List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For more opportunity.
I understand there may be a reason why he would consider coming to us. Is there any basis for us being interested in him. He is under contract. Is this just BF speculation or has something been really happening?

Midfield is complete/elite now, forward line is only one KPF off looking pretty darn good. Backline is as bare as Mrs Hubbards cupboard. I'm sure that will be addressed next year.

Buckle up. It's one or two more years of rebuild city. Pretty sure Gubby is happy for Buckley to be collateral damage in the process too

Bolded is looking truer by the day.

Forward line is still a work in progress. Moore has massive potential but still has to transfer that to reality. Elliott and Fasolo are the other 2 that look potentially good but question marks over their fitness as well as Darcys. Rest of the forwards look pedestrian. Still a bit of work to do there.

Forward line is still a work in progress. Moore has massive potential but still has to transfer that to reality. Elliott and Fasolo are the other 2 that look potentially good but question marks over their fitness as well as Darcys. Rest of the forwards look pedestrian. Still a bit of work to do there.

You could say that for Majority of the Team. Treloar,Pendles and Steele are only really Proven Players

There are posters in this thread saying that players like Dunn and Richards aren't good enough, while criticising the club for letting both Brown and Frost go.
I'm sure this statement sounded good in your head and will be swallowed by the lemmings but Brown and Frost shit all over Dunn and Richards.

There are posters in this thread saying that players like Dunn and Richards aren't good enough, while criticising the club for letting both Brown and Frost go.

Of course they are lol. Trading 101 you only make moves if you can improve your list and those particular moves don't improve us. Otherwise you wind up like Richmond!

Hence why there's little to no criticism towards Corr because those same posters see some potential in Corr improving us.

WHE hopefully will help a little as he has some X-factor and there was some talk of Pendles playing forward minutes.

Mayne is blue collar AF but with Elliot (hopefully) back and him, we may actually stand a chance to keep the ball locked in. Add one more tall you've got a pretty dynamic fwd group in Moore, Player X, WHE, Mayne, Elliot, Fas and Pendles and the Goo floating forward.

Everyone seems consigned to Cox already having plateaued too, but I still think he has a lot of untapped upside.

And yes..as you say.. I think Pert has given Gubby free license to take a straight razor to our list and coaching depts.

If nothing else, next year will certainly sell some papers!

Last edited:
Can't believe I'm going to agree with this but Dunn may not be too bad of a stop gap option. Whilst a drafts KPD is coming along.

At 192cm he could quite easily play as an attacking under sized full back. Not bad defensively either with a booming kick. Should come cheap too. 29yo not a great selling point though.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Both James Clement and Shane Wakelin used to play on the monster forwards and James was 190cm and Shane 192cms. If our backs and mids get back in numbers it hopefully it should not be a problem

You could say that for Majority of the Team. Treloar,Pendles and Steele are only really Proven Players
Adams, Reid and Grundy says hi - we have talent accross lines, I just think we have a big gap between players like these and that next tier. It's almost like we've just skipped 2-3 years somewhere in development.

We should have a raft of players on each line that are really ready to break out into that elite category. I think it would wrong to expect that from Moore this year and also De Goey, no one down back really looks like making that next jump, Scharenberg needs to concentrate in returning to senior football and not being an A-Grader just yet, after that looking through our list it's just meh, yeah meh, hmm nah.

Good clubs really have those mid tier guys that become elite and hit AA form when it all of a sudden clicks.

Both James Clement and Shane Wakelin used to play on the monster forwards and James was 190cm and Shane 192cms. If our backs and mids get back in numbers it hopefully it should not be a problem
James Clement used to play on the best small forwards in the league IIRC.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

THIS.. getting back in numbers in the modern game is far more effective than an old school stopper with no other dynamic in their kit bag.

Of course they are lol. Trading 101 you only make moves if you can improve your list and those particular moves don't improve us. Otherwise you wind up like Richmond!

Hence why there's little to no criticism towards Corr because those same posters see some potential in Corr improving us.
I won't even discount Richards Jr improving in few years time but buggered if I know what logic VV was using when he wrote that if we're talking immediate future..

Dave, just heard that Pies finished trading for this year, so more action from us...

You can take it easy now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Why lie to him? Are you deliberately trying to get him upset?

There are posters in this thread saying that players like Dunn and Richards are good enough, while criticising the club for not letting both Brown and Frost go sooner.

Just a question, so Lewis is under contract for 2017 but Melbourne offered a 3 yr contract, this mean the Hawks contract gets canceled out or is it really just a 2yr extension or is it really a 4 yr contract? Just wondering

Usually try to avoid directly insulting players, but can't keep it in anymore...

Mackenzie, M Brown, Lonergan, Dunn, Richards, Fisher, Silvagni...
Fv1v9eK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back