List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you factored in games played? Last time I did a fwd comparison White would be on track and Elliott is on par with Cloke due to a few matches more. Fasolo and especially Cloke are lacking there imho. Our spread of goals is better compared to last year though.
Not want to hang players up on totals but their efficiency should be a lot better and the number of goals will take care of themselves.

What do you mean by efficiency?

Have you factored in games played? Last time I did a fwd comparison White would be on track and Elliott is on par with Cloke due to a few matches more. Fasolo and especially Cloke are lacking there imho. Our spread of goals is better compared to last year though.
Not want to hang players up on totals but their efficiency should be a lot better and the number of goals will take care of themselves.
They all payed 17-19 games this year. We definitely came up short.
White can kick 3 or 4 against weaker opposition, then go missing in the big games.
In fact all of our forwards are a little guilty of that.
We need 4 forwards sharing the load...& performing when it counts (big games against the best).

Anyone else hear Alistair Lynch at the start of the GWS v Dees game about Treloar when asked where he might end up he said something along the lines of 'answer is pretty black and White' DerWayne said is that confirmed and he said 'it will be at the end of the season' or something along those lines.

Very much a rumour albeit from a trusted friend.

Good mate is a property manager in Bentleigh - Confirmed Treloar submitted for tenancy of a property in Hampton last week and was accepted, listed an employee of Collingwood as his income reference.

I take most rumours on Bigfooty with a grain of salt and expect this to be treated the same - I can't prove my claims, and rightfully expect to be red faced if we don't land him.

Fingers crossed my friend is spot on.

Considering he isn't an employee of the Collingwood football club, I don't see why he'd put that as an income reference...

Anyone else hear Alistair Lynch at the start of the GWS v Dees game about Treloar when asked where he might end up he said something along the lines of 'answer is pretty black and White' DerWayne said is that confirmed and he said 'it will be at the end of the season' or something along those lines.

So Find out Tommorow then?

Can managers actually sign anything?

They're acting on the player's behalf (kind of like lawyers) so can't see why not. But doubt they would in practice.

Or is it a 'heads of agreement' type arrangement, subject to successful trade negotiations. A document that states, IF the player was to be traded successfully then the terms & conditions would apply. Although does this have players signature as well?

I don't think anything would be signed and legally binding before the trade period opened.

But there'd be handshake agreements.

What if your Sydney employer transferred you to Melbourne to set up a Sales office? You would have to list your Sydney employer. Don't see an issue in today's world of mobility, communication & technology.
I know people who live in Bali, yet work in the region.

Yes, of course, that happens all the time (I've done it myself). But not to footy players at footy clubs.

Could you imagine?

Scharenberg: "Balmy, got a minute?"

Balmy: "Yeah, what is it?"

Scharenberg: "I need an income reference for a rental, can I put you down?"

Balmy: "Yeah, sure, no worries. Where are you moving to?"

Scharenberg: "Glenelg"

Balmy: "Cool. Nice beach there ... Yeah, no worries, give them my name and I'd be happy to help you out"

It just seems strange to me (Treloar listing Collingwood as his employer).

If I was moving from Sydney to Brisbane (heaven forbid), and I had a 3 month notice period on my current job (common in my industry) and I wanted to get myself set up in Brisbane ... I'd be putting my future Brisbane employer's name down as an income reference - and expect that they would be only too obliging.

...If I was moving from Sydney to Brisbane (heaven forbid), and I had a 3 month notice period on my current job (common in my industry) and I wanted to get myself set up in Brisbane ... I'd be putting my future Brisbane employer's name down as an income reference - and expect that they would be only too obliging.
Seems reasonable [apart from the moving to Brisbane part].

They're acting on the player's behalf (kind of like lawyers) so can't see why not. But doubt they would in practice.

I don't think anything would be signed and legally binding before the trade period opened.

But there'd be handshake agreements.

Yes, of course, that happens all the time (I've done it myself). But not to footy players at footy clubs.

Could you imagine?

Scharenberg: "Balmy, got a minute?"

Balmy: "Yeah, what is it?"

Scharenberg: "I need an income reference for a rental, can I put you down?"

