Preview Collingwood v Geelong, 17 March 7.40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen Dean play, but his highlight real was a lot of uncontested intercepts and neat kicks. Are you sure he's that type of defender?
Just what I've heard and minimul video footage.
Guys like Manic ex VFA player, as well talking him up.
The Fly got him for the FB position.
Dean is also considered an excellent intercept mark.
I see Frampton as an intercept mark on the HBF.
Very fast player from what I hear and intercept is his thing.
Dunno mate until we watch these two play some games.

You realise Fly would have had very little input in to any recruiting in 2021, right? Fly didn’t get him. Hine did. He would have been recruited to Collingwood regardless of whether Fly was there or not.

For mine if Hawkins and J Cameron both play

Moore, Frampton, Murphy and one of Cox/Cameron… with Frampton pinch hitting in the ruck down back at times and Mcstay likewise up front

Is superior to

Moore, one of Frampton or Murphy, and persisting with Cox and Cameron as dual rucks

Been saying it all summer… one ruck is the way to go.

Better than carrying two lumbering rucks into a game at the expense of extra mobility and versatility

And we no longer need to play two rucks on account of needing one of them to rest forward and provide an additional tall target

Nor… after a preseason… is there the excuse that Cameron or Cox aren’t fit enough to solo ruck 85% game time like most other rucks in the comp

I just don’t see the value in playing two rucks and finishing with average hit out to advantage stats anyhow 🤷‍♂️

Moore, Frampton, Murphy and one of Cox/Cameron… with Frampton pinch hitting in the ruck down back at times and Mcstay likewise up front

Is superior to

Moore, one of Frampton or Murphy, and persisting with Cox and Cameron as dual rucks

Better than carrying two lumbering rucks into a game at the expense of extra mobility and versatility

And we no longer need to play two rucks on account of needing one of them to rest forward and provide an additional tall target

Nor… after a preseason… is there the excuse that Cameron or Cox aren’t fit enough to solo ruck 85% game time like most other rucks in the comp

I just don’t see the value in playing two rucks and finishing with average hit out to advantage stats anyhow 🤷‍♂️
I think you'll have to wait for Kreuger to be fit to get your wish

I'm all for Frampton getting a crack but I'm surprised if it means Murphy is getting left out. Sure he's a tweener and he's slow AF but he reads the ball better in flight than Frampton. Sure he can't reach as high but Frampton is prone to a howler to every good intercept he'll take.

Anyway, mostly looking forward to seeing if Geelong tag Naicos and if not, seeing how he performs (assuming he goes into the midfield plenty).

And looking forward to seeing if the Mitchell JDG bromance continues 🥰

I'm all for Frampton getting a crack but I'm surprised if it means Murphy is getting left out. Sure he's a tweener and he's slow AF but he reads the ball better in flight than Frampton. Sure he can't reach as high but Frampton is prone to a howler to every good intercept he'll take.

Anyway, mostly looking forward to seeing if Geelong tag Naicos and if not, seeing how he performs (assuming he goes into the midfield plenty).

And looking forward to seeing if the Mitchell JDG bromance continues 🥰
Who else do you take out of that backline?

Is superior to

Two rucks worked for us last year and with the added advantage of a “no strings attached” sub rule we have additional flexibility to sub one off later in the game should circumstances require it. Plus McStay was brought to the club for a reason, and playing second ruck is not that reason.

Reckon we will stick with it for the time being. I actually think the extra ruckman will improve our forward line when they are resting there as they will be harder to match up on now McStay is here taking the best defender and mihocek is running his opponent up and down the ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geez I hate Geelong. I think it goes back to emotional damage inflicted in the 2011 season. Whatever, I just hate them. Way more than Carlton, Bombers or anyone else.

I have resigned myself to Hawkins and Cameron both playing on Friday night and one of them having a blinder. Probably Cameron. Or an annoying fringe player like Close or Rohan having a night out. It always seems to happen against us. Thankfully I won’t have to watch Duckwood with his head bandaged, pleading to the umpires for his 20th free kick of the night. That’s something at least.

Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geez I hate Geelong. I think it goes back to emotional damage inflicted in the 2011 season. Whatever, I just hate them. Way more than Carlton, Bombers or anyone else.

I have resigned myself to Hawkins and Cameron both playing on Friday night and one of them having a blinder. Probably Cameron. Or an annoying fringe player like Close or Rohan having a night out. It always seems to happen against us. Thankfully I won’t have to watch Duckwood with his head bandaged, pleading to the umpires for his 20th free kick of the night. That’s something at least.

Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I’ve hated them since that w***er Scarlett was giving all the boys shit during the 2009 prelim when the flogs were 10 goals up. Then had a massive sook the next year when Maxy said to him when we were 80 up in the prelim “Bit ****n quieter this year?”. Loved that win nearly more than any other we have had including GFs. Still remember that first quarter and how we played on a level I’ve never seen before or since. 😍

I think Frampton will play. The club would like to see what he can offer and they must have plenty of faith in him to give him a 3 year deal. We could have got him for nothing if we wanted but they chose to trade with Adelaide. I know there is a train of thought on here that Fly would not have had any input into recruiting him but I think coaches have a lot of input into who we might recruit. I can't see Hine making this type of recruitmentall on his own, he would have consulted with the whole football department and other talent scouts at the club. I don't know if Frampton will make it or not but what he will bring is some dash and great kicking out of defence which will free up other defenders to keep our defensive structures in tact in case of a turnover. It will also allow our running backs to be more offensive in transition

First Wright then Checkers now Mitchell. It could finally be Reef's year.

It'll be interesting to watch how he goes compared to Finn Callaghan given we traded Pick #2 to gain points for Reef. Could be an interesting race for Rising Star.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back