List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Marsh and Frost played 10 games each this year.

Brown played 16.

Keeffe comes back next year and Scharenberg.. so in effect we're really not that short on tall defenders compared to what we had this year

Maybe some depth... but i don't think its as desparate as everyone is making out.

And Marsh hasn't gone yet as no team in the west wants him at this stage... so he still may stay.

Marsh and Frost played 10 games each this year.

Brown played 16.

Keeffe comes back next year and Scharenberg.. so in effect we're really not that short on tall defenders compared to what we had this year

Maybe some depth... but i don't think its as desparate as everyone is making out.

And Marsh hasn't gone yet as no team in the west wants him at this stage... so he still may stay.
You need to take your head out of the sand.

Lol, what's with this board atm?

"We're low on key defenders, let's get Ricky Henderson!"

"Let's get Dunn, he'll be backup for Langdon and Scharenberg!"

"Langdon is a small defender and Maynard is a third tall!"

:drunk:
It's been like this ever since I've known it. X player gets injured. We have Joe Blogs to cover him...

I don't see a problem with the loss of Frost/Brown/Marsh. If anything our defensive record will be similar at worst, as we lose those goals that they'd cost us from turnovers, however would possibly concede more from 1on1 marking contests.
Its all about the pressure up the field. If our structures are sound, a backline of Keeffe, Reid, maynard, sinclair, howe, langdon would be good. If keeffe or reid go down, howe/langdon play taller (howe did a job on peter wright) and someone like ramma, or shaz comes in when their free from injury. I don't think the big negating defender is that important in todays game.. Phil davis isn't necessarily big, neither we're bulldogs defenders, they were tall but wirey types. Im excited by a new look backline, and a defence full of players who can kick would be refreshing to see.

depends on match ups as defence needs run or thumping kick, keefe at fb then opposition put smaller and quicker player in goalsqure.. wheres bucks plan b or c.....
If Keeffe is best 22 with full squad available, then we are in big trouble. Remember the Port game this season with all those easy goals out the back? That's exactly what will happen if Keeffe plays at FB. Smarter/faster players will lead him up the ground and then burn him on the way back to goal. We urgently need to recruit player(s) of sufficient defensive strength and quality to keep Keeffe in the VFL side!

Thoughts on Xavier Richards from Sydney? Requested a trade, is 196cm can play back or forward. Depending on price I wouldn't mind and if for a 3/4 pick I would take him.

I don't see a problem with the loss of Frost/Brown/Marsh. If anything our defensive record will be similar at worst, as we lose those goals that they'd cost us from turnovers, however would possibly concede more from 1on1 marking contests.
Its all about the pressure up the field. If our structures are sound, a backline of Keeffe, Reid, maynard, sinclair, howe, langdon would be good. If keeffe or reid go down, howe/langdon play taller (howe did a job on peter wright) and someone like ramma, or shaz comes in when their free from injury. I don't think the big negating defender is that important in todays game.. Phil davis isn't necessarily big, neither we're bulldogs defenders, they were tall but wirey types. Im excited by a new look backline, and a defence full of players who can kick would be refreshing to see.
Amen to that. I still wake up thinking of that sinking feeling seeing Brown on the wing against Richmond and the ball going to him and my heart sinking just knowing he's about to turn it over

Yep better fullback than anyone we have atm, probably better than the two fullbacks we had last year too being brown and frost

Can't believe I'm going to agree with this but Dunn may not be too bad of a stop gap option. Whilst a drafts KPD is coming along.

At 192cm he could quite easily play as an attacking under sized full back. Not bad defensively either with a booming kick. Should come cheap too. 29yo not a great selling point though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Amen to that. I still wake up thinking of that sinking feeling seeing Brown on the wing against Richmond and the ball going to him and my heart sinking just knowing he's about to turn it over
Yeap. And no longer will the opposition be able to leave him free behind the ball and then pressure him from the front and watch him turn it over.
If you let keeffe free he has a good sidestep for that frontal pressure, and also a brilliant kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't believe I'm going to agree with this but Dunn may not be too bad of a stop gap option. Whilst a drafts KPD is coming along.

At 192cm he could quite easily play as an attacking under sized full back. Not bad defensively either with a booming kick. Should come cheap too. 29yo not a great selling point though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Ive always rated Dunn quite highly tbh. Never unlocked his full potential at melbourne, at a different club we may have seen a different Dunn.

He is a pretty big boy for his age as is. That's why he was a surprise in the draft because of how late he was picked. He's got a good kick and a good size with a fair amount of weight on him and height at 186cm too.
No Suprise. His Dad would want nothing to do with Collingwood
maybe the other thing is maybe Allen now at Collingwood doesn't rate him.

We will not get Dunn, surely, or I'm Dunn. You don't let players like Brown go only to replace them with someone who's struggling to even make Melbourne's best 22.

That won't improve us to even pass Melbourne themselves let alone other clubs.

We might be "desperate" to get a KPD but we're not that desperate.

He's almost 30 and you don't think he's unlocked his full potential?
No. Im saying he never unlocked it at melbourne, and if he was drafted to a different club, we may have seen a different career from Dunn. The melbourne he has played for (apart from last year) have been an absolute basket case, hard to get the best out of yourself there. Top rated kids in the country couldn't even do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back