List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

We should look to trade or package Frost as well.

We have Brown, Reid is fit again and Marsh IMO as a much better prospect as our KPD options. Frost has some "admirers" in the footy world and now that he still holds some kind of currency we should look to offload him.

I think Frost has been an excellent player for us. Not sure why people want to trade him. He is young, quick and very rarely is he beaten. Sure, your heart is in your mouth when he has the ball in his hands, but that was no different to Presti. I wouldnt be relying on Reid that's for sure. Whatever we get out of Reid should be seen as a bonus.

I thought the swans ban was with signing free agents? Was under the impression trading was fine because it's player for player/picks (which is essentially salary for salary) but signing free agents is just bringing in another salary and not moving one out.

Very much a rumour albeit from a trusted friend.

Good mate is a property manager in Bentleigh - Confirmed Treloar submitted for tenancy of a property in Hampton last week and was accepted, listed an employee of Collingwood as his income reference.

I take most rumours on Bigfooty with a grain of salt and expect this to be treated the same - I can't prove my claims, and rightfully expect to be red faced if we don't land him.

Fingers crossed my friend is spot on.

That just sounds like bullshit.

Very much a rumour albeit from a trusted friend.

Good mate is a property manager in Bentleigh - Confirmed Treloar submitted for tenancy of a property in Hampton last week and was accepted, listed an employee of Collingwood as his income reference.

I take most rumours on Bigfooty with a grain of salt and expect this to be treated the same - I can't prove my claims, and rightfully expect to be red faced if we don't land him.

Fingers crossed my friend is spot on.
But his current employer is GWS.
Cannot sign anything with Collingwood as yet.
If true, why wouldn't he just put GWS on the form?

It would be disappointing if we brought in Kreuzer. A guy who is injury prone and who really knows what his best position is? Arguably plays his best footy in the ruck and not as forward. With Moore needing more game time, the forward line could look too top heavy when you throw in Cloke and Kreuzer as well.

Karnezis is also not the answer. He is the right size, but just not strong enough or quick enough. Gets knocked off the ball too easily. He has been in the system for 5 years now, and hasn't been a regular player for 2 clubs now. He is just not going to make it.

Sicily has been mentioned here, and I think this is the approach that needs to be taken. Go look for those guys drafted by the top clubs over the past year or 2 who fit the mould of some size, strength and speed, and try get them over here.

Also, I think we do need Treloar. A ready replacement for Swanny in the future.

I like Witts, and I think he has alot of upside, however, if we are going to get something of value, we need to give something of value up. Grundy being our number 1, and Cox looking quite good, Witts is the logical player that we can afford to trade, and someone that is wanted by many clubs. I think he will go to GWS in the Treloar deal.

Question for those who have looked closely at the point system for father son and academy selections. With gws needing points, does it create an opportunity where we can actually live the draft board dream of packaging fringe players to get a gun? How many third rounders equal atop ten selection?

Dont the awans currently have a trade ban?

If they do then we arent trading witts there?
Yes they do but I a think worts would be under the contract limit that applies to the ban which is 350k I believe
More a restriction than a ban. Apparently they can't bring anyone in on a contract higher than $350k because of the Cola phase out.
I thought the swans ban was with signing free agents? Was under the impression trading was fine because it's player for player/picks (which is essentially salary for salary) but signing free agents is just bringing in another salary and not moving one out.

IIRC they have a choice to ...

(A) Be subject to the $350K restriction or ...

(B) Lift the restriction and totally forego COLA.

So far they've gone for option (A)

Priority should definitely be Treloar. Youth is the go now.
Then a young speedy line breaking, elite kicking, goal kicking forward.
Having 3 or 4 forwards capable of kicking 30-40 goals per season is the direction to go.

Once we are in the 'Premiership Window' we can then top up with experienced players (that fill gaps).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But his current employer is GWS.
Cannot sign anything with Collingwood as yet.

True, but player managers do enter into arrangements during the season.

Franklin made arrangements to move to the Swans months before the end of season.

If true, why wouldn't he just put GWS on the form?

Because it probably wouldn't make much sense to have a Melbourne real estate agent ring up the Sydney employer for an income reference?

What would the Melbourne real estate agent think?

What would the Sydney employer think?

Cloke,fasolo,Elliott, probably Moore, maybe white. I think we are already there.
But we don't perform consistently with our forwards, especially against Stronger opposition.
Season 2015:
Cloke 34 goals
Elliott 34 goals
Fasolo 25 goals
White 25 goals

Cloke we need 60 +
Elliott 40 +
Fasolo 40+
White 35 +

We are 60 goals short...these goals need to come from games against stronger opposition.
We need to generate additional 4 goals per game.
If our current crop of forwards cannot achieve this (didn't this season), then we need to recruit players who can.

We have Cloke, Elliott plus Moore on the rise.
Jury still out on Fasolo & White.
Additional classy small/medium forward & also 3rd tall...still missing pieces to Premiership team.

Last edited:
True, but player managers do enter into arrangements during the season.

Franklin made arrangements to move to the Swans months before the end of season.

Because it probably wouldn't make much sense to have a Melbourne real estate agent ring up the Sydney employer for an income reference?

What would the Melbourne real estate agent think?

What would the Sydney employer think?
Can managers actually sign anything? Or is it a 'heads of agreement' type arrangement, subject to successful trade negotiations. A document that states, IF the player was to be traded successfully then the terms & conditions would apply. Although does this have players signature as well?

What if your Sydney employer transferred you to Melbourne to set up a Sales office? You would have to list your Sydney employer. Don't see an issue in today's world of mobility, communication & technology.
I know people who live in Bali, yet work in the region.

It just seems strange to me (Treloar listing Collingwood as his employer).

Posted some screenies further up the thread. http://www.voy.com/51976/
No updates on that last message . I am getting worried as my cat is looking a bit bloated again .
*edit site is up again

Sorry to bother you, but could you try a thread link as I still can't access the general site for some reason.
[You may need to give your cat a fizzy drink before it's too late].

Season 2015:
Cloke 34 goals
Elliott 34 goals
Fasolo 25 goals
White 25 goals

Cloke we need 60 +
Elliott 40 +
Fasolo 40+
White 35 +

Have you factored in games played? Last time I did a fwd comparison White would be on track and Elliott is on par with Cloke due to a few matches more. Fasolo and especially Cloke are lacking there imho. Our spread of goals is better compared to last year though.
Not want to hang players up on totals but their efficiency should be a lot better and the number of goals will take care of themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back