List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate just heard Lyons and 53 for 44.
Then 53 for Witts.
Hahaha Witts you absolute Plodder.
If you barrack for Collingwood why would you not want a higher pick for Witts?
The better the pick the better our choice in draft time?

I would've thought it would be:

Adelaide out: Lyons
Adelaide in: Hawthorn player of equivalent value/ability

Gold Coast out: O'Meara
Gold Coast in: Pick 10, Lyons, 48

Hawthorn out: 10, 48, player to Adelaide.
Hawthorn in: O'Meara

It was rumoured that Gold Coast wanted a player from Hawthorn but no one wanted to go there. Surely there'd be a greater chance of someone wanting to go from Hawthorn to a Adelaide given that the Crows are a red-hot chance for top 4 next year.
You might be on the money. Still means we are getting sweet FA for Witts/his value.

Legends member. Don't rate Witts and hate him. I'd happily see him delisted. We should take what we get offered cause he's hopeless IMO.

That's some in depth stuff there Sunbot ; nothing cryptic about that.

So more hope than anything on getting the GC top 10 pick or inside word?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Eade values Witts more than many of BF do. I guess he has a need for his plans and this deal has been in the wind for too long for it to wait for a final day swap for a late pick. My Gold Coast source indicated we were chasing a big return

It doesn't matter what you want mate. Id love a pick in the 20's, but im realistic and i can see his value as no more then a mid 30's pick

Legends member. Don't rate Witts and hate him. I'd happily see him delisted. We should take what we get offered cause he's hopeless IMO.
That's fair enough.
Bag him all you need to, that's your call, I just want highest possible pick.
I hope GC think he's indispensable.

How good does this team want to be?
GWS has done a brilliant job of introducing experience into their list - Davis, Mumford, Shaw, Ward, Griffin, Stevie J & Patfull have all added great value and leadership. NOw add Deledio to that. Compare that to GC, who put too many eggs in the Ablett basket and are now miles behind GWS, despite having the same concessions and starting a year earlier.

They can't expect clubs to pay the correct amount of the cap without actually telling clubs what that is.... Surely.
The AFL making shit up us they go, oh yeah, that'd never happen!:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It doesn't matter what you want mate. Id love a pick in the 20's, but im realistic and i can see his value as no more then a mid 30's pick
No it does not matter I want at all.
It only matters what GCoast and Collingwood want together.

Heard the hold up for the Dunn trade is Demons want us to take Harry too.
Nah.
There's only one prince and he died this year.
Thanks Herieter, see you at the reunions, that will do.

I agree that we has poor this year but has been much better previously. Clearly he was down on on form & confidence and perhaps outside distractions but it wasn't that long ago that he was being spoken of in AA calculations. I don't believe in abandoning someone whose peak level is so high. Perhaps a change of position would freshen him up. I'd give him a go on the wing, with Crisp pushed back onto a HBF. Regardless, he's too good to simply de-list.
I was told by someone a while ago, someone who has dealings at the club with all the senior figures, that Marley was going and it was based on his off field issues.

I was told by someone a while ago, someone who has dealings at the club with all the senior figures, that Marley was going and it was based on his off field issues.
That's very sad for him and a bit of a disaster for us. We're getting such poor return on those that we're trading out and then lose a couple of very talented players (Williams and Marsh) for nothing too. I really hope that there's a reconciliation and Marley stays. Marsh too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back