List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven't caught a lot of him, but is he really THAT bad? Thought he had some dash, a fair leg on him although not sure on hitting targets..

His best is great. His worst is poor, and he was on the nose this year. His best will give you a shut down back pocket, with niggle, dash and a deadly sidestep, 20+ disposals and a 60m erratic left kick and a guy that never loses a contest. His worst is borderline disinterest. He does have game but it needs harnessing.

His best is great. His worst is poor, and he was on the nose this year. His best will give you a shut down back pocket, with niggle, dash and a deadly sidestep, 20+ disposals and a 60m erratic left kick and a guy that never loses a contest. His worst is borderline disinterest. He does have game but it needs harnessing.

I concur.

Should be trade day. It turned to crap after day one.
Monday till Thursday of the one week. Easy, simple, quicker, enough discussion time.

Haven't caught a lot of him, but is he really THAT bad? Thought he had some dash, a fair leg on him although not sure on hitting targets..

He looked to be a decent player in 2015. One year later and he is out the door, it's a common theme at our club...

In actual fact it will be Bulldogs future 3rd since we have swapped future 3rd/4th picks for Hrovat

If you want to avoid a shit fight I'd avoid arguing over value. If you want to learn something about Marley as a player, stick to that tact instead. It'll be better discussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marley uncontracted so I wouldn't be expecting too much out of a trade. Other clubs would know we weren't rushing to sign him up.

A North mate said they don't really have a small lock down defender so who knows.

Marley would be another poor ball user shown the door; I'm happy with that line of thinking anyway.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No he's not. Had a poor year this year, but word is he's had some personal issues interfering with his footy. Makes sense, because a lot of the time this year he played as if his mind was somewhere else. If he gets back to last years form you'll have a bargain on your hands. Excellent lock down small defender who can run and carry with a good sidestep at his best.

Lifestyle is an issue though. Apparently lives with Dustin Martin and is friends with Jake King.

Wouldn't expect any more than a third rounder given the club seems happy to see the back of him.

So the thinking now would be maybe along the lines of:

From Snoop's rumour in his thread:
Pies give up - Witts & Greenwood
Pies get - # 26 & 48
Hawks give up - # 10 & 48 & 57
Hawks get - JOM
Suns give up - JOM & 26
Suns get - # 10, Witts and Greenwood & 57

2017 3rd from North for Williams.

Our #28 & North's 2017 3rd to GWS for Corr & WHE

Lions 2017 3rd rounder or Freeman/Close for Frost.

Doggies pick for Koby Stevens #50 for Cloke.

Leaves us with 26, 47, 48, 50, 65 & 83.

Maybe use 83 for Dunn.

47 and Marsh to WCE for #34? Not sure if that's possible but would love to get another pick around 30-35.

And by disinterest you mean standing around trying to fight blokes three times his size. Like this year with Majak.

We need to do some unpredictable things next year .. I'd like to see Howe played in the ruck .. Great entertainment to see him fly for a speccie 50+ times a game .. And I'd like to see Blair thrown in the ruck (& I mean literally thrown into the air by 2 teammates to contest the hit out, like they do in rugby) .. we need to throw our players around more ... and if we can't throw Blair out of our team then the next best thing would be to turn him into a human cannonball ..

So the thinking now would be maybe along the lines of:

From Snoop's rumour in his thread:
Pies give up - Witts & Greenwood
Pies get - # 26 & 48
Hawks give up - # 10 & 48 & 57
Hawks get - JOM
Suns give up - JOM & 26
Suns get - # 10, Witts and Greenwood & 57

2017 3rd from North for Williams.

Our #28 & North's 2017 3rd to GWS for Corr & WHE

Lions 2017 3rd rounder or Freeman/Close for Frost.

Doggies pick for Koby Stevens #50 for Cloke.

Leaves us with 26, 47, 48, 50, 65 & 83.

Maybe use 83 for Dunn.

Is Greenwood really likely to get traded? Haven't heard his name bought up at all apart from on here.

King Lear I believe.
Sure is.

“Nothing will come of nothing: speak again.”

So many fantastic quotes in king Lear
Actually in Shakespeare, the greatest writer of the all. The Bradman of literature.

Is Greenwood really likely to get traded? Haven't heard his name bought up at all apart from on here.

Went off the scenario Snoop posted in his thread. Greenwood would be in the gun given the way we seem to be shedding ourselves of poor ball users and the fact that Hine mentioned at one stage on Trade Radio that they'd like to give Wills more midfield time. If that's the case and Rupe has gone past Greenwood he seems surplus to requirements.

And by disinterest you mean standing around trying to fight blokes three times his size. Like this year with Majak.
Maybe he thought Mr Daw took something of his a possession or two on the field.

Whenever any trade news breaks, I can't be the only one who eagerly awaits Apex36 to start corresponding with opposition supporters.
Ooooh I have a fan!

Is my correspondence with opposition fans really that entertaining? :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back