List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
My point is that Buckley doesnt have 3-5 years to rebuild. All the planning has been around a tilt at the flag by 2017.

If we are trading out our power forward and relying on a 20 year old to carry the forward line, it means we have given up on that strategy.

On that basis, Buckley has to go as well.

FWIW, i am advocating keeping Cloke and Buckley. I dont think a cleanout is required.

I am just saying that Bucks really cant afford to go down the rebuild stage. He needs results. And he needs his power forward in form.
Bucks has never stopped cleaning out. Imho Cloke's departure is the last of MM boys and maybe some other dissonants that don't sit well with him . And he can afford it, there is nothing left to lose.
2017 is indeed not going to happen and the question will be next year how far off are we really with our list.

So the current team on rumoured players looks like.

B: Maynard (19) - Brown (27) - Langdon (22)
HB: Sinclair (24) - Reid (27) - Howe (26)
C: Aish (20) - Adams (22) - Sidebottom (25)
HF: Hoskin-Elliott (23) - Tomlinson (23) - Fasolo (24)
F: Elliott (23) - Moore (20) - White (28)
R: Grundy (22) - Pendlebury (28) - Treloar (23)

INT: Varcoe (28) - DeGoey (20) - Crisp (22) - Scharenberg (20)

Potentially 5 players (almost a quarter) who weren't in the team last year adds a completely different dynamic. (Langdon barely played and i am expecting some decent footy from him in 2017)

White could easily make way for Wills/Smith/Greenwood if we don't go with 3 talls up forward.

One thing that stands out, Extremely Young! Outside of Pendles/Varcoe/White/Brown/Reid the rest are all 26 and under.
Should be two Langdons in if the rumour mill is anything to go by.

My point is that Buckley doesnt have 3-5 years to rebuild. All the planning has been around a tilt at the flag by 2017.

If we are trading out our power forward and relying on a 20 year old to carry the forward line, it means we have given up on that strategy.

FWIW, i am advocating keeping Cloke and Buckley. I dont think a cleanout is required.

I am just saying that Bucks really cant afford to go down the rebuild stage. He needs results. And he needs his power forward in form.
Correct. I don't see how this is not obvious to everyone.

Correct. I don't see how this is not obvious to everyone.
There is a difference between seeing a need and seeing the solution. If Cloke would have maintained his form since 2012, we wouldn't have this discussion.
Cloke has simply run out of goodwill after so many years. If your job depends on it, would Cloke be your main fwd or would you go for plan B? I don’t know what plan B is btw , looks like med sized fwd creating havoc but that is a wait and see.

There is a difference between seeing a need and seeing the solution. If Cloke would have maintained his form since 2012, we wouldn't have this discussion.
Cloke has simply run out of goodwill after so many years. If your job depends on it, would Cloke be your main fwd or would you go for plan B? I don’t know what plan B is btw , looks like med sized fwd creating havoc but that is a wait and see.

If the club could of maintained there form im sure he would hav been playing better too.
You seen the way we hav been moving the ball forward these last few years?

Wright would improve the profile of our list massively.
Would set up our forward line for 10 years.

Did I read or hear somewhere that he is a Pies supporter?
Not that it counts for too much, but it's better than he hates us!
And if he doesn't, then we can bag him without mercy.... ;)

If the club could of maintained there form im sure he would hav been playing better too.
You seen the way we hav been moving the ball forward these last few years?
You've placed a horse in your avatar?
Are you appealing to my inner horse?

I'm happy to keep Cloke too. I don't see the point swapping him for an Aaron Black/ similar or a late 2nd or 3rd round pick.....however, he may not want to stay and for that reason we must get maximum value from him. After all he is still contracted next year.
If he does go, Cox may just have to put in a little more over the preseason, as we will need at least 20 games out of him next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HF: Hoskin-Elliott (23) - Tomlinson (23) - Fasolo (24)

Potentially 5 players (almost a quarter) who weren't in the team last year adds a completely different dynamic. (Langdon barely played and i am expecting some decent footy from him in 2017)

White could easily make way for Wills/Smith/Greenwood if we don't go with 3 talls up forward.

One thing that stands out, Extremely Young! Outside of Pendles/Varcoe/White/Brown/Reid the rest are all 26 and under.
Take out Langdon, put in Ramsay.

Wright would improve the profile of our list massively.
Would set up our forward line for 10 years.

Did I read or hear somewhere that he is a Pies supporter?
Not that it counts for too much, but it's better than he hates us!
Lynch grew up a pies supporter too, just quietly...

Bucks has never stopped cleaning out. Imho Cloke's departure is the last of MM boys and maybe some other dissonants that don't sit well with him . And he can afford it, there is nothing left to lose.
2017 is indeed not going to happen and the question will be next year how far off are we really with our list.
Cloke was never a MM boy. A big part of the reason he stayed at Collingwood in 2012 was because he preferred Buckley as a coach to Malthouse.

HF: Hoskin-Elliott (23) - Anyone but Tomlinson (23) - Fasolo (24)

Better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back