List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2015

What Trade Happens 1st

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
But GWS still have the option to not trade Treloar to Collingwood ?
That's an extremely unlikely scenario if he nominates the Pies. It's not like we're ridiculously unfair to deal with at the trade table...

That's an extremely unlikely scenario if he nominates the Pies. It's not like we're ridiculously unfair to deal with at the trade table...

Extremely unlikely, but still possible. Which is why this talk like Treloar is already a Collingwood employee (whilst still a contracted employee of GWS) is a little bizarre to me.

There are plenty of examples in history where it looks all but certain a certain move would happen in the offseason, then at the 11th hour something else happens. Treloar isn't a Collingwood player until the trade is done

Would he not simply change his income reference to a diff club if he didn't land at Collingwood? I've never bought a property so I have no clue what I'm talking about but I could imagine you could change it just like people change jobs all the time

Extremely unlikely, but still possible. Which is why this talk like Treloar is already a Collingwood employee (whilst still a contracted employee of GWS) is a little bizarre to me.

There are plenty of examples in history where it looks all but certain a certain move would happen in the offseason, then at the 11th hour something else happens. Treloar isn't a Collingwood player until the trade is done
Clark to Fremantle, Tippet to Brisbane, Buddy to GWS...

Spot On. Players at moment are Nominating Clubs they want go to. Trade still has to happen

Just a rumour (earlier post), that he is looking for a house in Melbourne & listed Collingwood as his employer...just a rumour.
Hahahahaha u gotta be shitting me?
How in gods name would anyone know that?
Hope its true but F..K me we go to extremes to try to make us feel more close to landing him

To be honest, (and I say this as a landlord myself) assuming he's renting, proof that he has a job waiting for him in Melbourne when he moves down here should be sufficient enough. There's nothing in chestbrah's post saying he's listed Collingwood as his current official employer, just that a Collingwood employee is his reference.

If I had a tenant moving in who had a reference who said, "yes he is currently employed in Sydney, but we have a contract ready for him to commence with us as of November 2015", that would be good enough for me.

Just a rumour (earlier post), that he is looking for a house in Melbourne & listed Collingwood as his employer...just a rumour.
I think you need to re-read the post. It did not say that he listed the Pies as his current employer.

We are at the stage of following his lifestyle choices for any sign of commitment, not quite at the level that the fans of the cleveland Cavaliers got to when they tracked their team owners flight to miami to meet with LeBron via private jet, but we are gradually getting there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be honest, (and I say this as a landlord myself) assuming he's renting, proof that he has a job waiting for him in Melbourne when he moves down here should be sufficient enough. There's nothing in chestbrah's post saying he's listed Collingwood as his current official employer, just that a Collingwood employee is his reference.

If I had a tenant moving in who had a reference who said, "yes he is currently employed in Sydney, but we have a contract ready for him to commence with us as of November 2015", that would be good enough for me.
True...I guess the main point remains...it's only a rumour.
Can somebody please post a copy of his lease application form...real estate agent can accidentally release.
Until that happens...it is rumour number 739...that is all.

I think we might be reading this wrong. His income reference, ie. the person that the agent calls to confirm he has ongoing employment, is a Collingwood FC employee. So they'll call that person, who will then say, yes, Adam is currently finishing his contract in Sydney, and as of xx date, will be an employee of Collingwood FC.

At least that's what it looks like to me now I've re-read it. Can chestbrah confirm if I'm correct?

That's what I read, not that he was an employee of Collingwood.

How I'd like to see us lining up next season:

B Marsh - Brown - Williams
HB Scharenberg - Reid - Pendlebury
C Crisp - Aish - Sidebottom
HF Varcoe - Cloke - De Goey
F Elliott - Moore - Swan
Foll Grundy - Adams - Treloar
Int Fasolo - Goldsack - Greenwood - Maynard

Depth: Langdon, Frost, Toovey, Oxley, Freeman, Sinclair, Witts, White
Would love us to have a look at getting in a forward like McCarthy or Stringer too.

See below

Indeed , figures of the 2015 season below.

Cloke 17 m 34 goals 23 beh
Elliott 19 m 34 goals 29 beh
Fasolo 16 m 25 goals 14 beh
White 17 m 25 goals 19 beh

http://afltables.com/afl/stats/2015.html#4

Pendles is the most accurate 15 Goals, 6 Beh with Blair a good 2nd on 17 resp 9.
Anyway, will wait after the final game and see what we can dish up with statistics.

Outside of some missed clutch goals our goal kicking efficiency has been really good as a team. History suggests we won't improve much on that.

I'd be more interested in the scoring shots to I50 stats myself. I think this is an area we could really improve our efficiency. I suspect we need a few more dangerous smalls buzzing about our forward line.

Have you factored in games played? Last time I did a fwd comparison White would be on track and Elliott is on par with Cloke due to a few matches more. Fasolo and especially Cloke are lacking there imho. Our spread of goals is better compared to last year though.
Not want to hang players up on totals but their efficiency should be a lot better and the number of goals will take care of themselves.
Our players that have kicked over 10 goals this season
Pendlebury: 21 games; 15 goals; 21 goal assists
Swan: 21 games; 21 goals; 16 goal assists - Av. 1 goal per game
Crisp: 21 games; 15 goals; 7 goal assists - Av. 0.71 goals per game
Varcoe: 21 games; 10 goals: 13 goal assists - Av. 0.47 goals per game
Blair: 19 games; 17 goals; 15 goal assists - Av. 0.81 goals per game
Elliott; 19 games; 34 goals; 17 goal assists - Av. 1.78 goals per game
Fasolo: 16 games; 25 goals; 15 goal assists - Av. 1.56 goals per game
Cloke: 17 games; 34 goals; 8 goal assists - Av. 2.0 goals per game
White: 17 games; 25 goals; 7 goal assists - Av. 1.47 goal per game

Team lining up next season assuming injury free

B. Williams ~ Brown ~ Langdon
HB. Scharenberg ~ Reid ~ Varcoe
C. Sidebottom ~ Dangerfield ~ Freeman
HF. Crisp ~ Cloke ~ Treloar
F. Elliot ~ Moore ~ De Goey
R. Grundy ~ Pendlebury ~ Swan
I. Witts ~ Adams ~ Greenwood ~ Maynard

Depth: Fasolo, Macaffer, Goldsack, Kennedy, White, Blair, Sinclair, Broomhead, Ramsay, Toovey, Seedsman, Oxley, Frost, Cox

Assime one or two may go etc esp if we can get Danger! If not Aish would arrive i suspect

Depth: Fasolo, Macaffer, Goldsack, Kennedy, White, Blair, Sinclair, Broomhead, Ramsay, Toovey, Seedsman, Oxley, Frost, Cox

Assime one or two may go etc esp if we can get Danger! If not Aish would arrive i suspect

You're kidding yourself if you think we're getting both Treloar and Dangerfield.

Clearly we'll be following the early 2000s Carlton model of salary cap management next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back