List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I get the outside scutiny from getting in a couple of older guys just to save buckley's job. But i believe its more to save the face of the club for the supporters, we need to win games to make finals to get supporters excited again as memberships have dropped off this year but probably more than that we cant rely on collingwood name alone to entice quality talent to come to the club we need to show we are going in the right direction on the ladder to get the players in, which i think we may be trying to do next year!

I get the outside scutiny from getting in a couple of older guys just to save buckley's job. But i believe its more to save the face of the club for the supporters, we need to win games to make finals to get supporters excited again as memberships have dropped off this year but probably more than that we cant rely on collingwood name alone to entice quality talent to come to the club we need to show we are going in the right direction on the ladder to get the players in, which i think we may be trying to do next year!
Yes, I don't think this is a save Buckley issue at all. I think it's a board direction trying to revive the fortunes of the club on field after 3 years out of finals and give club some relevance again.

Hey mike123 slow reply, but I'm a Jamie Lannister man.

It's Rick Sanchez. I hope the rest of the Realistic Rick's pop up once this bonkers Mayne deal goes through :thumbsu:

5230235-ricksanchez.jpg

Boys and Girls

I called up SEN this morning to have a chat with Terry about his thoughts on what some of our players would be worth in terms of draft picks. Was a little taken back but what he thought Witts was worth.

Witts: Early 3 rounder
Williams: Early to late 3rd rounder
Frost: 4th round ( was happy with that as I would take a can of coke and 3 south Melbourne dim sims for Frost)

Thoughts?

Adams, Treloar, Aish, Howe

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope the club has more up its sleeve than Keefe! Surely if we lose Frost and Brown we are bringing someone else in.

I would hope so too. After two years out of the game it might take some time for Keefe to get up to speed.

Boys and Girls

I called up SEN this morning to have a chat with Terry about his thoughts on what some of our players would be worth in terms of draft picks. Was a little taken back but what he thought Witts was worth.

Witts: Early 3 rounder
Williams: Early to late 3rd rounder
Frost: 4th round ( was happy with that as I would take a can of coke and 3 south Melbourne dim sims for Frost)

Thoughts?

Wallace dramatically overvalues draft picks so whatever he says regarding player for pick trades should be reduced on a sliding scale.

I would suggest 5 picks for each round you go back in the draft. For instance Hanley's name also popped up from an early call and Wallace said his value was late first early second so once you apply the Wallace index he becomes a mid-late first. Witts as a 3rd rounder gets a 15 selection reduction and GC have 41 currently which comes into 25 (pushed further with FA compo to come). Richmond have 43 currently and Williams' value would be around 30.

Frost he's bang on with, but I doubt that will be the deal. It's more likely that he'll be used to upgrade a pick we currently hold.

For record this is Page 1,030 of the trade thread. Dont understand why it has to be split into parts.
The sheer size of it is unmanageable apparently, (as decreed by Chief).
On a personal note; I'm hoping it truly does encourage a fresh start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back