List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

I think we might guess that they picked Palmer because they knew WHE was leaving (but weren't sure about Palmer).

now stop posting the same thing in every thread kthx
This is the first post I've made about Palmer. If you don't like what I'm posting then put me on ignore. Otherwise gagf.

In all seriousness it could be pick 1 in 2017 that they gave up. Correction as the 1st is the 2017 Geelong pick. May end up spending a fair bit of next year barracking harder than normal against the Scum. I would laugh so hard but then i would cry that GWS gets pick 1 after winning the flag and also gets Brander as an Academy player for their pick 18. We are going to be watching a team that may pass our 4 consecutive flags.
DONE DEAL: MARCHBANK AND PICKETT JOIN BLUES

Carlton has traded for GWS pair Caleb Marchbank and Jarrod Pickett and as well as a second round pick in 2017. They give the Giants picks 45 and 58, both third-rounders, and a first round pick in 2017.

DONE DEAL: MARCHBANK AND PICKETT JOIN BLUES

Carlton has traded for GWS pair Caleb Marchbank and Jarrod Pickett and as well as a second round pick in 2017. They give the Giants picks 45 and 58, both third-rounders, and a first round pick in 2017.
Not a first round pick for the giants in 2017 from carlton. Pies get smashed for WHE and giants give marchbank away for peanuts..... (obviously i cant read. Just saw the first rounder they are goving up for 2017.... i swear it was 2nd rounder.... must be going mad from all these trades)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Overall that was a complete letdown. There actually wasn't a single trade where I can reflect on us walking away with a good outcome. All our deals had a kicker.

Wells good player, but the contract a bit of a worry with his injury history.
Mayne an ok role player that we gave a bonkers deal to.
WHE yes he has talent, but limited production 5 years in.
Dunn just a goer who offers much the same as Brown.

No move on a KPF, no move to upgrade selections and no real clarity from Hine when interviewed as he was leaving. Given where we currently sit the person I feel most for is Buckley because he needed a sideways trade period like a hole in the head.

I eagerly await the usual suspects coming in to spin the positives. It should provide some levity at least :)

Last edited:
I just thought at least Wells and Mayne were free agents. Then I remembered how much we're paying Mayne :(
We must have cash out the wazoo for us to do that. Coz North gave up on chasing him. He was all ours. Wonder if we have a special coming up in the pre-season draft.....judging by the trade period....probably not.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016 Part 4 - The Final Day: Sailing into the abyss ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back