List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brown definitely.But Frost?He was a terrible footballer.
He had his limitations no doubt but did the job more often than not.
Young Richards is at least couple of years from getting to this stage while Dunn could never establish himself in a woeful side like Melbourne and is over the hill.

A lot of talk on trade radio today about the number of players we're losing and how we could be facing the need for 7 draftees to fill the senior list purely on a numbers perspective depending on how we structure the list we may only require 3 or 4 draft selections. Rather than being locked into 2 year contracts for late draft picks I think we'd be better off taking more players in the rookie draft, which can be achieved by upgrading 2 of our existing rookies (Cox, Smith, Keeffe and Thomas) and going in with a senior list of 38 or 39 with one or two of our other rookies promoted in the preseason like we did with Gault last year.

2016 - 39 senior, 1 promoted rookie (Gault), 4 rookies, 2 cat b rookies (Cox, Wyatt)

Likely outs (confirmed, requested, rumoured)

10 senior (Swan, Macaffer, Toovey, Goodyear, Brown, Cloke, Witts, Frost, Marsh, Williams)
2 rookies (Golds, Gault)
1 cat b rookie (Wyatt)

Vacancies

31 - Wells
32 - Mayne
33 - WHE
34 - rookie upgrade (one of Cox, Smith, Keeffe and Thomas)
35 - rookie upgrade (one of Cox, Smith, Keeffe and Thomas)
36 - draft pick
37 - draft pick
38 - draft pick
39 - draft pick or promoted rookie (one of Cox, Smith, Keeffe and Thomas)
40 - draft pick or promoted rookie (one of Cox, Smith, Keeffe and Thomas)

Rookie list:

5 selections
- If senior list of 38 with two of Smith, Keeffe and Thomas upgraded
4 selections
- If senior list of 38 with Cox and one of Smith, Keeffe and Thomas upgraded
- If senior list of 39 with two of Smith, Keeffe and Thomas upgraded
3 selections
- If senior list of 39 with Cox and one of Smith, Keeffe and Thomas upgraded​

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to settle down and relax, put on some Bob Marley.

Who are we trying to trade with?

Witts to GC
Frost to Brisbane
Cloke to Bulldogs
and WHE to us from GWS

All three of those clubs we are trying to trade players to are trying to finalise other deals.

Richmond with Prestia from the Gold Coast
Hanley from Brisbane to Gold Coast, Omeara from GC TO Hawks (Omeara deal least affecting us)
Hamlin from dogs to Freo
Stevens from dogs to ?
Hrovat from dogs to ?

Once these deals are finished we will start to see some movement in our deals.

And then we will trade a late pick this year or next year for WHE, depending on our draft picks/points from our trades.

Perhaps a delisted free agent as a back up KDP, and everything will be okazay!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Hine will stick to the game plan and not worry about the peripheral crap. Bring in who we originally wanted and then worry about filling in holes in the list or having a crack at opportunities . During the members presentation I think Hine wanted to bring into the club, a tall forward, a tall back and a small forward. Don't know if that was draft or trade scenario or a combination of both. Opportunities like the Brisbane 'flog' will be icing on the cake. No scatter gun approach please!

A lot of talk on trade radio today about the number of players we're losing and how we could be facing the need for 7 draftees to fill the senior list purely on a numbers perspective depending on how we structure the list we may only require 3 or 4 draft selections.

Yeah, heard that.

They forgot to count Goodyear being delisted, so by their numbers it's a potential loss of 10 players / needing 8 draftees.

Trade Radio are playing a game of "Sam Mitchell was worth pick 88 therefore Cloke, Witts, Frost, ain't worth much" but I think it's worth seeing that play out in the next few days before we get too worried.

We've technically only lost five and gained two so far.

I think Hine will stick to the game plan and not worry about the peripheral crap. Bring in who we originally wanted and then worry about filling in holes in the list or having a crack at opportunities . During the members presentation I think Hine wanted to bring into the club, a tall forward, a tall back and a small forward. Don't know if that was draft or trade scenario or a combination of both. Opportunities like the Brisbane 'flog' will be icing on the cake. No scatter gun approach please!

Well hopefully he gets trade done soon.

So he could get Players we need

Yeah, heard that.

They forgot to count Goodyear being delisted, so by their numbers it's a potential loss of 10 players / needing 8 draftees.

Trade Radio are playing a game of "Sam Mitchell was worth pick 88 therefore Cloke, Witts, Frost, ain't worth much" but I think it's worth seeing that play out in the next few days before we get too worried.

We've technically only lost five and gained two so far.

Gibbs and Deledio are immune from this apparently

Well hopefully he gets trade done soon.

So he could get Players we need
TD relax. It is not going to happen soon. We want to maximize our points so I doubt we want to be the first with good news. I rather have us wait a few days more to get higher pick, even for a few lousy points because we need them badly.

Why would we look at Dunn at Dee's when Jack Hutchins is:
* taller (191cm)
* Casey Captain in loosing GF and played well
* Has real character and leadership traits
* Training beast
* Won their B and F.
Was recruited from Gold Coast where he had limited opportunity and injuries.
*Was named Full Back in VFL team of the year
And...most importantly is young and may have a future, could be a find.

Cost nothing risk nothing Vs buy a Potato.

?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back