodied mid-fielder to replace Trac and a small forward to replace Kozzie. Mitchell + Richards + next year's 1st would be what we could afford without paying over. I doubt they would take that, and I wouldn't want to pay anything more. We'd still need to trade draft picks to ensure we could get McGuane next year if we did that. The risk of the contract/injury isn't worth it. Dusty was never the same player after his injury. There's no certainty Trac will be, and that contract is massive.

It would be madness to trade out Cameron - he is far more critical to our structure than the addition of Trac. Cox will be 34 before next year starts. He can't be our main ruck. Ideally, we'd trade out an aging midfielder like Mitchell. Demons are not planning a rebuild yet, so they need a big-bodied mid-fielder to replace Trac and a small forward to replace Kozzie. Mitchell + Richards + next year's 1st would be what we could afford without paying over. I doubt they would take that, and I wouldn't want to pay anything more. We'd still need to trade draft picks to ensure we could get McGuane next year if we did that. The risk of the contract/injury isn't worth it. Dusty was never the same player after his injury. There's no certainty Trac will be, and that contract is massive.
I’m all for offering what we can afford and not what Melbourne want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That preparation thing about Dusty is/was a complete furphy.

It has been stated over and over again by teammates and coaches alike that he was meticulous in his rehab from injuries and was pretty much the best trainer at the club.

Dusty wasn’t Gary Ablett Snr in his approach. It just seems to be something people have picked up and ran with since the cliff came so quickly for him.
Oh that’s not really what I meant, it’s just that Pendles is completely next level on that front. You don’t get to his age and still able to play at the top level without going way beyond even what the best trainers in the league would normally do.
From what I understand, Petracca is in that same mould, but it’s still no guarantee of longevity.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I have the below players currently in limbo without a contract now based on recent announcements. This list is from footywire.
  • Jack Bytel
  • Joe Richards
  • Josh Eyre
  • Lachie Sullivan
  • Nathan Kreuger
  • Ned Long
  • Oleg Markov*
  • Reef McInnes
*Was reported back in July that he had signed on for 2025.

I believe we have 1 list spot available currently from the announced Begg delisting. So I would expect at least 3-4 of the above players to be moved on. I would be prioritising retaining Richards (although may move to Port), Kreuger & McInnes from the above list.

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I have the below players currently in limbo without a contract now based on recent announcements. This list is from footywire.
  • Jack Bytel
  • Joe Richards
  • Josh Eyre
  • Lachie Sullivan
  • Nathan Kreuger
  • Ned Long
  • Oleg Markov*
  • Reef McInnes
*Was reported back in July that he had signed on for 2025.

I believe we have 1 list spot available currently from the announced Begg delisting. So I would expect at least 3-4 of the above players to be moved on. I would be prioritising retaining Richards (although may move to Port), Kreuger & McInnes from the above list.
Murphy is another. (on the senior list)
With Begg's delisting it evens up the rookie list to allowed limit of 6
If Noble's trade goes through, thats 2 senior list spots available.

We may do 2 in the trade and 3 in the draft. So 5 list spots need to be available.
We'll have 2 (murphy, noble) then 3 from the above list.
Given we have interest in a mid, I can't see all of sullivan, bytel and Long staying.
Maybe we can delist and rookie krueger to spare up a senior list spot, if we have a rookie spot available, which means letting one of the rookies go.

Last edited:
Mitchell’ feet are cooked.

Stoned.
However, Dees need a ruck-forward. Gawn is coming to the end. Cameron has another 5 good years left in him.
Cameron will do what Grundy couldn’t.
Hey, personally I don’t have a massive hard on for Petracca. But, you gotta give up something to get something (for both teams).
So you want to give away our ruck to help out the scum? You certainly are stoned 🤣 🤣 🤣

Blues give: 1st rounder/2nd rounder + Tom De Koning
Melbourne: Petracca/ 3rd rounder.

I reckon this is fair.
Why on earth would TDK want to go to the basket case that is MFC, especially when he can stay put on big money and and contend for Premierships?

Nobody in their prime will willingly move the MFC. Look how quickly Houston withdrew his interest.

The only players likely to go to MFC would be former guns like Caleb Daniel, Jack Macrae and Luke Parker, who are on the slide at their clubs but wanting to continue playing.

For that reason, I continue to believe that Richmond are in the box seat. They don't have to convince any players to move - they will have first and second round draft picks galore. No other team can come close to matching what the Tigers can offer MFC for a Petracca trade. And if it really drags out near the deadline, he might just cave in and agree.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back