List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the Sam Mitchell pace debate. His first 3-5 steps is elite. That pace gives him the ability to get out of traffic, balance and hit targets. Once he's in open space he's as slow as a wet week, but in tight there's no one quicker.

With (potentially) Marsh, Brown and Frost gone, other than Keeffe returning, do we have any other irons in the fire in terms of KPD targets?
In terms of forwards, with Stewart looking likely to head to Essendon, are we looking at others(e.g. NM Black)?
Stewart to Essendon certain? Sauce?

On the Sam Mitchell pace debate. His first 3-5 steps is elite. That pace gives him the ability to get out of traffic, balance and hit targets. Once he's in open space he's as slow as a wet week, but in tight there's no one quicker.
He's going to be good for WCE, real good pick up for them

Don't forget or underestimate the quickness of mind...........one step ahead of the "dumb" footballers.

Has hawthorn recruited some we don't know about, apparently it's speed they have recruited for not sure tom Mitchell is super quick, vickory, um no! I guess omeara but he could well be on 1 leg next year. No one replacing Hill, possibly hartung going looks like there losing more speed than they are receiving lol

Yeah but it was "clinical". ;)

Yeah well that's another separate issue and something that has plagued this country for years. We've never been good at re-integrating our service men let alone welcoming them home. In fact we don't integrate anyone well in this country. I'm not going to derail, my point is that their are a lot more people making bigger sacrifices than playing football in a state they don't want to be at.

You can't win this argument with the generation of entitlement.

Yeah I've never got the 'Sam Mitchell is too slow' arguments. For an inside mid, he's always looked plenty quick to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what I heard Friday

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess we will find out tomorrow? If he hasn't gone tomorrow fair chance he will stay. Not likely anyone will trade when they could of got him for free unless nth has plans..

Don't forget or underestimate the quickness of mind...........one step ahead of the "dumb" footballers.
He has quick hands and mind but if you look at his games over the finals was often caught out. Good trade for Hawks but not sure it is for WC,
Swan was a different breed, very quick over short distance and more often released the ball by foot.

Do you think Sam Mitchell is slow or quick?
Doesn't matter - MItchell makes outside runners look quick because he puts the ball exactly where they need it. MItchell is an architect. They cannot replace him. The same as Carlton couldn't replace Greg Williams. Slow sure, surgical - yes. You can replace tough, you can replace speed. You can't replace someone who feels the game like Mitchell does. You just can't.

Some believe that conscription provides the discipline and structure that young adults need that is typically void from their parents who cuddle them. In the military you don't get to do what you want to do. You do what you are told and in the process build the resilience you need to survive in this big bad world.
Too many literal people on this board. Just can't draw parallels between concepts for them selves.

Yes, we should send our young men to die in the middle east so millionaires can get more oil.

That'll toughen them up.

Stewart to Essendon certain? Sauce?

Not certain, but mentioned on SEN and Trade Radio yesterday, and pretty sure there was also a single line reference to Ess firming as preferred destination / suitor in box seat on AFL page yesterday. Will try to dig it up.
But wasn't portrayed as a done deal, just current status, way I read it.

He has quick hands and mind but if you look at his games over the finals was often caught out. Good trade for Hawks but not sure it is for WC,
Swan was a different breed, very quick over short distance and more often released the ball by foot.
The only reason Mitchell was "found out" was because he wasn't supported by a lot of front runners who couldn't win their own ball. The way Hawthorn allowed Geelong to physically target him was un Hawthorn like. It wasn't his fault - so they trade him - whose going to win it for them now? Tom Mitchell can win it but he cant distribute it like Sam can. Terrible trade

Same draft but IMO very similar players........sorry footballers...........I think people are arguing different things.

My point was that running fast doesn't make you a "quick" footballer.

Same draft but IMO very similar players........sorry footballers...........I think people are arguing different things.

My point was that running fast doesn't make you a "quick" footballer.
That was my point too, opposition have studied him and the quick mind hands wwere getting caught out.
The Swan comment was that they weren't the same.
Tom Mitchell will be very good IMO.

That was my point too, opposition have studied him and the quick mind hands wwere getting caught out.
The Swan comment was that they weren't the same.
Tom Mitchell will be very good IMO.

Hawks did a Great Job to get Tom in to replace Sam

Not certain, but mentioned on SEN and Trade Radio yesterday, and pretty sure there was also a single line reference to Ess firming as preferred destination / suitor in box seat on AFL page yesterday. Will try to dig it up.
But wasn't portrayed as a done deal, just current status, way I read it.
Hmmm pity. Don't like losing trades. Even when it is a meh player. Good part is that we have some more points for F/S.

Hawks did a Great Job to get Tom in to replace Sam
Wondering if Sam things so? Sam probably didn't know 4 weeks ago he was being replaced the poor bugger. Some real odd endings of players careers at clubs this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back