Balmy: "Yeah, sure, no worries. Where are you moving to?"

Scharenberg: "Glenelg"

Balmy: "Cool. Nice beach there ... Yeah, no worries, give them my name and I'd be happy to help you out"

If I was moving from Sydney to Brisbane (heaven forbid), and I had a 3 month notice period on my current job (common in my industry) and I wanted to get myself set up in Brisbane ... I'd be putting my future Brisbane employer's name down as an income reference - and expect that they would be only too obliging.
Good point.
Let's see what Treloar & GWS announce next few days.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/ca...r-a-draft-bounty/story-fnp04d70-1227514452373

Pies, Tigers & Bulldogs mentioned as possible suitors for Kruezer in this article. It also reckons a contract worth $450k to $500k is worthy of a band 1 compensation pick.

It will be a total joke if Kreuzer lands Carlton pick 2.

The hype doesn't match his career output to date and he's not worth the money that would activate band 1 compensation.

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/players/M/Matthew_Kreuzer.html

The reported offer of 1.5 million over 4 years from Carlton seems about spot on.

If we look to use Witts in a trade and go after Kreuzer we better not pay an amount that will seem them gifted pick 2.

Maybe he wants to do Dane Beams...& not show up...
If he is leaving, I hope he still attends the GWS B & F.
GWS Best & Fairest is next week, he'll probably wait 'til after that

Nb be like Harry O, make some weird speech upon departure...rather than a no show like Beams...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very much a rumour albeit from a trusted friend.

Good mate is a property manager in Bentleigh - Confirmed Treloar submitted for tenancy of a property in Hampton last week and was accepted, listed an employee of Collingwood as his income reference.

I take most rumours on Bigfooty with a grain of salt and expect this to be treated the same - I can't prove my claims, and rightfully expect to be red faced if we don't land him.

Fingers crossed my friend is spot on.

Wouldn't he legally have to put GWS as his income reference seeing as he is employed there?

But his current employer is GWS.
Cannot sign anything with Collingwood as yet.
If true, why wouldn't he just put GWS on the form?
Maybe because when he moves in his employer will be Collingwood?

GWS Best & Fairest is next week, he'll probably wait 'til after that
He will be drinking like a fish (jmac) all week I would imagine with after season piss up sessions.

Maybe because when he moves in his employer will be Collingwood?

You can't sign something based on who you're future employer MIGHT be, that would defeat the entire purpose.

Even if Treloar is looking at houses in Melbourne it's still not 100% he joins us, things can happen in trade week.

Wouldn't he legally have to put GWS as his income reference seeing as he is employed there?
I think we might be reading this wrong. His income reference, ie. the person that the agent calls to confirm he has ongoing employment, is a Collingwood FC employee. So they'll call that person, who will then say, yes, Adam is currently finishing his contract in Sydney, and as of xx date, will be an employee of Collingwood FC.

At least that's what it looks like to me now I've re-read it. Can chestbrah confirm if I'm correct?

What do you mean by efficiency?
See below
They all payed 17-19 games this year. We definitely came up short.
White can kick 3 or 4 against weaker opposition, then go missing in the big games.
In fact all of our forwards are a little guilty of that.
We need 4 forwards sharing the load...& performing when it counts (big games against the best).
Indeed , figures of the 2015 season below.

Cloke 17 m 34 goals 23 beh
Elliott 19 m 34 goals 29 beh
Fasolo 16 m 25 goals 14 beh
White 17 m 25 goals 19 beh

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/2015.html#4

Pendles is the most accurate 15 Goals, 6 Beh with Blair a good 2nd on 17 resp 9.
Anyway, will wait after the final game and see what we can dish up with statistics.

I think we might be reading this wrong. His income reference, ie. the person that the agent calls to confirm he has ongoing employment, is a Collingwood FC employee. So they'll call that person, who will then say, yes, Adam is currently finishing his contract in Sydney, and as of xx date, will be an employee of Collingwood FC.

At least that's what it looks like to me now I've re-read it. Can chestbrah confirm if I'm correct?

But GWS still have the option to not trade Treloar to Collingwood ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back