List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

I like what they did with Frosty, two future 3rd and 4th round picks in the 2017 draft. Almost offsets the 2nd rounder we lost for WHE.

Not for mine unless we consider running around like a headless chook applying faux pressure a skill? In terms of football skills his retention by hand and foot, tackling and ball handling are all sub par.
Haha even then I still think skill wise he's got Brown & Frost covered, though that's not hard.

What shits me about Blair is I've been waiting for 3 years now for someone to take his spot. What shits me more is the little bastard has better leading patterns than most of our fwds!

Why hasn't this been addressed?

Give him new directions, show our fwds what they need to do, play him in the mids or fugg him off!

This scares me to say, but maybe we look at Drew Petrie as a DFA.

He not only offers some support for Moore up forward, but is also a ruck option in case of emergency.

It is really disappointing that I'm bringing myself to even suggest it, but surely we need another tall short term
Not that bad but more of a "in case of emergency break glass" type scenario, might be better off trying for someone younger that might improve. Aka hamling for dogs maybe, there out there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IMO any trade of a player for a 70+ draft pick in this trade period is effectively a salary dump for the original club, and a round-about way to get the player to another club, and free up salary without having to buy out their contract or for them to be a free agent. If the player really wants a change of scenery, or the club wants the list spot and cap space (to be able to sign free agents or use live draft picks), and great offers aren't really forthcoming, then sometimes it's just a "take what you can get" to get the deal done (eg. Marley Williams).

I used to get "doesn't apply himself" which meant an ass kicking from the rents every quarter.
This has now spawned an obsessive, compulsive personality which can never be happy due to the fact nothing is perfect.

I say f@#$ school!
My kids laugh at my school reports. "Does not even try" gives them a bit of a chuckle

How funny is this idiot on the gws board.. enjoy:

With the latest policy on the run coming from the AFL I think it's time GWS takes a stand and bans Collingwood.

That's right ban Collingwood or at least ban trading any player to Collingwood for at least 2 years.

Eddie McGuire is out of control, this egotistical self serving arseh*le is causing incredible damage to our club and its brand and I think it's time to take action.

In my view the best way to respond is to refuse to trade with his club, put them in Coventry, and render them helpless to get their paws on our sought after kids.

What is stopping us? There is no rule, and clubs like Adelaide and Port have not traded with each other previously. Why should we sit here and allow this idiot to drag our club through the mud, abuse his role in the media, and create mass hysteria??

If we put a line in the sand and say you know what we're sick of your bullying and we are not doing any further business with you, it would be the biggest FU to this mother****** and the biggest sting to his club.

I understand Gubby is there and we have traded well previously but if we don't start standing up for ourselves and start taking affirmative action we will continue to be pushed around and disrespected.

Time to give Eddie and Collingwood the finger and not trade any further until this tosser pulls his head in.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
Andre the Giant, Oct 7, 2016 Report
Share Tweet
#1 Like + Reply

As I said it is not a knock on the player more on Hine. He could say, decent kick, quick hands or whatever not sure that the reason he gave is why we draft a second rounder for especially as Visions posted he has only played 5 times at the MCG. Just seemed an unlike Hine comment.

It was a clumsy thing for Hine to say but I think youre overanalysing it.

How funny is this idiot on the gws board.. enjoy:

With the latest policy on the run coming from the AFL I think it's time GWS takes a stand and bans Collingwood.

That's right ban Collingwood or at least ban trading any player to Collingwood for at least 2 years.

Eddie McGuire is out of control, this egotistical self serving arseh*le is causing incredible damage to our club and its brand and I think it's time to take action.

In my view the best way to respond is to refuse to trade with his club, put them in Coventry, and render them helpless to get their paws on our sought after kids.

What is stopping us? There is no rule, and clubs like Adelaide and Port have not traded with each other previously. Why should we sit here and allow this idiot to drag our club through the mud, abuse his role in the media, and create mass hysteria??

If we put a line in the sand and say you know what we're sick of your bullying and we are not doing any further business with you, it would be the biggest FU to this mother****** and the biggest sting to his club.

I understand Gubby is there and we have traded well previously but if we don't start standing up for ourselves and start taking affirmative action we will continue to be pushed around and disrespected.

Time to give Eddie and Collingwood the finger and not trade any further until this tosser pulls his head in.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2016
Andre the Giant, Oct 7, 2016 Report
Share Tweet
#1 Like + Reply

I bet he doesnt even know Coventry is a famous Collingwood name

IMO any trade of a player for a 70+ draft pick in this trade period is effectively a salary dump for the original club, and a round-about way to get the player to another club, and free up salary without having to buy out their contract or for them to be a free agent. If the player really wants a change of scenery, or the club wants the list spot and cap space (to be able to sign free agents or use live draft picks), and great offers aren't really forthcoming, then sometimes it's just a "take what you can get" to get the deal done (eg. Marley Williams).
And keep on the good side of the players manager and get some brownie points from the side you do the deal with for the future dealings. We need a few brownie points as i reckon we are on the nose with a few teams (especially those North of the Murray).

Only caught a bit of a run down of the final trades. Had a heap on at work today and spent most of the day up on a roof in the howling wind and couldn't hear the bloody radio anyway. Without checking, it seems we got a shitload better deal for Frost than Cloke. Gave me a bit of a giggle:D

Only caught a bit of a run down of the final trades. Had a heap on at work today and spent most of the day up on a roof in the howling wind and couldn't hear the bloody radio anyway. Without checking, it seems we got a shitload better deal for Frost than Cloke. Gave me a bit of a giggle:D

Got a cracking deal for Frost. Lions are the gift that keep on giving.

Pretty happy with our trades. A bit of short term experience in whilst the younger blokes come on some more. Just as long as we have enough points to recruit Brown and Daics under father and son.
Love the names, fantastic to see them in Black and White. It seems the people who follow this have them as picks in 20's, 30's or 40's. As such they will be hit and miss selections. Love their names but they are unlikely to be stars.

Pretty happy with our trades. A bit of short term experience in whilst the younger blokes come on some more. Just as long as we have enough points to recruit Brown and Daics under father and son.
I know the names mean a lot . But are they any good ?

I don't necessarily have a problem with the players we let go and the ones we brought in. The ones we let go had clear weaknesses and most unlikely to be part of our best 22 if we are going well on the injury front. The ones we brought in I understand the logic in our thinking.

What I do have a problem with is compared to this year's market rates, we seemed to pay too much for those we traded in, and got paid unders for those we let go. This means we go into the draft with very little currency.:oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back